Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

Image attachments not working properly

See this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/300805-blueprint-houston-kiah-released/Also: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/297006-best-water-textures-for-fs9/That one is interesting, because it works in the beginning of the thread, but not at the end.Just tried to attach something myself, with the flash uploader, it says done, but instead of a thumbnail, I get a red X. Then I add it to the post, when I preview, red X.Click on it, image shows fine.I think someone needs to take a look at this issue. :wink:

Mike...

I just posted a similar question yesterday http://forum.avsim.net/topic/300995-whats-going-on-with-the-pictures-in-the-forum-lately/ and no one has replied yet.I'm guessing its because all or most of the Avsim folks are tried up with the Atlanta event. Hopefully they will be able to get it fixed in the next day or so.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I entered this thread because I was trying to find out what I am doing wrong to cause the problem described. In the thread where people are posting pictures of their FSX computer setup, all of the pictures are displaying in the post except mine. So apparently there is a methodology of which I am not aware.

Art

I entered this thread because I was trying to find out what I am doing wrong to cause the problem described. In the thread where people are posting pictures of their FSX computer setup, all of the pictures are displaying in the post except mine. So apparently there is a methodology of which I am not aware.
This is a test.

Art

Art, your test picture is just a box with a red X in it on my end.

Art, your test picture is just a box with a red X in it on my end.
Confirmed. Thought it might eventually work in IE, but it doens't as well. FF same thing. I believe it used to work earlier, when the forum was still new, clean and fresh. Not sure what happened. Now the red x's are all over the place, kinda annoying. Black%20Eye.gif

I'm not sure what is going on actually, neither is Brian. However, a quick search of other forums shows that they are indeed working correctly for others:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/302225-you-screw-up-just-this-much/He was able to insert photos in his post, so they should all be working.I will show Tom this thread as well to make sure he didn't change a setting somewhere.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

While I couldn't really download the pictures while I was on the road working outside of Chicago, being home allows me to check out what is happening, at least in Opera. While the attached picture above does not show in it's window, it does open when it is clicked on. This is similar to what was happening just after the forum upgrade.crew.jpgLinking to a picture still works.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

I'm not sure what is going on actually, neither is Brian. However, a quick search of other forums shows that they are indeed working correctly for others:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/302225-you-screw-up-just-this-much/He was able to insert photos in his post, so they should all be working.I will show Tom this thread as well to make sure he didn't change a setting somewhere.
Thanks John.Yeah its wierd, one day it was working fine for all of us, then the next day the majority of uploaded attached pics only show as red X'es until you click on them. At first I though it was just my computer, but then when I started seeing others complain of the same thing I knew it wasn't my computer.Uploaded pics posted from another host like photobucket still show up fine though.

John, that example is different in that it is an inserted image rather than an attached one (one uploaded to Avsim, then inserted). Right-click > Properties > Address (URL). Inserted images have all kinds of URL's, attached ones start with static.avsim.net.For example, the picture in my opening post has the following URL:http://static.avsim.net/forum/uploads/monthly_10_2010/post-123393-010116300%201286103477_thumb.jpgWhen I paste that in a new tab, I get a "404 Not Found" page. It seems either the address is right, but the thumbnail is not being generated, or the thumbnail exists, but the link is wrong.Hope that helps.

Mike...

John,Any news on this? Looks like the photo attachments uploaded using Avsim are still showing up as boxes with red X's, while images posted using external hosts are fine.

I can confirm this problem also.Screenshot of forum window, attached to the post:Same screenshot of forum window, linked through Imageshack:imagebug.png

Ah yes, finally.Thanks so much.