Sign in to follow this  
rambow

10th Edition R4D/DC-3/C-47 CD and DL Released

RELEASED October 1, 2010ADD-ON AIRCRAFT AND SCENERY PACKAGEFOR MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X and 'CENTURY OF FLIGHT'The latest edition of the storied MAAM-SIM Douglas R4D/DC-3/C-47 add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator includes a dedicated automatic installer for FSX. The FS2002 version has finally been dropped from the package. Please note: The FSX package is a port-over version of the FS9 version of the package modified for Flight Simulator X. It is compatible with all editions of FSX, including Service Pack 2 and the Acceleration. Essentially, what you get is the complete FS9 package with the FSX Basic Compatibility Upgrade and SP2 Transparency Fix already included in an automatic installer so that no further patching is required.We are not pretending this is anything new in this edition beyond the installer, itself. I've already gotten one e-mail asking where the free download of this "upgrade" is, since we always release upgrades that way. Well, that's usually correct. But think about it - how are we going to give away a complete installer of the package and still make money for the Museum?So, admitting that such an installer is long overdue in our CDs and DLs, why release them at this late date? To be perfectly frank, the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum desperately needs an infusion of cash to keep operating. The economy and the expenses from this year's 20th Anniversary World War II Weekend Show are killing us. We are hoping, and it is already proving true, that this little convenience will lure some new customers in and perhaps persuade some of our old, loyal customers to fork over another chunk of change to help a good cause.So, please do not buy this edition in the expectation that it is a native FSX aircraft or even an improvement beyond what was previously available by downloading and installing the existing free FSX and SP2 patches. But if you are one of those guys who has held off buying this aircraft package because he hates having to patch and fiddle with hand installing stuff, then this edition is for you. And if you are one of those true supporters of MAAM-SIM and what we are trying to accomplish for this valuable organization and its mission, and are willing to drop another $30 on the latest edition, then we all thank you sincerely.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Well I have bought this product( Addon) since 2002 ,it is the addon aircraft I have spent most time with in flight sim,and I'm not going to stop.I'd like to support you and I'l by the download version,and hey I might help speed up the release date on the real fsx version.jens baltzer

Well I have bought this product( Addon) since 2002 ,it is the addon aircraft I have spent most time with in flight sim,and I'm not going to stop.I'd like to support you and I'l by the download version,and hey I might help speed up the release date on the real fsx version.jens baltzer
Thanks very much, Jens.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I'm very interested in this Bill but I'm a bit confused regarding status of C47/DC3 for FSX.Is there still a new "from the ground up" FSX version being created at this time or planned for the future, or is the currently available "port over" FSX version what many of us havebeen waiting for?Thank you and best regards,Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

I'm very interested in this Bill but I'm a bit confused regarding status of C47/DC3 for FSX.Is there still a new "from the ground up" FSX version being created at this time or planned for the future, or is the currently available "port over" FSX version what many of us havebeen waiting for?Thank you and best regards,Ken Boardman
Hi Ken. The native FSX is not yet under development, but is definitely planned for the future. It will be our next FSX project, after Jan's current "training project", the N3N "Yellow Peril". That plane is scheduled for release at MAAM's World War II Weekend on June 3, so we expect to begine active development on the DC-3 about six months from now. The port-over was intended only as a stop-gap fund-raiser for MAAM as the museum, like a lot of non-profits, has taken a real financial beating in this horrible economy.Considering the long development time for a top notch add-on project, it's reasonable to expect a release date for the new FSX DC-3 for the following WWII WE shown in 2012. But that's just a hopeful W.A.G. by me. We'll certainly shoot hard for that target, but it would be foolish to announce a release date for a project that is still only in the planning stage. The point I want to make is that for anyone remaining on the fence about forking over $25 for the FSX port-over can still get at least 18 month's worth of use out of it before we can hope to have the native DC-3 in his eager hands.The current package has been very well received and on behalf of the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum I want to thank all who have purchased it and supported our efforts.Happy New Year to everyone, and here's hoping 2011 bring more prosperous times to us all.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thank you for the detailed reply Bill and for the AWESOME planes over the years. I beleive that I'll give the current MAAM DC3/C47 offering a try.I will certainly certainly look forward to the next (Native FSX) DC3/C47 offering by MAAM, whenever it appears.Best regards and wishes for a happy and prosperous 2011,Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Hi Bill...Hope all is well.Just wanted to say that I broke down and re-installed my 10th edition R4D/DC-3/C-47 DL. Had become frustrated waiting for an FSX version and several new goonies have hit the street. These version are excellent in their own various ways but...IMHO the MAAM FS9 version, even as a port-over, remains the best all around R4D/DC-3/C-47 for me. Guess that is a testimonial to the longevity of a quality product.Hope to see an FSX version one day.RegardsRoy Marsh

I bought and installed it this morning. A beautiful airplane but I was disappointed to learn that the VC controls are not interactive. Guess that is what "port over" means. Still, as long as MAAM makes good use of my $30 I'm satisfied. My original intention was to buy the B-25 but I had it with FS2002 . Oh well, maybe "Briefing Time" another day.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Oh, alright... I couldn't resist anymore... a few days ago I bought the new R4D download for FSX! Had 30 bucks lying around that I couldn't find a useful purpose for, so I thought: "Why not MAAM"? (wide grin)!

That's my third R4D, I believe. Got one for FS2002, a new one for FS2004, and now the updated FSX version. I tend to lose my downloads and misplace my CD's you know... (bashful grin)! Anyway, it serves a good purpose - I understand that the Museum, not unlike most non-profit organizations, is kind of short of money. So Bill and colleagues: churn out the all new, improved dedicated FSX version, and again I'll be buying!By the way: Jan Visser had a very good panel for the FS2002 version of the DDZ of the Dutch Dakota Association, which I seem to remember I also used for FS2004. This is one of the things I lost over the years due to crashing hard discs and the buying of new computers - do you know, Bill, if Jan still has it available? I'd like to use it in FSX, even if I have to do a lot of adapting. Be well! Jaap Verduijn.

Hi Bill! How's the wide-screen 2D panel coming up? I made one myself of course, but I'm not exactly a professional so I'm looking forward to a better version! Be well! Jaap.

I have a problem. I had to erase my version 10 th edition from the hard drive. Now, be darned if I can get it to reinstall from the CD. It shows as installed on the Control panel, but that's it, no A/C anywhere else. What am I doing wrong. Help please. I need my Dac. CJ

Okay, I am also buying & downloading the newest version of the DC3.  Why not, I too had all the others and can't find any of my old cd's.  It's worth it!

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor