Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Making the no-3d option stick..

I'd like to have a saved configuration with no cargo pod, and no 3d knobs.Right now, I have to select these options at the beginning of each flight..Is there any way to save these settings and make them stick?This is how I currently have the panel configured..

Bert

Hey Bert,As far as I know, when I brought this to the Carenado guys, they said that it is not possible :(

Hey Bert,As far as I know, when I brought this to the Carenado guys, they said that it is not possible :(
Yes it is not posible with the current gauge, but I am sure with a little bit of effort it can be changed by adding an INI file where the settings can saved.

Yes it is not posible with the current gauge, but I am sure with a little bit of effort it can be changed by adding an INI file where the settings can saved.
That really got me thinking.. and I wrote a little gauge that sets the defaultsand then disables itself.. and it works.If you are into gauge mods, here is a piece of code that turns off the 3-knobs and cargo pod.PM me if you need more info..
<Gauge Name="Control_init" Version="1.0"><!-- No Cargo pod, no 3d Knobs -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:Init,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:CARGOBOOL,bool)            1 (>L:3DKNOBSBOOL,bool)               1 (>L:Init,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select>    </Element></Gauge>

Bert

I guess it can be done Bert! Maybe talk to Carenado, maybe they could use that in an update!
I assume they read this forum.. :(

Bert

Thank you bert,I was busy with the same over at flightsim.com gauges forum and the one guys basically gave almost the same reply just with an "update" statement.Was meant to do the "update" statement gauge tonight when I get home. Here at least now we have already a solution. You can maybe also post your answer here at flighsim.com on this topic as I am sure there are a huge number of people who would be interested in this.http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?220542-Change-value-of-parameter-to-be-ALWAYS-0&p=1512712#post1512712

bertthe other question other users will want to know is where in the panel.cfg did you add the gauge.I would have added it last on the last VC section at 0,0, so when the plane load it load this gauge last. (dont know if I am right about sequence of gauge loads but I figure that when listed last in panel.cfg, it will load last. - Please correct me if I am wrong)regardsJB

bertthe other question other users will want to know is where in the panel.cfg did you add the gauge.I would have added it last on the last VC section at 0,0, so when the plane load it load this gauge last. (dont know if I am right about sequence of gauge loads but I figure that when listed last in panel.cfg, it will load last. - Please correct me if I am wrong)regardsJB
I believe you can put it anywhere, but mine is at the end of the Vcockpit01 section:Copy the code in my post into Notepad and save the file as "Control_init.xml"Add a subfolder to the Gauges folder in FSX and call it, say "MyGauges".Put the xml file into that folder.Add this line to the Vcockpit01 Window for the Caravan:gauge10=MyGauges!Control_init, 0,0,1,1Let me know how it goes!

Bert

Work like a charm..! Thanks again.I just did create a little cab file for my gauge, but the normal folder also work perfectly for those that do not know how to create a cab file.Absolute brilliant.!! man it was irritating to go select these things every time..!JBEdit I also rather created 3 seperate gauges for myself: one each forknobswindowtintcargopodwith 3 entries in my panel.cfg. This way I can just put a // in front of the gauge entry if I dont want that option anymore.In the gauge files I also have just used different init names to ensure one gauge do not update anotherWorks like a charm..!!

Hey Bert,Great files! I was wondering, is there a way to do it for the seat options? Maybe like JB did, you could do one gauge for each item?Thanks,K r e g

Hey Bert,Great files! I was wondering, is there a way to do it for the seat options? Maybe like JB did, you could do one gauge for each item?Thanks,K r e g
You do not really need multiple gauges... just add a line for each optionand choose 0 or 1 as the initial value. 1 (>L:Conf1asientos,bool) 1 (>L:Conf2asientos,bool) As best I can tell, you have to select either 0 for both, or 1 for both. (have not tested this..)

Bert

Here is my 4 gaugesSTEP1) Create the gauges------------------------Select first seat option:Gauge name: Control_init_S.xml

<Gauge Name="Control_init_S" Version="1.0"><!-- Seats Single,  -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikS1,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:Conf1asientos,bool)            1 (>L:InitblikS1,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select> </Element><Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikS2,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:Conf2asientos,bool)            1 (>L:InitblikS2,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select> </Element></Gauge></Gauge>

Note: this is working for me, Not the prettiest code and there might be better way to write the syntax and bert will be able to maybe give better code, but it do work perfect for me.---------------Select knobs removed:Gauge name: Control_init_K.xml

<Gauge Name="Control_init_k" Version="1.0"><!-- No 3D knobs -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikK,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:3DKNOBSBOOL,bool)            1 (>L:InitblikK,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select>    </Element></Gauge>

---------------Select Window tint removed:Gauge name: Control_init_W.xml

<Gauge Name="Control_init_W" Version="1.0"><!-- no Windowtint -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikW,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:WINDOWSTINTBOOL,bool)               1 (>L:InitblikW,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select>    </Element></Gauge>

---------------Select Cargopod removed:Gauge name: Control_init_C.xml

<Gauge Name="Control_init_C" Version="1.0"><!-- No Cargo pod,  -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikC,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:CARGOBOOL,bool)            1 (>L:InitblikC,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select>    </Element></Gauge>

------------------------STEP2) Add gauges to folder---------------------------All 4 gauges were added to a folder called GCCBb that is inside the panel folder of the caravan. (you can also create a cab file if you know how)STEP3) Panel.cfg adjustement.----------------------------Under section [Vcockpit01] add the following lines below gauge09gauge10=GCCBb!Control_init_C, 0,0,1,1gauge11=GCCBb!Control_init_K, 0,0,1,1gauge12=GCCBb!Control_init_W, 0,0,1,1gauge13=GCCBb!Control_init_S, 0,0,1,1Now all the default selections will be oposite the normal.If you dont want the knobs removed and the double seat as it was, just add // in front of gauge11 and gauge13.like this:gauge10=GCCBb!Control_init_C, 0,0,1,1//gauge11=GCCBb!Control_init_K, 0,0,1,1gauge12=GCCBb!Control_init_W, 0,0,1,1//gauge13=GCCBb!Control_init_S, 0,0,1,1The effect is that only teh cargopod and window tint gauge will be active and will make the selections opposite to what it was standard.

If you want to simplify the syntax..

<Gauge Name="Control_init_S" Version="1.0"><!-- Seats Single  -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikS1,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:Conf1asientos,bool)            1 (>L:Conf2asientos,bool)            1 (>L:InitblikS1,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select> </Element></Gauge>

Bert

If you want to simplify the syntax..
<Gauge Name="Control_init_S" Version="1.0"><!-- Seats Single  -->   <Element>      <Select>       <Value>           (L:InitblikS1,bool) 1 != if{             1 (>L:Conf1asientos,bool)            1 (>L:Conf2asientos,bool)            1 (>L:InitblikS1,bool)                             }            </Value>           </Select> </Element></Gauge>

Thanks Bert for proper code. Much appreciated.!