AVSIM Publications - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
|DID YOU KNOW?|
File Library Updates!
The AVSIM File Library System will send you an email everyday at midnight EDT (0500 UTC) providing you a list of files, and direct links to those files, uploaded over the previous 24 hours by community contributors. Never miss a day of AVSIM Library uploads again! Sign up is easy and free. You can subscribe to the email list here.
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- (UK) Take On Helicopters - bundle edition 90% off!
- Don't miss MMMX!
- Taxi2Gate Mexico City 40% off
- Drzewiecki Design 30% off
- Aerosoft Presidents Day Sale
- Save money by pre-ordering Canberra PR9
- Milviz 350i on Presale Discount
- Aerosoft 737 Cockpit Builder Suite Source Code
- Kingston 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive $129.00 for 24 hours
- VRinsight MCP Combo II
- Flight Assignment: A.T.P.
- BUTTKICKER Gamer II
- Anyone have a used TrackIR they want to part with?
- Wanted - Trim wheel
- Sim rig pc parts
- Used EVGA GTX480
- Wanted : standing column yoke
- Ifly 737NGX Cockpit Builders Edition
- PFC Cirrus Flight Console (Serial Port) + PFC Pedals - $600 + Shipping
5 replies to this topic
Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:36 PM
When on the ramp, setting still, the 'Y' key to slew causes the aircraft to move forward very fast and you have to hold the brake to get it to stop. What is the cause and how can it be fixed. I just installed the 'all707' file and it is just about impossible to slew while on the ramp. Thanks.
Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:50 PM
Your joystick not centered properly?Before hitting the "Y" key, hit the "P" key. Then grab the joystick, hit "Y", then "P". You should be able to control from there.If it's a pure speed of the slewing that's causing the problems, then it is possible to edit one of the files to slow things down to a more manageable level.
Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:26 PM
Ok, here is what is happening. When I press the 'Y' key to slew, it works fine. I can move forward , backwards etc. But when I hit the 'Y' key again to get out of the slew mode, the aircrat zooms across the ramp and is uncontrolable until I again strike the 'Y' key. Strange. This is only happening with this aircraft. All others work fine. Thanks.
Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:20 AM
The slew mode has separate axis assignments from "flight" mode, and FSX tries to assign slew actions for every controller you connect to PC. While this default assignments usually work ok for basic joysticks, they are totally wrong for rudder or separate throttles.You have to check axis assignments for the slew mode in FSX menus, and remove unwanted entries.