Sign in to follow this  
mrcaveman

Slew key

When on the ramp, setting still, the 'Y' key to slew causes the aircraft to move forward very fast and you have to hold the brake to get it to stop. What is the cause and how can it be fixed. I just installed the 'all707' file and it is just about impossible to slew while on the ramp. Thanks.

Your joystick not centered properly?Before hitting the "Y" key, hit the "P" key. Then grab the joystick, hit "Y", then "P". You should be able to control from there.If it's a pure speed of the slewing that's causing the problems, then it is possible to edit one of the files to slow things down to a more manageable level.

And slewing can't be stopped with the brakes, that's be design. The other thing is the slew speed depending on the joystick input and the tip from meshman is a very good one here.Be gentle on the stick then, just like flying the thing. :(

Ok, here is what is happening. When I press the 'Y' key to slew, it works fine. I can move forward , backwards etc. But when I hit the 'Y' key again to get out of the slew mode, the aircrat zooms across the ramp and is uncontrolable until I again strike the 'Y' key. Strange. This is only happening with this aircraft. All others work fine. Thanks.

Try hitting F1 before exiting the slew mode. Seems like it's some feet over the ground and therefor enters flight mode.

The slew mode has separate axis assignments from "flight" mode, and FSX tries to assign slew actions for every controller you connect to PC. While this default assignments usually work ok for basic joysticks, they are totally wrong for rudder or separate throttles.You have to check axis assignments for the slew mode in FSX menus, and remove unwanted entries.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations