•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Slew key

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrcaveman

mrcaveman

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 11 Years and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

When on the ramp, setting still, the 'Y' key to slew causes the aircraft to move forward very fast and you have to hold the brake to get it to stop. What is the cause and how can it be fixed. I just installed the 'all707' file and it is just about impossible to slew while on the ramp. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 meshman

meshman

100% all natural

• Members
  • 1,830 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 2 Months

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Your joystick not centered properly?Before hitting the "Y" key, hit the "P" key. Then grab the joystick, hit "Y", then "P". You should be able to control from there.If it's a pure speed of the slewing that's causing the problems, then it is possible to edit one of the files to slow things down to a more manageable level.

#3 CoolP

CoolP

close to sane

• Members
  • 6,126 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

And slewing can't be stopped with the brakes, that's be design. The other thing is the slew speed depending on the joystick input and the tip from meshman is a very good one here.Be gentle on the stick then, just like flying the thing. :(

#4 mrcaveman

mrcaveman

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 11 Years and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Ok, here is what is happening. When I press the 'Y' key to slew, it works fine. I can move forward , backwards etc. But when I hit the 'Y' key again to get out of the slew mode, the aircrat zooms across the ramp and is uncontrolable until I again strike the 'Y' key. Strange. This is only happening with this aircraft. All others work fine. Thanks.

#5 CoolP

CoolP

close to sane

• Members
  • 6,126 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Try hitting F1 before exiting the slew mode. Seems like it's some feet over the ground and therefor enters flight mode.

#6 some1

some1

• Commercial Member
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 7 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

The slew mode has separate axis assignments from "flight" mode, and FSX tries to assign slew actions for every controller you connect to PC. While this default assignments usually work ok for basic joysticks, they are totally wrong for rudder or separate throttles.You have to check axis assignments for the slew mode in FSX menus, and remove unwanted entries.