Sign in to follow this  
pellebus

DC-8 for FSX!

No, but report back if you find one. The HJG stuff is great visually - oh how I wish they would do a VC. The have been one of my favoite sites since day one with FS. Since I moved to FSX (and move to 100% VC), I have not been there much.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest 413X3

I remember Lou from Flight1 talking about this when FSX was first released... oh how I dreamt of that :(If you can find replacement gauges I assume you can fly the Aerosim DC-8 in FSX even though it's made for FS9

I remember Lou from Flight1 talking about this when FSX was first released... oh how I dreamt of that :(If you can find replacement gauges I assume you can fly the Aerosim DC-8 in FSX even though it's made for FS9
Paul (from Dreamfleet) would be the one you are looking for. Lou was more the GA guy, Paul the big iron guy! The DC8 they had working was looking great! I wish it was still in the works :(

Aerosim has done a DC-8 for FS2004, but due to its simple system simulation it will also work in FSX. Don't expect great graphics, though...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I wish it was still in the works :(
It's not? I thought they were still working on it, albeit slowly...I haven't looked in months though, so me being out of date is very likely. ;)

It's not? I thought they were still working on it, albeit slowly...I haven't looked in months though, so me being out of date is very likely. ;)
I believe the project that Paul was working on, involved a model by Eric Cantu but unfortunately it was never finished? man I really hope someone releases a nice DC8 with a beautiful vc that would be so great! maybe captainsim or even skysimulations. hopefully Paul will be able to finish that project.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Have you checked out the DC-8 - adapted for FSX - here?http://www.simviatio...m/fsxjets12.htm
Thanks for that link David.I could not care less about a lack of VC----I hate them anyway.Been looking for a decent DC-8 for FSX since the excellent Aerosim version for FS9.

I guess you'll have to wait for Dreamfleet then. For the moment, there are several tutorials on the web regarding portovers for the Aerosim DC-8, although you're on your own then because Aerosim refuses support for these portovers. Please note that George Carty has several gauges from his HJG DC-8 panel that is usable in FSX. You can also try and use the AC Delco INS from Julian Avensis.Dave.

I guess you'll have to wait for Dreamfleet then. For the moment, there are several tutorials on the web regarding portovers for the Aerosim DC-8, although you're on your own then because Aerosim refuses support for these portovers. Please note that George Carty has several gauges from his HJG DC-8 panel that is usable in FSX. You can also try and use the AC Delco INS from Julian Avensis.Dave.
You say "refuses" as if it's weird and completely incomprehensible why they wouldn't support such a port-over. Please explain to me why you think they should support these port-overs? They are not official Aerosim-made port-overs, they have nothing to do with them in any way whatsoever, why would they therefore support them? There is absolutely no reason for them to do so.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest 413X3

My question is, if it's so easy to port it over, why doesn't Aerosim just release an update for us? I'd even pay for a new package for FSX of their L1011 and DC-8

My question is, if it's so easy to port it over, why doesn't Aerosim just release an update for us? I'd even pay for a new package for FSX of their L1011 and DC-8
I guess for the same reason that they will not fix up the DC-8 VC (there is quite a large hole in it in a spot that is absolutely hard to miss): they have started focusing on FSX and can't spare any hands on older products without getting money for it. To be honest, as a FSX aircraft, their current DC-8 is wholly insufficient and I can't see people buying it for a price higher than $10. If they were to put extra time in it, they will ahve to update it fully and make it a brand new product. Sadly, it seems that they have been focusing lately on aircraft such the Boeing 747 and 767 and various sceneries of Japanese airports. I'd really welcome updated L-1011, DC-8 and Boeing 737-200 models and I can only hope they'll end up making new versions of them, be that FSX or FSX/FS9.

Benjamin van Soldt

I guess you'll have to wait for Dreamfleet then.
Does not look like it will be released - no updates, previews. No news at all.