•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

DC-8 for FSX!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 pellebus

pellebus

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 4 Months and 20 Days Ago.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

Anyone know where I can find a nice DC-8 with working VC for FSX?RegardsPer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 duckbilled

duckbilled

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,869 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 2 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

No, but report back if you find one. The HJG stuff is great visually - oh how I wish they would do a VC. The have been one of my favoite sites since day one with FS. Since I moved to FSX (and move to 100% VC), I have not been there much.
Jeff

Save a Life: adopt a retired racing greyhound

Posted Image

#3 Inactive Member_413X3_***

Inactive Member_413X3_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 8 Months and 1 Day

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

I remember Lou from Flight1 talking about this when FSX was first released... oh how I dreamt of that :(If you can find replacement gauges I assume you can fly the Aerosim DC-8 in FSX even though it's made for FS9

#4 FlyinIron406

FlyinIron406

FlyinIron406

• Members
  • 4,572 posts
  • Joined 11 Years and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

I remember Lou from Flight1 talking about this when FSX was first released... oh how I dreamt of that :(If you can find replacement gauges I assume you can fly the Aerosim DC-8 in FSX even though it's made for FS9

Paul (from Dreamfleet) would be the one you are looking for. Lou was more the GA guy, Paul the big iron guy! The DC8 they had working was looking great! I wish it was still in the works :(
Image Coming...
KregEarhart | CRJ FO

#5 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 6 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

Aerosim has done a DC-8 for FS2004, but due to its simple system simulation it will also work in FSX. Don't expect great graphics, though...

Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Disclaimer: all views expressed in this post are my views only, and not Avsim's views as an organization, nor of its staff or otherwise affiliated personnel.

#6 protzler

protzler

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

I wish it was still in the works http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot...

It's not? I thought they were still working on it, albeit slowly...I haven't looked in months though, so me being out of date is very likely. ;)

#7 Silverbird

Silverbird

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

It's not? I thought they were still working on it, albeit slowly...I haven't looked in months though, so me being out of date is very likely. ;)

I believe the project that Paul was working on, involved a model by Eric Cantu but unfortunately it was never finished? man I really hope someone releases a nice DC8 with a beautiful vc that would be so great! maybe captainsim or even skysimulations. hopefully Paul will be able to finish that project.
Posted Image

Cesar Martinez

#8 Opa

Opa

FS Addict - No hope for recovery!

• DECEASED
  • 4,420 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

Have you checked out the DC-8 - adapted for FSX - here?http://www.simviatio...m/fsxjets12.htm
David "Opa" Marshall

#9 Inactive Member_413X3_***

• Guests

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

Have you checked out the DC-8 - adapted for FSX - here?http://www.simviatio...m/fsxjets12.htm

Doesn't have a VC

#10 vc10man

vc10man

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,036 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for that link David.I could not care less about a lack of VC----I hate them anyway.Been looking for a decent DC-8 for FSX since the excellent Aerosim version for FS9.
Rick Almeida

#11 7107delicious

7107delicious

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 6 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

I guess you'll have to wait for Dreamfleet then. For the moment, there are several tutorials on the web regarding portovers for the Aerosim DC-8, although you're on your own then because Aerosim refuses support for these portovers. Please note that George Carty has several gauges from his HJG DC-8 panel that is usable in FSX. You can also try and use the AC Delco INS from Julian Avensis.Dave.
"It goes without saying that when survival is threatened, struggles erupt between peoples, and unfortunate wars between nations result." -HIDEKI TOJO

#12 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

I guess you'll have to wait for Dreamfleet then. For the moment, there are several tutorials on the web regarding portovers for the Aerosim DC-8, although you're on your own then because Aerosim refuses support for these portovers. Please note that George Carty has several gauges from his HJG DC-8 panel that is usable in FSX. You can also try and use the AC Delco INS from Julian Avensis.Dave.

You say "refuses" as if it's weird and completely incomprehensible why they wouldn't support such a port-over. Please explain to me why you think they should support these port-overs? They are not official Aerosim-made port-overs, they have nothing to do with them in any way whatsoever, why would they therefore support them? There is absolutely no reason for them to do so.

Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Disclaimer: all views expressed in this post are my views only, and not Avsim's views as an organization, nor of its staff or otherwise affiliated personnel.

#13 Inactive Member_413X3_***

• Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

My question is, if it's so easy to port it over, why doesn't Aerosim just release an update for us? I'd even pay for a new package for FSX of their L1011 and DC-8

#14 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

My question is, if it's so easy to port it over, why doesn't Aerosim just release an update for us? I'd even pay for a new package for FSX of their L1011 and DC-8

I guess for the same reason that they will not fix up the DC-8 VC (there is quite a large hole in it in a spot that is absolutely hard to miss): they have started focusing on FSX and can't spare any hands on older products without getting money for it. To be honest, as a FSX aircraft, their current DC-8 is wholly insufficient and I can't see people buying it for a price higher than $10. If they were to put extra time in it, they will ahve to update it fully and make it a brand new product. Sadly, it seems that they have been focusing lately on aircraft such the Boeing 747 and 767 and various sceneries of Japanese airports. I'd really welcome updated L-1011, DC-8 and Boeing 737-200 models and I can only hope they'll end up making new versions of them, be that FSX or FSX/FS9.

Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

#15 StamPilot

StamPilot

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 6 Months

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

I guess you'll have to wait for Dreamfleet then.

Does not look like it will be released - no updates, previews. No news at all.

Regards,
Stan

l011_3.jpg