Sign in to follow this  
Cub51

Long Beach Airport

So is it safe to assume that you don't know what mipmapping is? The reason I ask is you seem completely unaware of the problem, yet every airport of yours that I have tried suffers from it.
You sir, seem to be "unaware" that you are addressing a freeware developer who makes his work available to the rest of the community generously. How about showing a little respect? (Not to mention gratitude!)

There is one maroon texture that came through for which I will put up a small fix when I have collected any other observations which users might have (I would attach it but the forum software does not allow it). What else are you seeing? Those may be Rwy12 program textures. Those are available on AVSIM.ShezWow! Nice comments. Thanks for downloading the scenery....See reply above. The aircraft at the MD/Boeing ramp was some sort of test aircraft when the original assembly line was there. That silver color is the way it approximately looks in real life.Shez
Hi ShezI will get you some screenshots later this evening and post them. In addition to the maroon texture I am getting three triangular intersections that are a bright, light blue color - similar to the water texture for a tropical lagoon.I'm guessing from the number of posts you have made here that this is the forum you'd like us to post feedback to instead of the SunSkyJet forum?

Hi ShezHere are some screen shots of the light blue intersections. I also included one of the maroon section which I know you're already aware of but figured I'd put it in there anyway in case it's a different one to that you've already identified.

The aqua green intersections appear to be features of the real airport, judging by a (fuzzy) photo I found at AirNAv and Shez' posting on the other forum. Probably intended to alert pilots of the intersecting runway.Great airport, Shez! Definitely one that had been missing in my virtual world.

John G.

You sir, seem to be "unaware" that you are addressing a freeware developer who makes his work available to the rest of the community generously. How about showing a little respect? (Not to mention gratitude!)
When did I show disrespect? My first reply was pointing out that he neglects to add mipmaps, which is a deal breaker for most serious simmers, my second reply asking if he knows what mipmaps are came in response to him acting oblivious to such an obvious problem that has plagued every airport of his that I have tried. Being a freeware developer doesn't make you immune to people pointing out obvious problems. That would be like me releasing an airport full of pink textures and acting confused as to why someone would point it out.

When did I show disrespect? My first reply was pointing out that he neglects to add mipmaps, which is a deal breaker for most serious simmers, my second reply asking if he knows what mipmaps are came in response to him acting oblivious to such an obvious problem that has plagued every airport of his that I have tried. Being a freeware developer doesn't make you immune to people pointing out obvious problems. That would be like me releasing an airport full of pink textures and acting confused as to why someone would point it out.
Vod, its the way your saying it maybe if you said something Hi Shez I noticed that your scenery doesn't have mipmaps is there any chance you could add them? if possible? or something along those lines. the way you said it, sounds like your demanding and criticizing it. and there are 2 people telling you already now, kiwiflyer45 and myself.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The aqua green intersections appear to be features of the real airport, judging by a (fuzzy) photo I found at AirNAv and Shez' posting on the other forum. Probably intended to alert pilots of the intersecting runway.Great airport, Shez! Definitely one that had been missing in my virtual world.
Interesting! Definitely is an attention getter! It got mine... :( BTW Shez, I had already given my thanks on the other forum but will repeat it here - you have given us another wonderful scenery to go along with so many others that have provided hours of fun over the last several years...I truly can't think of another freeware developer who has provided so many high quality add-ons, along with the support I know you have given to other FS projects.Thanks Mate!
Vod, its the way your saying it maybe if you said something Hi Shez I noticed that your scenery doesn't have mipmaps is there any chance you could add them? if possible? or something along those lines. the way you said it, sounds like your demanding and criticizing it. and there are 2 people telling you already now, kiwiflyer45 and myself.
Well put Silverbird. As you say, there's nothing wrong with making suggestions but it's not just a matter of what you say but how you say it.

I'm not sure what this 'VOD' guy is talking about, but my KLGB has mips and looks great! No shimmers or jaggies or fractals or anything. 'VOD' must have a problem with HIS setup somewhere. Definitely NOT something a 'SERIOUS' simmer would mistakenly blame on a freeware developer that has given much time and effort to a freeware product that was free. Yeah. Free. And very, very good freeware. Thank you, Shez. It is much appreciated. FWIW, not a single other scenery you have ever made has been missing the mips. Oh...that might just be that I have my setup proper and correct. Since, after all, I am a serious simmer. LOL. Sometimes this FS stuff makes me laugh.

Thanks for your reply Shez about the placement of the effects.cfg file. It looks like this will be an excellent scenery after a few bugs are worked out. I experienced another one. I set up my flight at Parking 47 Ramp GA. I then started pushback and after a few feet the aircraft "jumped" into the air and now is floating very high over the taxiway. Please see my screen shot. I don't know of any other problems yet nor have I seen some of those posted here. But as of this moment I'm floating way above the ground. The first one shows the plane on the tarmac and the other two shows what happens on pushback.Thanks for any help.Jikm D.

Regarding the color textures at various spots near the runways and taxiways, the screen shot is from GOOGLE Earth and it does confirm that these are correct in Shez's scenery. Now pleas hel fix the floating aircraft I wrote about in the previous message.JimD.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. These sceneries are a labor of love and it is nice to receive appreciation but also good to get into constructive discussions with users about errors. As with most scenery releases the magnitude of things that can go wrong is high. There are many aspects to scenery design and even with much beta testing things will still slip through. This scenery was tested by I think twenty Beta Testers and as you can see there are still things that can slip through Black%20Eye.gif:( . Of course that maroon texture issue was my fault....Rolling%20Eyes.gif )As pointed out the green areas are there in real life.I need to find out from Wil Morgan about the hill.There is apparently a GPS approach error as well for the Garmin GPS.Some users are not seeing the tree textures. Need to figure out why.Should have put in a note about the need to install Rwy12 textures.Will see what is causing the bouncing.These errors being picked up I will compile into one SP1 and that should do it.I worked on some excludes for the FSX version and am seeing three problems in the FSX version 1) taxiway centerline lights misalignment 2) all the alpha channels for transparencies not working. Should be easy to fix 3) default buildings showing through (already fixed on my comp).Can users let me know if this scenery is working in FSX other than the three observations above. What other issues are there? Thanks.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Maybe you are unaware of the way you sound to others but let's ignore that...and as I stated above I am very interested in getting feedback from users as long as it is constructive.If I am a developer then I am aware of most of the techincal details about graphics and the tools available. If you think I am unaware of mipmaps then you are being very naive. As someone has pointed out the ground textures have mipmaps so you should not be seeing problems. I think my KHOU scenery (and maybe others) did not have mipmaps for the ground textures for which I sincerely apologise to serious simmers everywhere. BTW if serious simmers were so bothered then they can go get a tool called convimX from Martin Wright's website and add the mips themselves. The reason I don't include them sometimes is that it adds to the size of the downloads ( I know it is not a very good "excuse").Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Maybe you are unaware of the way you sound to others but let's ignore that...and as I stated above I am very interested in getting feedback from users as long as it is constructive.If I am a developer then I am aware of most of the techincal details about graphics and the tools available. If you think I am unaware of mipmaps then you are being very naive. As someone has pointed out the ground textures have mipmaps so you should not be seeing problems. I think my KHOU scenery (and maybe others) did not have mipmaps for the ground textures for which I sincerely apologise to serious simmers everywhere. BTW if serious simmers were so bothered then they can go get a tool called convimX from Martin Wright's website and add the mips themselves. The reason I don't include them sometimes is that it adds to the size of the downloads ( I know it is not a very good "excuse").Shez
Just as a side note from a 'serious simmer' (FS4 on up...) - I do believe I have every scenery you've ever done. They've given me hours of enjoyment and I really appreciate your continuing efforts in a hobby that seems to have become increasingly ill-mannered.Regards and Thanks,DJ

Shez,I too would like to say thanks for all the time and effort you put forth to produce these FS9 offerings. Please keep up the great work!!

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Regarding the color textures at various spots near the runways and taxiways, the screen shot is from GOOGLE Earth and it does confirm that these are correct in Shez's scenery. Now pleas hel fix the floating aircraft I wrote about in the previous message.JimD.
Thanks for the screen shot. Yes, I got this info from somewhere else as well so the issue of the blue intersections is now a "non-issue." :( Not the first time I've been wrong about something and I'm sure it won't be the last!! :( I'm really enjoying this new scenery - along with all the other awesome sceneries that have been released lately it's a struggle to know where to fly from next! And it definitely proves there's still life in FS9!
Another note from a "serious simmer" from FS98 on up as well as a retired commercial pilot. I also have all your sceneries Shez and have always thought they were excellent and have never had an issue with any of them that you didn't quickly fix. I recently had to do a reinstall of FS9 and when reinstalling my scenery add-ons made a conscious effort to leave out those that I never used anymore or thought were sub-par. Several of them were payware. I reinstalled every one of yours!Thaks for all you have doneIan