•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Help needed with dll.xml

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sspogman63

sspogman63

• Inactive Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 4 Years and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Opa

Opa

FS Addict - No hope for recovery!

• DECEASED
  • 4,420 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman

For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...tallation_(FSX)Hope that helps.
David "Opa" Marshall

#3 sspogman63

sspogman63

• Topic Starter
  • Inactive Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 4 Years and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.

Thanks Opa, Simple answer after all, I had downloaded the SDK packs separately at some earlier time before trying all this - never occurred to me to check the Acceleration disc extra folders. (or that there would be a difference anyway)But now I'm all set up.Many Thanks, SspogmanPosted Image