What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
Help needed with dll.xml
Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:40 AM
Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:44 AM
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...tallation_(FSX)Hope that helps.
Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman
Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:19 AM
Thanks Opa, Simple answer after all, I had downloaded the SDK packs separately at some earlier time before trying all this - never occurred to me to check the Acceleration disc extra folders. (or that there would be a difference anyway)But now I'm all set up.Many Thanks, Sspogman
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.