What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- Aerosoft Download Products on Sale
- MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 50% off at PCAviator.com.au
- REX4 TD (and others) now on sale 25% Off!
- FSPS - FLIGHT SIMULATOR MANAGER (FREE)
- Duxford and Air Museum for free
- Aerosoft Mega Airports 25% off until 6th April
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
- Selling Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar
- Markings Template for Saitek Throttle Quadrant (Airbus-Boeing All in One)
- QUADRANT BOX for Saitek Throttle Quadrant
- MCP Ultra (Boeing 737NGX Type)
. . .
Help needed with dll.xml
Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:40 AM
Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:44 AM
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...tallation_(FSX)Hope that helps.
Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman
Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:19 AM
Thanks Opa, Simple answer after all, I had downloaded the SDK packs separately at some earlier time before trying all this - never occurred to me to check the Acceleration disc extra folders. (or that there would be a difference anyway)But now I'm all set up.Many Thanks, Sspogman
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.