What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Flight1 C510 Mustang Discount
- X-Plane Flyjsim 727 Complete $29.95
- 30% off FlightBeam airports
- PC Aviator AU 3-Day Sale - Over 600 Items Up to 60% OFF
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- X-Plane 4th July Sale!
- ImagineSim Airports 25% off at FlightSim Store
- PC Aviator 4th July Sale
- FlySimware MU-2 50% off
- REX 50% off Sale
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- Looking for a CH Products yoke for parts
- For sale yoke and throttle. Real from a jet!
- Cool items for sale: panels, throttle, yoke
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Brand new Corsair water cooler for sale
- i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- CPFlight 737 MCP EL & 737 EFIS PRO
- New Opencockpits 737 V3 FMC $400.
- Nvidia GTX 980 FTW ACX 2.0
. . .
Help needed with dll.xml
Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:40 AM
Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:44 AM
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...tallation_(FSX)Hope that helps.
Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman
Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:19 AM
Thanks Opa, Simple answer after all, I had downloaded the SDK packs separately at some earlier time before trying all this - never occurred to me to check the Acceleration disc extra folders. (or that there would be a difference anyway)But now I'm all set up.Many Thanks, Sspogman
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.