There have been 466 of your fellow community members and guests in the forums and elsewhere on AVSIM within the last 15 minutes!
AVSIM Social Groups - NEW!
AVSIM Team Speak System - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Easter sale at PC Aviator
- Q400 for 47.99 at JustFlight
- Just Flight DC-6B Easter bargain
- EASTER WEEKEND SALE AT MV!
- 48 hour deal at Just Flight - Three great add-ons £5/€6/$8 each
- 50% OFF ALL MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 PhotoReal Scenery Titles
- 25% off Taxi2Gate Mexican Airports Till Apr 30
- Like FSDT on Facebook and get a discount next Monday!
- 33% OFF Bill Stack's "Simming on Autopilot" Tutorial
- Easter Sale - 40% OFF PerfectFlight Downloads
- For Sale: TrackIR 5 by NaturalPoint
- Wanted Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Flight Stick
- Old Sublogic Flight Sim Charts
- Mcp And Efis For Sale. Usb Plug And Play
- Mcp And Efis For Sale. Usb Plug And Play. Metal
- A good, cheap, VHF Receiver?
- Wanted to BUY or SELL: Used Titan GTX
- Top Quality PC Components For Sale
- Various Add On's for Sale...
- CP Flight RS 232 Items for Sale
. . .
Help needed with dll.xml
Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:40 AM
Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:44 AM
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...tallation_(FSX)Hope that helps.
Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman
Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:19 AM
Thanks Opa, Simple answer after all, I had downloaded the SDK packs separately at some earlier time before trying all this - never occurred to me to check the Acceleration disc extra folders. (or that there would be a difference anyway)But now I'm all set up.Many Thanks, Sspogman
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.