Sign in to follow this  
Guest sspogman63

Help needed with dll.xml

Guest sspogman63

Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman

Hello folks, I know from past forums you're all a helpful lot out there, please aid a newbie.I am running FSX on Windows 7 and I am having trouble with the file path for DLL.XML.The folder Ipresume it goes into will be the one holding the FSX config file etc., in my case C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXand the object placement kit is in C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\I am not sure how these tally with the default path of "..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" as shown in the xml file.I've tried various modifications - adding ..\ etc to the path and writing the whole path from C:\ but so far there is no "tools" option in FSX when I run it.Foot note I do have .NET 4.0 installed do I need .NET2.0 (and is it compatible with Win7)?Any help would be enormously appreciated, I have read the various help pages with the package, but they don't refer directly to Win7Regards, sspogman
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.

Guest sspogman63
For starters I would be absolutely sure you have the correct SDK's for the FSX setup you have. The follow thread - with an excellent "chart" will be very helpful:http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%29Hope that helps.
Thanks Opa, Simple answer after all, I had downloaded the SDK packs separately at some earlier time before trying all this - never occurred to me to check the Acceleration disc extra folders. (or that there would be a difference anyway)But now I'm all set up.Many Thanks, SspogmanBatting%20Eyelashes.gif