Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Game Booster V2

Hi Everyone,I'm adding this in a separate topic so it does not get lost in the FSX Boost topic. When I first learned about FSX Boost, I thought it was just another program that downgrades FSX's settings in order to increase performance. I tried the program, it did nothing on my system. What FSX Boost does is a mystery other than make changes to your FSX.CFG file.I do not have a problem with anyone trying to make a buck when they have invested their time, effort and capital in developing a program. I tried FSX Boost, it did nothing on my system so I moved on. All of a sudden I'm seeing individuals that just joined AVSIM and other flightsim forums and/or have few posts praising how great FSX Boost is, I started to get worried that many individuals that don't have the ability/knowledge to tweak their systems may be lured in by these posts.Let me be CLEAR, I am not saying these people with few posts are in any way, shape or form being dishonest, untruthful and/or have a vested interest in this product. It just makes me wonder, is it a coincidence?. Personally I don't think so.===============To the topic at hand===============For those of you that want to try and auto-tweak your system there is a program called Game Booster V2 and it's FREEWARE. Here is a C/P showing some of the features of this program."Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts.It works by updating hardware drivers, downloading essential gaming tools, tweaking system settings for gaming, defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance."If you really want to try an auto-tweaker, you may want to look into this freeware program first and see what it can do for you.Here is the link: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster2beta.html

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,I use Game Booster for one reason, it turns on/off system services on the fly, it also allows me to edit that service list. Everyone needs to keep in mind that Game Booster will "NOT" edit your FSX.CFG file.I notice smoother performance from FSX with Game Booster enabled, I believe this smoother performance is due to the turning off of system services. I also run a tweaked fsx.cfg file that I tweaked myself.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest simmer9304

Yeah the main thing Game Booster seems to do is clear up ~200mb of memory or so and if you look at the list of things being shut down it looks like Windows Indexing Service gets totally killed. It's great because it saves the time of remembering what has to be shut down and taking the time to do that and even if you forget to turn it off it doesn't make too much difference.I didn't see v2 was out yet but I'll pick that up soon!Oh and also Advanced System Care 3 also by Iobit is another great tool. It has a few scans that cleans things up really quickly.

I've been using the previous version, been satisfied with it. The performance gained isn't significant, but I do notice a slight difference.Thanks for the update on version 2 being available.

I'm not new to FS or this forum, just back after a 4 year break and really enjoying FSX and all the little nigglesbiggrin.gifBut what I would like to say is thanks Mike for a great post, it's posts like these that make coming here worth while.Thanks again Sawyer

Great posting, Mike. As I often ran into some too harsh words, you definitely have more talent on explaining the eyebrow raising facts in some forums.A free utility for everyone to try and maybe to donate to later is a whole different story than some expensive one time trial software. Those free software devs deserve some more attention. So thumbsup on this thread too.

I've been using Game Booster without any problems for a few weeks now after reading about it in last months PC Gamer magazine.On my home PC which is already well optimised thanks to Nick Needham's tuning guides it's only made a small improvment to the performance of FSX and other games. However, on my badly optimised PC at work it managed to free up almost half a gigs worth of services and makes a big difference to the frame rate in games.

hi,I've been using game boster for a long time. Don't expect miracles, but I think that it improves the game fluidity. In theory it should help performance. It is worth using it. It has no adverse effect.I don't have version 2 yet. has anyone used it? is it better than the current version?Thanks

I also use Game Booster. I don't know whether it actually improves anything but I am sure it doesn't hurt, it's free so why not. I already run a pretty clean system so there it really doesn't have that much to do.I used to use a clean boot process for XP when I was running FS9. Here is the W7 process from MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796. I have considered using it again with W7 but I haven't tried it yet.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi,It's still there, just click on the link in the first post.

But it is delete already rite:-s I don't see it now:-s

Hi,It's still there, just click on the link in the first post.
LOL, he's a spammer Mike. 10 different posts to 10 different threads saying the same thing. He's trying to sell Louis Vuitton hand bags from what I can tell.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator