•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

while I'm at it.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vgbaron

vgbaron

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,817 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Another problem - Several, not all of the helicopter missions will load initially but when I click fly - the mission starts as a flight with no instructions etc. If I hit ESC, I get the usual End Flight screen as opposed to the End Mission screen. ALL the aircraft flights worek fine just a few of the helo missions.Strange - Vic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 drdavid

drdavid

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 7 Years and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

Is this a problem with your rotorcraft's cfg file? If the Mission's .FLT file specifies a Texture name that doesn't correspond exactly to that in your rotorcraft's cfg - because you've added a new paint job, or similar - then the mission engine won't work properly and reverts to 'Free Flight'.Of course, it could be something else, too!Cheers - Dai. :(

#3 vgbaron

vgbaron

Member - 2,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2,817 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

Thanx Dai - you've given me something to look for. I'm not familiar with how the mission engine works so I was at a loss as to where to look.So you're sayinhg that if the mission calls for a specific texture or somehting else that is not available, rather than generate an error, it will just load the flight file. I've seen aircraft initialization errors on some custom missions with specific aircraft but I'm assuming this is somehting different.Thanx again - I'll dig through the cfg files and see if anything has changed.Since I wasn't flying helo's much I Used a 3rd party application to remove them from the list and later restored them. Possibly somethng to do with that.Vic

#4 vgbaron

vgbaron

Member - 2,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2,817 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

update - I have a second system set up with FSX installed - tried the missions - all worked. So I copied the EH101 folder from there to the system that won't run the mission - still didn't work. So I copied the entire mission folder from the 'good' machine to the 'no' machine - mission still will not load.What would cause a mission not to load?Vic

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!