Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

How to use full reverse and set/release start locks

I came up with this solution for myself but you need the registered version of FSUIPC.I assume also that you have the throttles etc already assigned and calibrated for normal use. The following can also be used for the 'FEATHER SHUT OFF' with the prop levers. It works really well for me with both Throttles/Prop levers on my CH Throttle Quadrant. (For the props when setup just pull the prop levers into reverse and click on the 'LATCH RELEASE' button and and they slide in perfectly!- on the Joystick Calibration tab click on the 'No reverse zone' option and ensure it has a tick in it.- calibrate the 2 throttles with the levers fully forward, click on 'SET' under the Max column and then bring back to just above the idle detent and click on 'SET' under the Min columnsee 1st picYou can use the throttles just fine for full reverse and also removing/setting start latches if you setup both throttles like so : - pull the throttle lever fully back - click on the 'From' button - push lever forward as much as you want but still below the detent - click on the 'To' button - copy the 'control to be sent' section as outlinedWhen the throttle lever is within this 'From To' range the decrease throttle command is constantly sent until it can't go any further. It does not operate any differently regardless of the range that you set. Once it is within that range the above continues.ie if the range is 14000 to 16000 then when the throttle is at 14001 and left there the full reverse situation occurs irrespective of whether you pull the lever further back or not.see 2nd picThis works exactly the same as holding down F2 although a tad slower due to the timing of the repeat code within FSUIPC.Once the throttle is positioned out of this range it sends the throttle idle command to ensure the throttles are idle (same as hitting F1)

Another easy way, is to calibrate the throttles using FSUIPC with no reverse zone and then assigning a button on the throttle for F2. As soon as you click on the buttons, go to the center console view and wait until the rpm drops below 50, hit the reverse button and hold it down until about 10 and then hit the F1 button. I have been doing this since I bought it, and have never had a problem.

Both posts here are very intersting I must say. I use the Saitek throttle quardrants and have them set up to do reverse automatically when I go past the detent (reverse zone). When I then move them past the detent in the other direction they come nicely out of reverse and it's very realistic. So basically I don't want to ruin a perfect thing I have going but from memory (been awhile since I attempted a JS41 flight), there was the need to use F2 with the JS41 since my settings set them too fast and they're either full or off basically. I may have to give both of these a try when I finally get back in the cockpit again.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Another easy way, is to calibrate the throttles using FSUIPC with no reverse zone and then assigning a button on the throttle for F2. As soon as you click on the buttons, go to the center console view and wait until the rpm drops below 50, hit the reverse button and hold it down until about 10 and then hit the F1 button. I have been doing this since I bought it, and have never had a problem.
In addition, if you use FSUIPC, to the F2 button assignment - assign the F1 key to the same button but to the release event so that you don't have to hit F1.There are several ways. This is one way of using the throttle levers without having to use keyboard or buttons.So far this is the only aircraft addon that I have that doesnt appear to use the full range of my CH levers so this is the workaround that I use.

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, but someone asked how I did what I mentioned above and rather post it here in case others are wondering. I have posted this several times before but can't find the posts,,,Saitek Throttle Quadrant:I have never been able to successfully get FSUIPC to handle the reverse thrusters accurately the way I now have them. I think it's because the Saitek throttle quadrant's reverse detent acts as a button and not an axis. So it's more of a toggle on/off with no range control. Because of this I make my changes directly in the Standard.xml in the C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls folder. This is where FSX stores the setting in the controls options but also allows for much better tweaking that you will not be able to do in the GUI. You would scroll down and find your controllers SimControls.Map. What I like to do first so I know exactly what what FSX is seeing the particular button as, is go into the GUI and set them to anything so I can use the find option once in the standard.xml. Once you find it, you'll now be able to set it under the correct index value that FSX uses. Here is the actual edit:

<SimControls.Map>        <Name>Saitek Pro Flight Yoke{E3A48920-D612-11DE-8001-444553540000}</Name>        <Entry>            <Index>20</Index>            <Down>THROTTLE1_DECR</Down>            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>            <Up>THROTTLE1_CUT</Up>        </Entry>        <Entry>            <Index>21</Index>            <Down>THROTTLE2_DECR</Down>            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>            <Up>THROTTLE2_CUT</Up>        </Entry>        <Entry>            <Index>22</Index>            <Down>THROTTLE3_DECR</Down>            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>            <Up>THROTTLE3_CUT</Up>        </Entry>        <POV>            <Index>0</Index>            <Down>PAN_VIEW</Down>            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>        </POV>    </SimControls.Map>    <SimControls.Map>        <Name>Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant{E3A48920-D612-11DE-8002-444553540000}</Name>        <Entry>            <Index>6</Index>            <Down>THROTTLE4_DECR</Down>            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>            <Up>THROTTLE4_CUT</Up>        </Entry>    </SimControls.Map>

This is now set for 4 throttles for use with the 747, 737, MD-11 etc... Make sure you don't use the last 2 if you have them set up as condition levers for the JS41 in your FSUIPC.ini. You could, but then you would need to open the standard.xml later and comment them out when you want to fly the J41 I suppose.What this will do is, when you go past the detent it will apply full reverers. If your using FSP, make sure when you hear your FO call 80knots (or before) push them back past the detent to their idle position and they will disengage without needing to do anything else. This way they should be out of reverse by the time you hit 60 knots and won't get penalized.I don't think this would work or is needed for the CH throttles since I don't think they act as a button and would follow Graham's and John's advice above.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi, is it possible to have two separate axis for throttle and reverse in J41? I tried setting it this way in fsuipc, but the throttle goes only to ground idle. Thanks Jan

Both the Saitek and CH will generate a button press if you pull them all the way back. I just assign throtlle 1 decr with hold function in fsuipc for throttle 1 and the same for 2. Works like a charm.FRED

I would like to have proportional controll over the amount of reverse thrust, or at least have full reverse thrust as soon as possible