Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Just Flight PSS 777 and 757

All, I'm new to PSS via Just Flight... I just purchased both the 777 and 757 last weekend... My question - are the Just Flight packages 100% up to date ??? I see version 1.01 on the 757 and I could swear I saw a reference for 1.3 or something like that mentioned in a post... Thanks...Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott,Don't have a direct answer, but the Justflight web site has the info. I know there are some updates, but can't recall if they are for the CD or download versions.Jim Harnes

Hi Jim,Thanks for the tip I'll poke around...Navy ??? ET1/SS - well used to be anyway...:smile:Regards,Scott

Hi Scott,This might be the what you're looking for, quoting from the JF website:"Please note that if you purchased the download version the 757 Professional after 11/01/2010 then your software is already version 1.3 and you do not need to install this update. Owners of the boxed version still need to install this update."http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=171#Update340Hope this helps

All, I'm new to PSS via Just Flight... I just purchased both the 777 and 757 last weekend... My question - are the Just Flight packages 100% up to date ??? I see version 1.01 on the 757 and I could swear I saw a reference for 1.3 or something like that mentioned in a post... Thanks...Regards,Scott
HelloEven on a fully patched PSS 757 the load manager will say v1.01 on the 777 the fuelplanner will show v1.00.If you bought the JF versions they are up to date.The 757 on todays hardware is an absolute GEM ,be sure to look for the VC textures that were posted on Flightsim.com by Alexei Yarlykov, very nice

Thanks guys - appreciate the help... I'm using the No-VC option but I'll take a look... I've gotta see if I can work on the Alpha to make those window cutouts opaque... They are just holes in the model without the VC... Regards,Scott

Hi Scott,Good to talk with a Navy guy :( ! 26 years worth here.I've been a particular fan of the PSS T7 since it was released. Happy to help out if anything else comes up.Jim Harnes

Hi Scott,Good to talk with a Navy guy :( ! 26 years worth here.I've been a particular fan of the PSS T7 since it was released. Happy to help out if anything else comes up.Jim Harnes
Well shiver me timbers! Hehe. Hey guys, I did 11 years in the Nav....was going career until after the 1st gulf war and they were downsizing the military (that was foolish in hindsight huh?). They made me an offer I couldn't refuse (Either get out at the end of my enlistment with no VSI, or get out in 2 months with what amounted to a partial retirement package....I took the latter, hehe).My whole family was career Navy, dad and brother did 20, step-sis is currently in (17 years) and is a CWO after being a Chief for a few years.Jim, Scott and I got aquainted over at the Flightsim forums after he strong-armed me into coming out of retirement as an aircraft painter to paint an EMB-120 USAir for him, LOL.Had I known he was a sub-surface guy (Hoping I remember that was what SS meant), I, of course being an airdale, would have never painted it for him! I mean...there IS quite the rivelry between the services in the Navy that I have to respect right? hehe.I was an AT1/AW, so at least Scott and I were both in electronics, but I did work on ASW helicopters, so in a sense, I was his arch-enemy, our mission to hunt down, track and destroy subs (well...Russian subs as it were, but we practiced on US subs all the time).I hope when Scott reads this, he'll understand that I'll have to disassoiciate myself with him, and never honor any paint requests from him again, in the sake of all that is sacred in Navy tradition. :)I'm enjoying a recent purchase of the PSS 777, 757 as well (at $15 a piece could not pass them up), and would appreciate any tips you might have regarding them (unless of course you were also sub-surface or surface Navy and would never assoiciate with the likes of an airdale...LOL....I am a shellback though...if that carries any weight). :)Regards,Steve DraAT1/AW USN

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Wow??Well, I'm a good old fashioned crab driver from across the pond but I have been around fishheads for a few years {I used to fly against them when they came off the old Ark, and they frightened me!} so you guys have my greatest respect.However, back to the real {unfortunately} world :Steve - any help you need with the PSS Boeings, just come here. If Jim is not around, I will be.Nice to meet youJohn R

Hi Steve!Good to talk with another shellback! I'm also from the Naval aviation community - at least that's where it all started. Got into other things later. So I guess we have Scott surrounded :( !Here is some good reading WRT the PSS T7: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/215692-vnav-challengesinformational-post/page__hl__vnav+informational+postInfo in that post was vetted by a friend who was UAL's senior T7 captain - poster named Leo. Info from him may be considered reference.Thanks for your work for flight simmers. Did you do a Level D AAL paint?John R is the corporate memory for the PSS T7 and 757. His efforts kept the forums alive - consider him reference also.Best,Jim Harnes

Wow??Well, I'm a good old fashioned crab driver from across the pond but I have been around fishheads for a few years {I used to fly against them when they came off the old Ark, and they frightened me!} so you guys have my greatest respect.However, back to the real {unfortunately} world :Steve - any help you need with the PSS Boeings, just come here. If Jim is not around, I will be.Nice to meet youJohn R
Thanks John! I'll funnel any questions about the 777 and 757 here.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve!Good to talk with another shellback! I'm also from the Naval aviation community - at least that's where it all started. Got into other things later. So I guess we have Scott surrounded :( !Here is some good reading WRT the PSS T7: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/215692-vnav-challengesinformational-post/page__hl__vnav+informational+postInfo in that post was vetted by a friend who was UAL's senior T7 captain - poster named Leo. Info from him may be considered reference.Thanks for your work for flight simmers. Did you do a Level D AAL paint?John R is the corporate memory for the PSS T7 and 757. His efforts kept the forums alive - consider him reference also.Best,Jim Harnes
Thanks Jim! Will keep that info close at hand.Yes, I did paint the Level D 767 in AAL colors...she was one of my favorites!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve,Your Level D 767 AAL is a masterpiece! BTW, are you using a wide screen monitor with the T7?Jim Harnes

ROFL,Ugggh - brown shoes everywhere !!! I guess I'll have to find a new hobby now - and - on Veterans day to boot... And just for the record - the only time one of those flying egg beaters would find a Submarine was - if we surfaced - radiated out of all our antennas - called you up and gave you our GPS position - steered you in when you came over the horizon - and shot off flares when you got really close !!! Man - freak'n airdales... :( Yeah - we always had a little intra-service rivalry - well at least until the Marines came around...Happy Veteran's Day folks - man - I actually miss the Nav... And - sheessshh - Steve - I didn't DRAAAG you back in... Love those EMB-120 paints though... :( Back on topic - anyone have experience with AIR files ??? I'm working on a merge of the POSKY T7 to the PSS T7 panel - using the POSKY Mod F FDE/AIR... Could always use some help... Nice to see people are still interested in this product... I'm like Steve - just recently started using it...Regards,Scott

Sheeeezzzz..... such a lot of noise from a SS type. The P3 got ya at 20 :( .Not sure the PSS panel will work right if not tied to the PSS air file. There are some workable merges here at avsim, and the best FDE I've found is at Johan Dee's site.Jim Harnes

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.