Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's WaterConstants.Xml

Any way to get rid of the awful looking star reflections?
Sure, install the latest version (1.6) see my signature. No more star reflections and water is now pitch black at night (not gray)
Hi *******,what are your favourite settings for LOW/MID/HIGH?Michael
Hi Michael,The waterconstants.xml file included with the shader mod 1.6 is the one I use now.

Hi Menno,Check the waterconstant.xml. You'll see it has 3 sections. LOW/MID/HIGH (low is the first one) each section has its own properties, so you need to tweak the values until you find the transition acceptable. This has been discussed here and is also documented in the readme.txt file.
Hi *******,I understand the transitions, but it also happens when at cruise level (FL 360 or so). Every say 30 seconds it jumps to a new starting point.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Hi BojoteI live on a North West facing coast and fly gliders, soaring the cliffs there in North Westerly winds. My WaterConstants.xml has for LOW and MID values of <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> and the water seems to flow out to sea towards the North West, heading something like 320 degrees.I would like the water to flow in from the North West as it does in reality, but cannot seem to make any change in direction using <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation>.. at LOW and MID values.You said in an earlier reply in this thread:

In fact, wave height and directon can be controlled in the WaterConstants.Xml file.<fWaveBumpUVScale>1.000</fWaveBumpUVScale> <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> The UV scale is the actual 'height' in this case the LOWER the number, the more 'active' the sea will look (due to waves) so at HIGHER altitudes, you might want to set this value 'lower' like 0.200. Setting it to 1.000 will give you a calmer looking sea.Bump rotation is set in degrees. 0-360 it determines the direction of the waves above. DX10 (In FSX) has an option for whitecaps, and you can specify up to 3 Bump Scales and rotations, the effect is the sea waves hitting with each other. This can be done in DX9 for FSX, but is too much work and can even impact performance, so I'm not doing it.
Could you please tell me where I am going wrong, and why do we need precision of 'three decimal places' to achieve a direction for water flow (45.000)?Many thanks, and if you are still hoping to introduce wind-driven water flow direction that would be absolutely wonderful.With many thanks and best wishes,

Bojote, sorry I should have said, I am using DX9, not DX10 preview. However, I tried DX10 preview last night and found that the sea was then running in the right direction, from 045 degrees. Does the WaterConstant.xml only apply to DX10 preview? Apologies for being so ignorant of these things. I am using water garphics setting at High 2X. However, in DX10 I found my frame rates held up around 20 with the external limiter going, but that TrackIR was no longer panning smoothly, so I can't really get on with DX10. Pity, as the ocean, animation, wave and sparkles loook much more realistic..Thank you,

Hi guys. I installed this mod.I changed WaterConstants.xml from archive of this mod with fsx one.I run fsx, then closed it, removed shaders folders and 2 lines from cfg.Started fsx again, and let it rebuid the cache.Ok, before this mod, I had nice dark blue water with cool reflections. Got it from my mate. (I dont have rex)After this mod, i have this!index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=35243Can you please help, to get nice water? Thanks in advance.I really want something like this:enb2010118151550.jpgreposted from here: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2184059

Here this should help solve your problem....

Gents,

Maybe I can be of assistance here, as I ran into the same problem when updating my system with the following:-

1. NVidia GeForce Drivers v.337.88

2. Using FSX's DEFAULT SHADER 2.0 and FSWC previously installed with REX 2.

3. Upgrading REX 2 to REX 3 ESS+ OD.

The "Sparkling Water" and "USE THIS!" all look like they have "lost their luster."

I fixed/tweaked it, for the most part...

... but there stll seems to be (now I know what your going to say here) an underlying issue with REX 3 & 4 making modifications to the SHADERS that were NOT being done in REX 2.  I found that the REX 3 upgrade process removes SHADER20 content from the WaterConstants.Xml file and if one was using FSWC to tweak their shader settings, they are then majorily affected by this.  But I'm NOT blaming anyone here, it also seems to be NVidia GeForce Driver related, etc.  All of these are assumptions at this point but users still need solutions and am thus trying to be of assistance and look for it as well.

Anyway, here is my solution for both users of SHADER 2.0 / 3.0 under DX9 and it works with/without FSWC, but you really want FSWC if you don't already have it.  (Get FSWC HERE: http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtml)

DOWNLOAD ATTACHED: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiktF_QHMzCbUtlcUhOMXRnNVk/edit?usp=sharing

Click File -> Download to download the entire content as a .Zip file.

Enjoy! smile.png

PS: I also posted this here: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30406-ocean-and-tropical-water-textures-not-installing/?p=223650