- To do this, you need to open the FSX config file and edit it
- Open windows explorer and go to C:\Users\[...your user name...]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (you may need administrator rights to access the AppData directories)
- Open the file fsx.CFG in any text editing program - the Windows built in Editor works fine
- Scroll down (or use the search function) until you find the section [GRAPHICS] and look for the line "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024" and change the value to 4096
- Save the fsx.CFG and then start the simulator. Now... FSX has a bad habit of resetting the configuration for many reasons, so you may have to check this value often
FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide - NEW!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide - UPDATED!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
High resolution textures - how to get them to show
1 reply to this topic
Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:50 AM
I don't know how often folk look at our high definition textures in the screenshots and are then disappointed, when they download and install them, only to be disappointed by the texture quality. Of course, we painters are to blame, if we don't remind you the FSX will only load a maximum size of 1024 pixel square by default. Well, there are at least two ways of telling FSX to load larger than normal sized textures - the hard way and the easy way: The hard way:
Please donate today!
Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:05 AM
Great explanation Chris , thank you.I made this post a sticky ( for a while )AND added this issue to the Painting FAQ`sI added the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD editing to the readme-file instructions Question/Answer nr 6and I added Question 17 : TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD SETTINGS ( or “why high res repaints show sometimes disappointing” ).......................I took the liberty of using your explanation for the answer.CheersLeen