Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Game Booster v2

I just fired up the beta game booster and there was an update, so now its the official v2 but just a word of warning they want you to pay $9.99 to access some of the features now IE: SYSTEM TWEAKS section, you can't put your PC into Top Performance Mode also you can't shut down the Non-Windows Services. I certainly don't blame them, I just started using this service and was under the impression that it was free.

Ian,Thanks for the information.I have Game Booster v1.5.I never noticed any difference when using it and not using (FS9.1/FSX flights) it on Vista 32 bit PC.So, I will just uninstall it from my hard drive.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I use Ver 1.6 - tried the new "updated" version but did not care for the additional "bells and whistles" they added.Ver 1.6 works very well indeed for me:Here is a link if you want to try it yourself:http://game-booster.soft32.com/

Opa,Ok,Thanks.I will go see try it (ver 1.6).

Best Regards,

I use Ver 1.6 - tried the new "updated" version but did not care for the additional "bells and whistles" they added.Ver 1.6 works very well indeed for me:Here is a link if you want to try it yourself:http://game-booster.soft32.com/
What performance increase do you get in FSX when using this utility?

What performance increase do you get in FSX when using this utility?
I'm not exactly sure, but, it frees up a fairly large chunk of memory and you won't be bottered with HP wanting to update their printer files twice a day or Adobe making their hourly update. Be careful not to hit the update button because your ver 1.6 will be lost forever and those nasty $9.99 splat screen will be in your face almost every time you click on anything. I actual did a recovery this morning to get rid of the update to ver 2.0. Yuck. Flashy kids stuff and at a price.I have been using game booster every time I crank up fsx for several months now. But, I absolutely will not be using ver 2.0.RayM

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Oops, download no longer works as a v1.6, IObit have evidently shut down all installations except the ver2.0 that is crippled unless you spend the $10 for all the stuff you don't necessarily wish to have. Too bad. It was a great little product when it was free.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have been using ver 2.0 beta and I like that it shuts a lot of stuff down I used to do each time I ran FSX.Now using it first then going to task manager there are only a few apps left to shut down manually.I get it down to 15 running with task manager and explorer still running.Not bad I think.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I checked this out a few weeks ago and this app does nothing you can't do on your own by stopping startup programs and such (ie using the MS Sysinternals Autoruns app). It's actually caused us several headaches at support here because it kills services that our product licensing system actually uses, took us quite a while to figure out what was going on when we started getting the support tickets about the issue.For what it's worth I noticed zero performance difference with it on or off either - I think it's pretty clearly just an attempt to sell people on their actual paid software. Someone with a seriously bogged down machine might see some benefit, but anyone who knows their system and doesn't have tons of junk running in the systray and background isn't going to see a difference.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the reply.Where and/or how do I get this?"ie using the MS Sysinternals Autoruns app".Thanks,I am always trying to do my best to educate myself on this forum.I am an old guy but doing FS since my Tandy 1000.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I checked this out a few weeks ago and this app does nothing you can't do on your own by stopping startup programs and such (ie using the MS Sysinternals Autoruns app). It's actually caused us several headaches at support here because it kills services that our product licensing system actually uses, took us quite a while to figure out what was going on when we started getting the support tickets about the issue.For what it's worth I noticed zero performance difference with it on or off either - I think it's pretty clearly just an attempt to sell people on their actual paid software. Someone with a seriously bogged down machine might see some benefit, but anyone who knows their system and doesn't have tons of junk running in the systray and background isn't going to see a difference.
****I agree.That is what I found with ver 1.5. I uninstalled it.I downloaded ver 1.6 but did not install it after reading they "discontinued" it.I am not on a crippled PC and I do not have problems with my current setup.The current v2 product is not for me.

Best Regards,

I am using AlacrityPC which does the job and is free.You can get it here.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Seems like market reality caught up here. Wasn't everything with 1.x free and now you have to use the "pay" 2.x?Maybe they were impressed about the (market) success of the other payware stuff with little or no performance use.I don't know, I like free apps with a big "donate" button much more than these "pay and maybe you'll get some" things. Purely personal of course.Funny nowadays exceptions are things where you can donate but you are only able to download if you did so. I wonder what companies or people think when they implement such dubious steps but that's another storyNow that David gave us a current free tip (thanks for that by the way), it won't take long until it is "pay" too. Big%20Grin.gif

Now that David gave us a current free tip (thanks for that by the way), it won't take long until it is "pay" too. Big%20Grin.gif
Just a little follow up -I tried that link to Ver 1.6 - and several others which Google found. Even though the "screen" said you would get Ver. 1.6, they all provided Version 2 instead of Ver. 1.6 - bummer! :( Seems the Iobit folks have made sure that Ver. 1.6 is no longer available - unless you go to a Rapidshare type location - which I am loath to do. Glad I got my copy safely tucked away.

I am using AlacrityPC which does the job and is free.You can get it here.
***Thank you,I got it.I will learn about it.I will try it.

Best Regards,