Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

3 Flight Trailers puts rumors to rest

1st Trailer. Photorealistic water and sky we drooled...could these be in-game shots! :wub:2nd Trailer. Photorealistic sky and clouds...our dreams have come true, our dream simulator is being built! :( 3rd Trailer. That looks almost like...I'd say it looks EXACTLY like... FSX! It's like deja vu all over again :(

1st Trailer. Photorealistic water and sky we drooled...could these be in-game shots! :wub:2nd Trailer. Photorealistic sky and clouds...our dreams have come true, our dream simulator is being built! :( 3rd Trailer. That looks almost like...I'd say it looks EXACTLY like... FSX! It's like deja vu all over again :(
The first two videos were renders done by artists. The third was the first in-game footage. I know this because...well...I know a guy. :wink:Judging by the pattern, we will have Webisode 3 tomorrow. Can't wait to see what they show!!!It looks like FSX, but if it has slightly better graphics, improved FPS, and no crashes, I'm gettin' it!

Brandon Filer

Hey Mike,Yep, looks like FSX the sequel. Artist renditions are useless and should not be used, all it does is increase ones expectations with the end result ending in disappointment.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest 64kts

Microsoft can't make everybody happy that's for sure. I'd gladly settle for a pimped version of FSX. :)

Microsoft can't make everybody happy that's for sure. I'd gladly settle for a pimped version of FSX. :)
hehe . you said pimped  :(

Guest jahman
The first two videos were renders done by artists. The third was the first in-game footage. I know this because...well...I know a guy. :wink:Judging by the pattern, we will have Webisode 3 tomorrow. Can't wait to see what they show!!!
For the lazy, what's the pattern?
It looks like FSX, but if it has slightly better graphics, improved FPS, and no crashes, I'm gettin' it!
+1! Cheers,- jahman.

For the lazy, what's the pattern?+1! Cheers,- jahman.
For the first two videos, it was one month a part on Thursday. The third was a little over a month and was published Friday instead. Based on that pattern, the fourth video should be added today when the Microsoft employees get to work.

Brandon Filer

If it looks at least as good as FSX, runs properly on moderate hardware and is backwards compatible with FSX addons, it's a winner.Somehow I think it'll be build on the same engine as FSX, with all the bad techniques that have made every MSFS title a major resource hog. Hopefully I'm proven wrong however.

3d trailer: pixel shading or whatever it is called.This could mean 1 better VC shading (less impact on fps)2 Better shading of world objects.3 Cloudshadows??

I think we should open at least 3 more threads on this.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Microsoft isn't concerned about our happiness, they only want our money which makes them very happy.Regards, Mike Mann

Microsoft isn't concerned about our happiness, they only want our money which makes them very happy.Regards, Mike Mann
As does every other business on this planet.Though one of the best ways is for them to make a product people want to buy.

HW and SW tech made huge steps forward on recent years, I am just thinking about Dirt 3 for example.MS will release a game with a graphic worst than FSX ( 2006 ) and in addition it won't be a simulator but an arcade instead.I see nothing to be happy here, I just feel fooled even before having sex.

I see nothing to be happy here, I just feel fooled even before having sex.
Hah, awesome!
I am just thinking about Dirt 3 for example.
You have to admit though, after investing in a few add-ons FSX looks great compared to some current generation DX9 games, so it has aged really well (thanks entirely to the third party add-on market). If you compare it to a fully fledged closed world DX11 game like DIRT2/3 of course it is going to look as if FS is lacking! :PI'm just so glad the genre is continuing!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.