Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Beta Testers Needed (Shader Mod w/ auto Installer)

I just finished setting up an auto installer for the Shader 3 Mod. Among the 'enhancements' this installer provides:1) Shader 3 Mod automated installation (no need to clear cache or update fsx.cfg options) the installer takes care of this for you2) Updated WaterConstants.Xml file3) Critical fsx.cfg modifications for stability/performance including: The vSync FIX and HIGHMEMFIX among others.4) The 'Shaders' are 'exactly' the same as in the v1.5 release, so if you already have them and your WaterConstants.Xml file is up to date there is no need to beta test this.if you have always wanted to try the shader mod but did not understand the instructions or had problems making it work, this will surely help you. The autoinstaller takes care of everything for you, including adding critical entries to your fsx.cfg file automatically, it's basically point and click.The installer also includes a 'remove' option, so you can revert back to your previous shaders automatically in just one click.I have tested the installer in Windows 7 32 Bit and 64 Bit, so I would like testers with Vista 32/64 and/or Windows XP 32/64 drop me a line at jaltuve@gmail.com if you are interested, I want to test it privately before releasing it on the AVSIM File library.P.D Evidently, this will work best if you have no tweaks and/or the Shader 3 Mod installed, that way you'll clearly see a before and after comparison of the massive performance boost this package provides.Thanks,

Hello *******,I am the process of building my FSX Computer (Windows 7... 64bit). Your efforts and dedication are certainly appreciated. I hope all works fine; I would ceratinly apply it to my system when the time comes, should it be necessary.Best,John

Guest 413X3

Is the vsync fix necessary for nvidia users that use the inspector to force it on?

The vsync fix is a 'native' way of enabling vsync inside FSX, via an undocumented fsx.cfg option.The nVidia option is simply a way to 'force' the option. So why would I 'Force' something that can be enabled natively and without forcing it?

The vsync fix is a 'native' way of enabling vsync inside FSX, via an undocumented fsx.cfg option.The nVidia option is simply a way to 'force' the option. So why would I 'Force' something that can be enabled natively and without forcing it?
Does it create backups of the files it replaces, so it can be reverted. I haven't installed yet, but i could try it and beta test this.

Does it create backups of the files it replaces, so it can be reverted. I haven't installed yet, but i could try it and beta test this.
Yes, it does!! In fact, thats what's taking most of my time! doing all the 'custom' actions built into the installer so I can leave your instalation 'exactly' as it was before installing the mod. You'll be able to uninstall the Shaders via the Add/Remove option of your operating system Add or remove programs setting. The BETA testing purpose is to see how the installer behaves on the different operating systems so it 'should' work out of the box with no issues.

I just finished setting up an auto installer for the Shader 3 Mod. Among the 'enhancements' this installer provides:1) Shader 3 Mod automated installation (no need to clear cache or update fsx.cfg options) the installer takes care of this for you2) Updated WaterConstants.Xml file3) Critical fsx.cfg modifications for stability/performance including: The vSync FIX and HIGHMEMFIX among others.4) The 'Shaders' are 'exactly' the same as in the v1.5 release, so if you already have them and your WaterConstants.Xml file is up to date there is no need to beta test this.if you have always wanted to try the shader mod but did not understand the instructions or had problems making it work, this will surely help you. The autoinstaller takes care of everything for you, including adding critical entries to your fsx.cfg file automatically, it's basically point and click.The installer also includes a 'remove' option, so you can revert back to your previous shaders automatically in just one click.I have tested the installer in Windows 7 32 Bit and 64 Bit, so I would like testers with Vista 32/64 and/or Windows XP 32/64 drop me a line at jaltuve@gmail.com if you are interested, I want to test it privately before releasing it on the AVSIM File library.P.D Evidently, this will work best if you have no tweaks and/or the Shader 3 Mod installed, that way you'll clearly see a before and after comparison of the massive performance boost this package provides.Thanks,
Hola *******!! I watched a video with your tweak and let me tell you i fell in love with that bloom!! B) I really should try it but i don't know if my rig could handle!Basically it's a Q6600 @2.4Ghz (not overclocked) with a Nvidia 9600GTS running Win 7 x64. It's a little old, i know!! :( But my future wife keeps saying that 2011 its our wedding year!! :( Well, i don't want to take more of your time reading these lines without saying that you did/do a great job and i really appreciate it even if i only could watch it on youtube B) SalutiIgnacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

*******,Could you please add me to the list?Thanks :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I'm already running your latest files so won't volunteer for this but I truly appreciate all of the work you are putting in. Thank you, my friend.

Alexander Alonso

I'm already running your latest files so won't volunteer for this but I truly appreciate all of the work you are putting in. Thank you, my friend.
Same here, Hey-Sus: I too am running your latest Shader mod, and have also modified the WaterConstants, such that there's no apparent switch point as one descends through 1500', and so I will pass on this one. I think your passion to make FSX really work the way it should is a magnificent undertaking, and somewhere along the line you are going to get a well-deserved reward.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,You are correct. There is nothing in the automated-installer than users of the latest shader mod + updated Waterconstants don't already have. The purpose of the auto-installer is to make the Shader mod accesible. If you think about it, having a technically challenged user replacing folders, adding entries in the fsx.cfg, flushing the cache etc can be a daunting task ;)Besides, I decided to also add some 'basic' must-have fixes to the fsx.cfg such as the HIGHMEMFIX and vSync FIX, that way the autoinstaller can help users with vanilla FSX installs to get much better stability out of the box with just a few clicks.The 'ideal' beta tester should be someone who does NOT have the Shader Mod or had problems installing it. Also XP 32/64 bit users are ideal Beta testers because I have no access to an XP box.

somewhere along the line you are going to get a well-deserved reward.
I already did Paul! appreciation is the best reward! makes you feel useful :)

Here it is!!
The 'Bloom' effect you see there is the ENBSeries mod. It 'was' bundled with my shader mod but later REMOVED due to a bug in how the ENBSeries d3d9.dll is implemented.Using ENBSeries mod completely NEGATES the effect of HIGHMEMFIX, this is due to a bug that was present in the D3DEffects component of DX9. a 'Flag' needs to be explicitly passed to the CompileShader functions implemented in the ENBSeries mod, so the author needs to be contacted about this OR his d3d9.dll hex edited. It's in my todo list :) I love that bloom effect!