Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

ahahahha You don't list a geforce 8 series card in the dropdown. Does that mean my system is too weak lol?
Lie to the system ;) I simply use that for reference. the 9 series should be a good reference
OK I did exactly as was directed ended up getting a screen that said OK your document has moved here, clicked on the link and ended up with Spanish stuff and something about error 500.Have no idea what's going on.
Yeap.. I see the errors in my log. It's only happening to you, so there must be something wrong in your fsx.cfg file. Can you send it to me? send me a PM and attach it so I can test on my end.

Hehe... I'm using your (bojote) fsx.cfg, and look what errors i got! :(

Your Fiber frame time fraction is way off! it has been removed.Adjusting AI traffic (Airliners).Adjusting AI traffic (GA).You have A/C reflections disabled. They can only be enabled via fsx.cfg manual edit.If using nVidia Hardware MAKE SURE you disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness.
AI traffic is my personal setting, as i do like having ai traffic around. But i'll have to fiddle with those other suggestions later today. ;)

Hi *******, just thought that I would mention that the tool did not recognize shader cache version number so people should be made aware of that.Other than that what a great tool, I have read through all the post's regarding your tweaks and the wonderful feedback so it's nice to be able to see immediately what changes can be made without having to test all the variations.I'm wondering why your .cfg layout is so different from mine, I have noticed others who have posted theirs that each is a little different from the other, is it based on your hardware settings?Once again thanks for all your help.Best,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

How does one make sure this is disabled and were do i download the Nvidia Insp thingy."If using nVidia Hardware MAKE SURE you disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness."

Hello *******,I'm one of the silent readers, but I have read nearly any comment from you the last month'.Thanks very much for your efford for the flightsim community.Also thanks for your "tweaking-tool"!!! Others would have made a charged service out of it for 40$ or more.... Glad you haven't done that.One thing: I've got an error after inserting your tweaked CFG like "FSX couldn't write to fsx.cfg" (it is in german so I don't know the correct translation)I found out that I have had to shut down my browser (Firefox) to solve it.Just as a hint for others...Just as a feedback about your tweaks:I fiddled around a lot the last month and tried every single one of you.I ended up in removeing the most of them and have now just usepools=0HighmemfixAffinitymask=14this is with a i7 930@4.2 and a zotac GTX 470 AMP and 6 gig RAMthis is the setting which gives me rock steady 30 frames with external frame limiter.But I will have again a look in every value which was given me with the Online-tweaking-machine.thanks very much,Guenter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JesusThanks for the Tweaking utility. It seems to work on my system, although most of the changes consisted of moving the sliders to the left. One always hopes to get more than the PC can deliver...One entry that has me puzzled is "Optimal A/C shadow settings have been applied". In the tweaked cfg file, "Aircraft casts shadow on itself" was turned on. I had it off as I was under the impression this would cause an increased load on the system and reduce fps. Can you clarify pleaseRegardsJohn

You don't have the vSync Fix applied to your configuration!You don't have the vSync Fix (Windowed mode) applied to your configuration!
You say this like it's a bad thing.I don't want vsync as it decreases performance

Hi *******,I must add my thanks too for all the work you have done. I will try your optimiser soon, when I get my Sim switched back on (I have bits in pieces at present). But one question beforehand, please, on this point:

Don't worry, they are perfect. Anti-Alias transparency is disabled. If you enable it you'll notice how you get stutters in areas with very dense scenery (not autogen) but scenery objects.
I'll try again with this disabled, but i have a number of airports, which are important to me, and designed for FSX, which give me awful "shimmering" if I turn that off. Things like runway markings, building edges, all wobble about like crazy as I move. The answer, in a message here a month or so ago, was this:
I had upgraded my video card recently (Nvidia GTS-450) and I was having a significant problem with "shimmering" at airports in FSX. That is, the runways and runway lines and markings would "travel" up and down and across the screen, mainly as I was passing by, or approaching, an airport. I finally found the answer to this issue on one of the flight sim websites, which was to activate the Anti-Aliasing-Transparency feature in the Nvidia Control panel.There are various degrees of settings for this feature, "Off", "Multi-sample", "2X supersample", :4X supersample", and "8X supersample". Supposedly, the higher the setting, the more negative effect it has on framerates. However, I set it to "8X supersample", which is the highest setting, and it had little to no effect on my framerates that I could observe. And my CPU is not "high end" but a middle-of-the-road Core i5 750 running at 2.8Ghz. More importantly, the shimmering at the airport was greatly reduced, I would estimate by at least 90 percent. If anyone else, using an Nvidia card, has this problem, give this a try.
I am currently using a GTX 480 with nVidia's 261.?? drivers, and this setting, made via nVidia Inspector, does make a very noticeable improvement.So, is there no answer -- more stutters, less shimmering, or vice versa? No best setting for both?Best RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hey *******, what about ATI card? I got a 5770 and after a lot of work in ATI Tray Tools and thanks to your tweaks and suggestion it works well enough, now also in really bad weather (with an acceptable fps loss), but it is not listed in the card list. Must I select "I don't know" to try your utility?Thank you.Mauro

Right when I think you have done all you could, you raise the bar even higher. I thank you *******!I have one question: when I should select how many CPU/Threads show in task manager, I have no idea what to do. Where do I see this in task manager? All I see is that there are over 900 threads active... I do know I have an i5 quad core. So should I enter "4"?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Right when I think you have done all you could, you raise the bar even higher. I thank you *******!I have one question: when I should select how many CPU/Threads show in task manager, I have no idea what to do. Where do I see this in task manager? All I see is that there are over 900 threads active... I do know I have an i5 quad core. So should I enter "4"?
Same here, core i7 930

Hi BojoteI just had a quick look at the tweak tool site and noticed you don't have an option for tripple core processors, I have the AMD Athalon II x3 445 which is triple core so how would I know if your app is going to work ok with my setup.BTW, thanks for your tweaks and suggestions, I have now managed to stop my system from having all the ati graphic problems apart from the occasional flash but I couldn't download the shader 3 mod, where would I get it from as the link on one of your posts didn't work.Many thanks for your efforts without guys like you most of us would be dead in the water.CheersMart.

Under performance.. how many graphs you have? 4 or 8 probably. If you then tick HT on, bojote says it'll understand you only have 4 cores

JesusIt's ok I found the Shader 3 Mod in the library files, I just need to find the Water Constants now.Thanks again.Mart.

Under performance.. how many graphs you have? 4 or 8 probably. If you then tick HT on, bojote says it'll understand you only have 4 cores
4 graphs, so 4 cores. thanks!So, I guess I do get better performance, but now FSX doesn't really look any better than FS9. Plus, I get enormous FPS oscillations, with FPS jumping up and down between 20 and 100 FPS... Around TNCM in the CS727 I get around 30FPS, but well, that's mostly sea anyway... I'll do some more testing, but I can't say I'm very enthused with how it all looks. EDIT: Using the FPS Limiter applet the FPS is much mroe consistent. I'll be testing some more with this, see what I get around heavy sceneries.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case