Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Paul, after uploading your file for tweaking, the tool shows you a detailed text on what to do if you get lower performance. Did you read this text? what steps (from the text) did you follow? and most importantly, how are you measuring this 'lower' performance?
Hi, I just done what you said and followed the instructions, and it has improved my sim no end, thanks ever so much

Hello,I tried this tool and it improved the fps but I have a problem: the throttles are stuck at 100% for some planes. I've used the tweaked FSX.cfg and the untweaked FSX.cfg and I get stuck throttles on both. Has anyone experienced this problem?Thanks!Update: FSLab Concorde and PMDG JS41 both have the throttles stuck at 100%. This is definitely software because I can move my CH Throttle Quadrant and the throttles in FSX will move, but they will reset to 100%. I'm not sure what's going on because because I used this tool I didn't have this problem. I don't want to reinstall FSX but if this problem can't be fixed I'll have no choice.Update 2: After reinstalling FSLab Concorde, the throttles are still stuck at 100%. This means a FSX reinstall for me. This is unfortunate because I got a lot of stuff installed which took a lot of time. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Please consider the option to let user choose whether to disable the "overlay tips"Some add-on, like ConcordeX from FSLabs need to use this tip to show the trim unit. Disable this option will bring inconvenience in some situation.

[GRAPHICS]SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 // (default is 1)The above will compile shaders inside FSX using less efficient optimizacions at compile time for shader effect files (.fx), they will be bigger files, but compilation for this files will be 'INSTANT' so when approaching areas (airports/cities) with lots of scenery (for the first time) you'll not experience stutters due to shader compilation (which happens only ONCE)
I would have loved to try this, but all it does on my system is literally removing parts of my aircrafts. Looks funny though :)

[GRAPHICS]SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 // (default is 1)This introduces an ugly new effect: it completely destroys my valued RealAir Duke B60.

Best regards from RelaxX

Guest PFL

Same here with my dearly beloved framefriendly, exiting and fast Extra 300!Tounge.gif

[GRAPHICS]SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 // (default is 1)This introduces an ugly new effect: it completely destroys my valued RealAir Duke B60.
Thanks for the report guys. I'll advice simply not to try/experiment with this anymore.I'm also assuming those who tested flushed the cache when using SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 otherwise you'll see all kind of strange artifacts.

I did this:[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 //versioning

Best regards from RelaxX

Thanks for the report guys. I'll advice simply not to try/experiment with this anymore.I'm also assuming those who tested flushed the cache when using SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0 otherwise you'll see all kind of strange artifacts.
Hi *******,Just thought you would like to know that it (SHADER_OPTIMIZE=0) appears to be working for me. Having said that, it didn't first time around and I was treated to all manner of graphic artifacts and screen flashing. Also, antialiasing stopped working for some reason when I switched from windowed mode to full screen and there were ground texture blurries galore. A little experimenting and I found if I reverted back to DisablePreload=1 then all was well.I did flush the shader cache as advised.So, it may be others shouldn't be to hasty in rejecting this tweak. As with many tweaks this one could also be system dependent.I run FSX along with the antilag insertions in FSX root (antilag.cfg and d3d9.dll).Regards,MikeASRock 939Dual-SATA2 (AM2CPU Board), AMD Athlon 64X2 6400+ (BE,3200MHz,Windsor), Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC2-6400 4-4-4-12(2T) (Dual Channel), NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB (DDR3) (Forceware 197.45 WHQL), SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum (Drivers version 6.00.0001.1371), Antec NeoHE 650W PSU, Windows XP Home Edition (SP3), DirectX 9.0c Nice to know that you can still achieve a decent FSX experience on yesterday's hardware :(

Hi *******:First I want to thank you for all the work you have done for all of us, you have helped a lot of others improve their FSX programs.I used your tweaking tool with the VSync fix checked and got back a cfg file that looked ok. I installed the tool’s suggestions in the new cfg file and copied it in FSX fsx.cfg. My problem is simply this,I get a blank (black) screen that should show the default AC. Also when I clicked on the Fly Now button I also have a black screen though the mouse will show the names of the gauges and other points.I’ve rechecked the cfg file for weeks now to see if I could figure out what is causing this. Also rechecked all the posts to no avail. The only thing that I thought was unuual was with the VSnc fix whereas in the [Graphic] section I have – ForcedWindowedVSync=1, and –ForcedFullScreenVSync=1, however also in [Display] –ForcedFullScreenVSync=False, and – ForcedVSnc=False. This is the only commands that seem unusual.The only thing that I’m not sure of is if the code is wrong. It is in English and looks the same as in my original cfg.I have gone through all the Posts and not found anything that is remotely like my problem. There was a problem with changing from Windowed and Full screen, but I’m not getting past the default AC screen.My OS is XP 32bit, SP2. FSX Deluxe Edition bought in Europe.Thank you in advancefor any help you can give me.ThomasMainboard- ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI N650 RAID/ Processor-Intel core 2 duo E6700 2.67GHz 4MB-ArcticCooling Alpine7/ 4x 1024MB DDR2-667 Mushkin SP2-5300/ DVD player-Samsung18x+/-RW silber/ Hard drive-400GB Samsung HD400LJSATA11/ Grafic and Sound card 2x 768MB XFX GeForce 8800 GTX/ LC-Power 850 Watt PFC bulk.

I have gone through all the Posts and not found anything that is remotely like my problem. There was a problem with changing from Windowed and Full screen, but I’m not getting past the default AC screen.
Hi Thomas,the settings under [Display] with the true/false values for vSync are the 'old' ones, they should have no effect on the sim, the ones that work go in the [GRAPHICS] section and either contain 1 or 0 (try setting to 0 and see if this helps) or try 'disabling' the lines that were added to your fsx.cfg to see which one is responsible for the behavior you describe. I've never seen this reported before so no idea what the problem might be.

Hi all,having developed the dreaded stutters a month or so ago, I've followed multiple examples of this type of thread with interest and some success such as using the Auto Tweaking tool.Tonight I'd basically had enough of getting nowhere (with VFR GenX2 for the UK and several addon bases) and went to the Saudi desert to try something new.Tabuk airbase, every slider to 0 apart from the frames which are limited externally to 30 (which I can achieve in most areas just with stutters) and I get a rock steady 30 fps but with a bucketful of stutters thrown in for good measure.My (admittedly old) rig is a Dell XPS 420 with Q6600 2.4ghz chip, 3GB RAM and 8800GT 512MB gfx card.For some daft reason (with VFR especially) it seems that swapping between windowed and FS mode improves things for a few minutes before the stutters catch up again.As far as I'm aware I've tried just about every tweak mentioned singly and also together and realluy got nowhere.As I've just proved that I can now get stutters with the most basic of landscapes and minimum slider detail, can anyone suggest my next step apart from buying a decent i5 system (which I can't really afford at the moment) as these stutters are just about the only thing screwing up FSX for me at this moment...!

Hi *******:Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll get busy on your suggestions and let you know the results. Thanks again for your helpThomas

Hi Thomas,the settings under [Display] with the true/false values for vSync are the 'old' ones, they should have no effect on the sim, the ones that work go in the [GRAPHICS] section and either contain 1 or 0 (try setting to 0 and see if this helps) or try 'disabling' the lines that were added to your fsx.cfg to see which one is responsible for the behavior you describe. I've never seen this reported before so no idea what the problem might be.

I've got this error :

Proxy ErrorThe proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.The proxy server could not handle the request POST /cgi-bin/fsx.cgi.Reason: Too many (10) interim responses from origin server

Am I the only one ?