Sign in to follow this  
Formula88

Help me please!

I keep getting a CTD during my flights with the PMDG MD-11. I will post the event log here and hope that someone has dealt with this before as I have no idea what the problem is except that according to the event log a certain dll. is causing the crash. If anyone has a solution or anything at all please post here!Here is a list of running programs at the time of the crashes:FSX SP2ASE Build 640PFE+Voice packVAFSAnd here is the event log:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 11/23/2010 12:45:19 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: user-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29cException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0002e25bFaulting process id: 0x18ecFaulting application start time: 0x01cb8b45e2d130b5Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllReport Id: 94e1ce21-f742-11df-993d-6cf049580f2bEvent Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-11-23T20:45:19.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>3627</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>user-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> <Data>475e17d3</Data> <Data>ntdll.dll</Data> <Data>6.1.7600.16559</Data> <Data>4ba9b29c</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>0002e25b</Data> <Data>18ec</Data> <Data>01cb8b45e2d130b5</Data> <Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data> <Data>94e1ce21-f742-11df-993d-6cf049580f2b</Data> </EventData></Event>

Guest firehawk44

I responded to a similar ntdll problem just below your post with these comments: The NTDLL.DLL error comes up frequently on this forum and there is no known magic bullet to fix it. I did a Google search on ntdll.dll and the following link had some possible solutions to this problem: http://pcsupport.abo...a/ntdlldll.htm/ . The ntdll.dll is a system dll and the latest version of it on my 64 bit Windows 7 system is 6.1.7600.16559 and it is dated 3/24/2010. It is also located in my Windows/System32 folder (your error msg indicates yours was in the SystemWOW64 folder). Hope this helps.Exception code: 0xC0000005 comes up frequently on these forums too and indicates you had a memory access violation in your application. You can check out the following link for possible solutions: http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html . You might have your FSX.cfg settings set too high, or your system is overclocked improperly causing instability. It could be a bad installation of your video card drivers too. Whenever you install an addon or update drivers, I recommend you disable the UAC and any anti-virus software that could prohibit the writing of required entries in your registry. Best regards,Jim

I did recently upgrade my video drivers to 10.10 from 10.9. Perhaps this is the problem? I have installed the new 10.11 drivers and will retest the sim later on tonight and see if the issue is fixed or not. If not then I will try rolling back to the 10.9 driver and see if that works. I am pretty sure it is a video driver issue since I never had this problem until I updated. What I need to know is; is this a reasonable cause for the error I am getting? Thanks for the help.

Guest firehawk44
I am pretty sure it is a video driver issue since I never had this problem until I updated. What I need to know is; is this a reasonable cause for the error I am getting? Thanks for the help.
Yes, as I stated in my previous response...Best regards,Jim

Ok, I updated from 10.10 to 10.11 and although I got farther into the flight this time it still crashed with the same error. So, I guess the ATi 10.10 and up drivers are not compatable with FSX. At least not with the 5770 card I am running. I will try the fight again, probably tomorrow, after rolling back to the 10.9 suite and see what happens.

Guest firehawk44
Ok, I updated from 10.10 to 10.11 and although I got farther into the flight this time it still crashed with the same error. So, I guess the ATi 10.10 and up drivers are not compatable with FSX. At least not with the 5770 card I am running. I will try the fight again, probably tomorrow, after rolling back to the 10.9 suite and see what happens.
Sorry to hear you didn't get it fixed with the video card driver update. The fact that you are "rolling back to the 10.9 suite" concerns me a little. I'm not sure how great Windows is rolling back to a previous driver. Have you ever thought about completely uninstalling your drivers, running a driver cleaner program, run a registry cleaner, restart your system, then reinstall the ATI drivers?Best regards,Jim

I always uninstall the old drivers before installing new ones. I use a program called System Mechanic for my computer maintenance needs and it works great. Anyhow, I reinstalled the 10.9 drivers and made the same flight with success! Although I'm not sure if I just got lucky this time or not since AFTER I shut down FSX I got the same error, very strange. The program was already shut down and then it gave me the error again. I dont really care as long as I can get through my flights without crashing though. I will make another flight later and see what happens.

Guest firehawk44
I always uninstall the old drivers before installing new ones. I use a program called System Mechanic for my computer maintenance needs and it works great. Anyhow, I reinstalled the 10.9 drivers and made the same flight with success! Although I'm not sure if I just got lucky this time or not since AFTER I shut down FSX I got the same error, very strange. The program was already shut down and then it gave me the error again. I dont really care as long as I can get through my flights without crashing though. I will make another flight later and see what happens.
System Mechanic is a good maintenance program and I now understand what you meant by "rolling back" to older drivers. Have you ever tried renaming your FSX.cfg to FSX.old (so you can return to the one you have now in case this doesn't work), then restarting FSX and letting the config rebuild. This has solved a lot of CTD's for many. Anyway, running out of suggestions. Good luck!Best regards,Jim

Yeah, still having the same problem. I have no idea what is causing it, although I'm sure now that its not video driver related. I will try the cfg rebuild and see if that works. Also I have heard that deleting the UIautomationcore.dll from the system32 and sysWOW folders will eliminate this problem. Can anyone confirm that?

Guest firehawk44
Yeah, still having the same problem. I have no idea what is causing it, although I'm sure now that its not video driver related. I will try the cfg rebuild and see if that works. Also I have heard that deleting the UIautomationcore.dll from the system32 and sysWOW folders will eliminate this problem. Can anyone confirm that?
The uiautomationcore.dll is part of the dotnet program - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747327.aspx . Strongly recommend you do not delete this dll. If you want to see if that will fix your problem, simply rename the .dll to .old. If it doesn't fix your issue, then rename it back to .dll.Best regards,Jim

I can confirm that deleting the UIautomation DLL fixes my issues. I just made my first crash free flight after deleting this dll.

Guest firehawk44
I can confirm that deleting the UIautomation DLL fixes my issues. I just made my first crash free flight after deleting this dll.
Good to hear your issue is fixed with the deletion. I hope it fixes the problem for others having the same problem. I'm surprised the uiautomationcore.dll wasn't part of any of your error reports yet deleting fixed your problem. I still don't understand why many have problems with this .dll and others, like me, have never had a problem. Perhaps there's an addon some people are installing that is not compatible with the dotnet4 framework...Best regards,Jim

Guest jahman
Note that deleting the UIautomation.DLL is not the same as deleting that UIautomation.DLL: You might have deleted one version of the UIautomation.DLL that was causing the CTD and are instead inadvertently loading another version of UIautomation.DLL from somewhere else (Windows will search the local working directory and then all directories in the directory search path system variable in the order they are listed until it finds the software it needs to load.)The reason I suspect this is indeed the case is that generally speaking software that relies on a specific component does not run if that component is absent. Exceptionally a missing component will cause the software in question to fail gracefully, but it would be most unusual for the software to continue runing without the required component. Also note that components are either required or not, and only exceptionally "optional". I know just about nothing at all about .NET, except that if it is required by a certain piece of software then that software won't run if .NET is not present. Of course it could just be that UIautomation.DLL is that one piece of software that truly is optional, but as I said this seems unlikely.To absolutely make sure you have no UIautomation.DLL on your system you need to search your HDD for that file, noting that with Vista and Win7 peeking into the system software store gets to be quite difficult (exceeds my abilities at least.)Cheers,- jahman.

Do you have a lot of add ons? If so Im sorry youll have to uninstall FSX and ACCEL if you have it, sorry I had to do the same thing, dont tell me I know , but before you UNINSTALL go on line and getthe exact locations of the fragmented files from FSX look up UNINSTALLING FSX the REINSTALL FSX and next PMDG try to fly then addons. That is the only way, except do you have ORBIX ORBIX anything? uninstall BUT youll have to look up uninstalling ORBIX also for fragmented files, I think then you should be set its not good enough to just select from the SCENERY LIBRARY.