Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

KLAS Las Vegas

Is there a way to fix the elevation as shown in the screenshot? I have FSG's 19m, as well as UTUSA as well and some LV scenery, which when removed does not correct the problem. I do know that the terrain does get lower as one moves North & East from the airport, but I do know that there is no "cliff" at the end of the airport's boundaries.I'm running XP.Thanks for any help.Jim D.

Is there a way to fix the elevation as shown in the screenshot? I have FSG's 19m, as well as UTUSA as well and some LV scenery, which when removed does not correct the problem. I do know that the terrain does get lower as one moves North & East from the airport, but I do know that there is no "cliff" at the end of the airport's boundaries.I'm running XP.Thanks for any help.Jim D.
Hi Jim,I guess you have KLAS by FsDreamteam... take a look at this threadhttp://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1697.0or look at other posts in the FsDreamteam forum where it is described why the problem is due to and how to reduce the problem. Yes, it cannot be fix at all, but there is a .bgl file to reduce the impact of that problem.Bye.

Thanks for the link describing the problem. While I don't have the FS Dream Team scenery for KLAS, the 'Acropolis.zip' file may help, but I can't find it. The author's site is down and it isn't in the library here. Is there a possibility of getting it?Thanks,Jim

Thanks for the link describing the problem. While I don't have the FS Dream Team scenery for KLAS, the 'Acropolis.zip' file may help, but I can't find it. The author's site is down and it isn't in the library here. Is there a possibility of getting it?Thanks,Jim
JimAre you using the stock KLAS airport? If so, then the problem might be FSG mesh. If you are using a modified airport, try disabling it and see what happens.I vaguely remember this happening to me some time ago with KLAS. But I've obtained so many awesome airports over the last year that if it doesn't have AES support or if doesn't have blended photoscenery or whatever, I just don't bother flying there anymore. All the good stuff has spoiled me! :( BTW, the FSDT scenery is definitely ranked among the "good stuff" but on my old PC the FPS were just a bit too low so after using the free demo that they provide for all their sceneries, I decided to leave it until I get a better PCGood luck

Hi Jim. If you have or wish to get the free program SBuilder you can create a sloped flatten that wraps the perimeter of an airport from the airport elevation traveling away from the airport to a artfully chosen distance and elevation and create very good results, as shown in the before and after shots. I hope this is helpful.Best regards,Mel

Please stand by. A senior moment is in progress. I'll try the attachments again.

If you look at the bottom of reply #57 (in small letters) of the KLAS dreamteam thread, you will find the Acropolis.zip file that vastly improves the dreamteam version of KLAS. It may help with the default also ...worth a try.Steve

Thank you very, very much people for your helpful responses. I did locate the Acropolis.zip file and installed it into the FSG 19m Nevada folder and the results are much much better. I did notice a small elevation change left of RWY 25, but that won't bug me if this is the best, which compared to the original, is a great improvement.Mel, are the files you show something that you made? If so, I would also like to try them out if possible. You can PM me.BTW, the airport scenery I am using is called McCarron2008 by Mach-1 Design Again, I really appreciate the help offered.Jim D.

Thank you very, very much people for your helpful responses. I did locate the Acropolis.zip file and installed it into the FSG 19m Nevada folder and the results are much much better. I did notice a small elevation change left of RWY 25, but that won't bug me if this is the best, which compared to the original, is a great improvement.Mel, are the files you show something that you made? If so, I would also like to try them out if possible. You can PM me.BTW, the airport scenery I am using is called McCarron2008 by Mach-1 Design Again, I really appreciate the help offered.Jim D.
Hi Jim. Yes the results you see are my own work, as I said, using SBuilder. I am using FSgenisis 38m mesh for this area and UTUSA. It is difficult to see in the attached screen shots, but this is a complete redo of the Seattle airport, with modified land class (The photo scenery is switched off for Seattle and the UT stuff is covered by Lc at a higher priority.) The Afcad was made with ADE9X and some other scenery tools for some objects. I will be happy to take a look at what the flatten adjustments alone would look like without the other components.(I assume you have 38m mesh for this area, yes/no?)Regards,Mel

Hi Jim. Yes the results you see are my own work, as I said, using SBuilder. I am using FSgenisis 38m mesh for this area and UTUSA. It is difficult to see in the attached screen shots, but this is a complete redo of the Seattle airport, with modified land class (The photo scenery is switched off for Seattle and the UT stuff is covered by Lc at a higher priority.) The Afcad was made with ADE9X and some other scenery tools for some objects. I will be happy to take a look at what the flatten adjustments alone would look like without the other components.(I assume you have 38m mesh for this area, yes/no?)Regards,Mel
Thanks Mel. I'm using FSG 19 mesh for all of the USA along with UTUSA. I've never had the time to get involved with making scenery nor flatten files. The only thing I did was to move the San Francisco landmark of Coit Tower to its'proper location. It ws placed along the waterfront in FS9, so I moved it to the top of Telegraph Hill where it belongs.Jim

The KLAS files were also made using SBuilder. It was relatively easy, but did require some trial and error due to FS9's quirkiness.:(

Mike...

The KLAS files were also made using SBuilder. It was relatively easy, but did require some trial and error due to FS9's quirkiness.:(
FS9 is quirky? I never knew that . . . , thought it was just me being inept! :( Regards,Mel

Jim, if you want to try the file(s) for KSEA with your 19m mesh, then PM me your Email and I will send them/it out to you. You will most likely see some improvement especially near the airport. BTW, I tested with just the default KSEA and 38m mesh and it looked fine. Your results will depend on how much, if any, difference there is between 19m and 38m data for the area.Best regards,Mel

Jim, if you want to try the file(s) for KSEA with your 19m mesh, then PM me your Email and I will send them/it out to you. You will most likely see some improvement especially near the airport. BTW, I tested with just the default KSEA and 38m mesh and it looked fine. Your results will depend on how much, if any, difference there is between 19m and 38m data for the area.Best regards,Mel
PM sent Mel. And, Thanks