Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

rc's sound on a networked machine

Hi,I'm running radar contact on a networked machine and would like to know if it is somehow possible to play rc's sound on my fsx machine instead of my networked one.ThanksVic

Hi,I'm running radar contact on a networked machine and would like to know if it is somehow possible to play rc's sound on my fsx machine instead of my networked one.ThanksVic
the only way i know how to do it, would be to get a male/male audio cable. plug it into the audio out of the rc machine, and plug the other end into the audio in on the fsx machinelow tech, i know...jd

On you main PC, open MS RemoteDesktop as if you are going to remote controll you network PC.... login and then shrink it ...

the only way i know how to do it, would be to get a male/male audio cable. plug it into the audio out of the rc machine, and plug the other end into the audio in on the fsx machinelow tech, i know...jd

On you main PC, open MS RemoteDesktop as if you are going to remote controll you network PC.... login and then shrink it ...
Could you please elaborate on this ?ThanksVic

Thanks JD.

Start .. Programs...Accessories.. Remote Desktop Connection , enter your remote pc name and login to it....

Could you please elaborate on this ?ThanksVic

I would go for JD's option, not because it's low tech, but rather more efficient.It's hardware to hardware, and no other layer of software is involved.Although the remote desktop solution will work, the last thing you want is another resource hungry application running in the background for the sake of sound.What you probably need is one of these cables, and link the sound OUT (where the speakers normally go) on the networked machine to Line IN (usually the blue connector) on the FS machine sound device.Something like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-Male-M-Stereo-Audio-Adapter-Cable-3-5-mm-Mp3-4-/220703641325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3362f64eedOf course you have to make sure that the cable is long enough to join the 2 PCs sound devices.CheersGerald R.

I would go for JD's option, not because it's low tech, but rather more efficient.It's hardware to hardware, and no other layer of software is involved.Although the remote desktop solution will work, the last thing you want is another resource hungry application running in the background for the sake of sound.What you probably need is one of these cables, and link the sound OUT (where the speakers normally go) on the networked machine to Line IN (usually the blue connector) on the FS machine sound device.Something like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3362f64eedOf course you have to make sure that the cable is long enough to join the 2 PCs sound devices.CheersGerald R.
Yes, the cable is probably a better idea.Thanks :)Vic

Vic,the more realistic solution might be, to just plug in a set of headphones on your networked PC, and keep the FS PC for the Aircraft sounds ... More real world if you like.Adrian W.

Using headphones on the networked PC and running the 'normal' MS FS sounds through the speakers of the FS PC is more realistic and probably more cost effective, as you likely already have headphones. This would be more efficient and more realistic. That's a great suggestion.

More cost effective it will certainly be but the sound of the FS speakers might interfere with voice recognition.There are headsets for gamers (like Medusa Pro Gamer SL-8793) which internally have more than one set of speakers with separate connectors so you can plug one into the PC running FS and the other one into the one running RC4.agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Vic,the more realistic solution might be, to just plug in a set of headphones on your networked PC, and keep the FS PC for the Aircraft sounds ... More real world if you like.Adrian W.
This is the way I do it, and I like the results.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

This is very interesting; with the surround sound 5.1 headphones you would plug the FSX pc with the back speakers and the RC pc with the side and front speaker. Correct? And if you also use voice recognition software with RC you would connect the microphone to the fsx PC…. The software I use is Multi Crew Would this work?Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

More cost effective it will certainly be but the sound of the FS speakers might interfere with voice recognition.There are headsets for gamers (like Medusa Pro Gamer SL-8793) which internally have more than one set of speakers with separate connectors so you can plug one into the PC running FS and the other one into the one running RC4.agutz
This is very interesting; with the surround sound 5.1 headphones you would plug the FSX pc with the back speakers and the RC pc with the side and front speaker. Correct? And if you also use voice recognition software with RC you would connect the microphone to the fsx PC…. The software I use is Multi CrewWould this work?Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Pierre,sorry, I saw your post only today: Yes, it would work.MCE has to run on your FSX PC and that's where you plug your mic in. If RC runs on your client PC you just need one set of speakers pugged into the client PC. The other ones can you can use on your FSX PC.Having said this: It works as far as the mic/speakers setup goes but I have severe problems getting the MCE/RC combo running smoothly over a network. Maybe my rig isn't up to it.agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller