What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Dell 28" 4K moniters on sale for $218 with free shipping
- 50% off nearly everything at MV! Three days ONLY!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Mega sims sale
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- 737 and Misc Sim parts for Sale
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
. . .
FSX CTD with SmartAssembly error
Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:22 PM
Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:27 PM
Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:53 PM
Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:18 PM
Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:31 PM
Any chance you can tell us your procedural steps to narrow down the source of the problem? ;ost of us with lots of add-ons have a hard time with determining the source of a CTD (Admins: A CTD Debug Tutotorial would be most welcome!)Cheers,- jahman.
This is due to the saitek panel. I have the auto pilot and switch panel and have the same problem but they havent been able to solve it yet. Dont know what to tell you updating software hasnt helped and the only way you can stop it is to unplug the panels.
Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:25 PM
Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:59 AM
Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:04 PM
Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:49 PM
Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:37 PM
Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:10 AM
Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:58 AM
From the AVSIM CTD Guide:
Make sure required Microsoft.net Framework Packages are installed and up-to-date - The appropriate Microsoft.net Framework packages are normally installed when you first install FSX/Acceleration/P3D and commercial add-on programs if the appropriate package is not found. You will need versions 1.1 through the latest. You can see what versions are installed by going to your Windows Explorer and look for Windows/Microsoft.net/Framework/(then the versions installed). Once the packages are installed, Windows Update will periodically update the packages. You can verify whether your versions are properly installed and up-to-date by using the .Net Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide. Microsoft.net packages are used by developers to make sure the program runs in the way they intended, including memory management. The packages are, for the most part, not backward compatible.
Jim Young | Forums Director | AVSIM.com
You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS) | Screen Shot Rules
Countries Called Home By AVSIM Staff (click on the flag for more information about the country):