Sign in to follow this  
RustyFlyer

V-tail Instrumentation

Hi Folks,I love this airplane! I was wondering, though, if any of you have noticed the following:1) With regard to the Garmin 430 GPS, the two pages available in the NAV group appear to be the same. I seem unable to find the "Map" page within the NAV group. While a map is indeed displayed in the Waypoint group, I cannot locate the map for the actual flight plan within the NAV group of pages. Could someone point me in the right direction?2) In Cockpit view, when cycling through the respective subviews with the "A" key, I noticed that the subview for the radio/nav stack is 'dead'. That is, I am unable to activate or operate any of the instruments unless I switch to the primary VC view, and zoom into the radio stack from there. There seem to be no 'live' spots when in the specific, cycled cockpit subview of the radio stack/gps.Has anyone else experienced these two items, or would you recommend a reinstall to correct these two issues?Thanks a bunch!

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Hey Folks,The wonderful folks over at Carenado answered the questions regarding the GPS and the Radio-Stack VC subview:1) for the GPS map issue, they forwarded to me a copy of the Carenado Garmin 430 manual, wherein it states that, to access the Map page, one merely has to click on the actual printed letters "Default Nav" on the instrument's face.2) With regard to the 'dead' Radio-Stack VC subview, they indicated that this is indeed an anomaly, and they were kind enough to forward to me two replacement aircraft.cfg files (one each for the plain wing V-tail and and the tip-tank V-tail) that correct this issue.Enjoy the airplane, it is a real dandy, and for sure a real winner in my view! :(

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Hey Folks,The wonderful folks over at Carenado answered the questions regarding the GPS and the Radio-Stack VC subview:1) for the GPS map issue, they forwarded to me a copy of the Carenado Garmin 430 manual, wherein it states that, to access the Map page, one merely has to click on the actual printed letters "Default Nav" on the instrument's face.
Have you tried clicking on them, and does it work? Doesn't for me. Do you need to have a specific GPS item up on the screen for it to work, or ... ?Thanks,graaant

Have you tried clicking on them, and does it work? Doesn't for me. Do you need to have a specific GPS item up on the screen for it to work, or ... ?Thanks,graaant
Yes, It works for me on the GPS incorporated into the V-tail. You must actually click on the letters that spell out the words "Default Nav" and "GPS" on the right side of the unit above the knob. It is not a readily apparent knob, switch or click spot or anything like that, rather it is the actual printed letters themselves. If you look at the image on Page 1 of the Garmin GN430 manual that accompanies the V35 installation, and which is installed in the ...\carenado\bonanza v35b subdirectory of your FSX folder, you will see the actual area that must be clicked highlighted with labels and green arrows.Hope this helps!

Thanks much for the quick and most detailed reply -- won't be able to test for a while, but trust that your instructions are the best around, and won't bother again if I can't get the thing to work.It's a fine model ... seems a pity that this information couldn't be somewhere in the documentation: it's nice that Carenado sent you the Garmin manual (they haven't responded to a question I asked a while back), but this approach seems a bit dopey. An imperfect world, I suppose ...

Sigh ... found the Garmin manual where you pointed me (I'd scratched around looking for it before in the Airplane/Bonanza folders). Thanks much for taking the time to lead an old simmer who should know better by the hand to the directory, almost placing his fingers on the keys, for Pete's sake ... it's what makes this community great.My only excuse, if there is one, is that I was a somewhat irritated and speedy from not getting an answer from Carenado about resizing the tiny GPS ... but I suppose I owe them sort of apology ... and thanks for another fine model.Over & out ...

You're welcome...no problem at all, and no excuses necessary! Glad to have been of some help.It is a nifty model for sure, but then again so are all of Carenado's. Have fun and enjoy! B)Blue skies :(

Sigh ... found the Garmin manual where you pointed me (I'd scratched around looking for it before in the Airplane/Bonanza folders). Thanks much for taking the time to lead an old simmer who should know better by the hand to the directory, almost placing his fingers on the keys, for Pete's sake ... it's what makes this community great.My only excuse, if there is one, is that I was a somewhat irritated and speedy from not getting an answer from Carenado about resizing the tiny GPS ... but I suppose I owe them sort of apology ... and thanks for another fine model.Over & out ...

Thank you, this helped me too.Arnie

2) In Cockpit view, when cycling through the respective subviews with the "A" key, I noticed that the subview for the radio/nav stack is 'dead'. That is, I am unable to activate or operate any of the instruments unless I switch to the primary VC view, and zoom into the radio stack from there. There seem to be no 'live' spots when in the specific, cycled cockpit subview of the radio stack/gps.
This bums me out too. I also wish you could click on an icon like the FSX planes come with so you can put the radio stack on another monitor.Arnie

This bums me out too. I also wish you could click on an icon like the FSX planes come with so you can put the radio stack on another monitor.Arnie
Hi there, take a peek at the solution posted above:[ 2) With regard to the 'dead' Radio-Stack VC subview, they indicated that this is indeed an anomaly, and they were kind enough to forward to me two replacement aircraft.cfg files (one each for the plain wing V-tail and and the tip-tank V-tail) that correct this issue.Enjoy the airplane, it is a real dandy, and for sure a real winner in my view! smile.gif]The modified files sent to me by Carenado rectified the "dead spots" so that they became operational and 'clickable'. Although I have not looked to see if they posted updates specifically to correct this, but I would have thought that their latest installers incorporated the corrections. If not, I am sure Carenado would be more than delighted to forward same to you; they really are terrific folks.Let us know how you make out-Cheers, Rusty