Hi all, Just sharing what worked for me. -=-=-=-= LONG VERSION =-=-=-=- Having "jitter" or random spikes in joystick is a very common problem and happens a lot on old or just low quality potentiometers. Sadly, both Saitek yoke and throttle are plagued with this problem. Mine started with this problem after a few months, reaching a state where you can barely find a position where it won't jitter. Any software based solution is not an option for me as it creates a lag and can't 100% cure the problem anyway. Anyway, the thing was that my Yoke was "imported" by a friend from far abroad and I just couldn't (nor wanted) to send it back.For the sake of discussion I will mention that I had a simple DIY home made cockpit based on the Pro Flight Yoke, CH rudders , and custom throttle/prop/mix connected to my CH yoke electronics (yoke was overly worn).So, at some point, it was convenient for me to hook the custom throttle and the pedals to the Yoke. Then I discovered that if I feed the Yoke's USB hub with power, it behaves much better. But that didn't last too long. -=-=-=-= SHORT VERSION / "Executive Summary" =-=-=-=-What was really fixing the problem was:* Using "tuner cleaner" spray to clean the pots (compressed air didn't helped) - Helps a lot! but still, read below.* Keeping the Yoke's USB hub *unpowered** Keeping the Yoke's USB hub totally unused.* Keeping the Yoke's own USB CABLE connected DIRECTLY to the computer without any hub in the way.I believe that perhaps the USB issues are due to some defect in my yoke, but they were essential to make it really smooth and stable. No matter what was connected to the yoke, it caused instability. If you still feel lost with this annoying problem, give this a try. Make sure you are using a "tuner" cleaning spray which basically has fast vaporizing oily fluid for cleaning contacts.**Also, make sure to unplug your device when cleaning! *** (I think that this might caused my USB problem)Hope it helps someone as it did to me.Oren.

I have this problem what you're saying, when i plug in the yoke's usb the TQ powers up. [led light]the yoke remains unpoweredother devices on the same port works normally

what annoys me is that Saitek never reacts on reports about this issue. My Yoke has a not working timer panel [probably because it's in the PC all the time] and this jitter problem. Never had any comment of Saitek on my posts, like so many of us. It's such a shame, because the yoke would be an excellent product if it didn't have this jitter thing. I'll try the tuner-cleaner trick, though I know from radio-days that that won't last for long either. :Straight Face:

I had massive spiking issues when I bought the yoke two years ago. A spoke to a tech guy at Saitek who suggested a registry tweek. Solved the problem entirely. I will have a look to see if I can find it and post back.UPDATE:HERE IS THE SOLUTION THAT RESOLVED THE SPIKING ISSUE FOR ME: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, THIS ASSISTENCE FROM SAITEK WORKED FOR ME RUNNING VISTA 64ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU UNPLUG ANY OTHER JOYSTICK YOU HAVE, AS THE FRACTIONAL INPUTS FROM THESE DEVICES MAY INTERFERE AND CAUSE SPIKES ON THE VARIOUS CONTROL AXESHi,To recalibrate, first unplug the stick.Go to start/run and type regedit.The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlMedia PropertiesPrivate PropertiesDirect InputInside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.Once done, close the editor. Plug the stick back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.If the problem persists then test the device on another PC.