Sign in to follow this  
Scope

Will FSX work with SLI 470 GTX and surround gaming

The new feature with nvidia GTX 400-series it is possible to make it work like triplehead2go to span it over 3 screens if you have 2 cards in SLI.Have anybody tried it?Does it work?Does the "SLI-mode" slows down FSX?

The new feature with nvidia GTX 400-series it is possible to make it work like triplehead2go to span it over 3 screens if you have 2 cards in SLI.Have anybody tried it?Does it work?Does the "SLI-mode" slows down FSX?
Yeah I have it on my main Rig, it works just fine. I don't know if SLI is slower because I have never used just one 480 or 580 with TH2Go.

Guest freebird77

As it was from the begining it still is...SLI on a single display performs just a fraction slower untill you really crank up AA filtering at high resolutions especially when running into complex weather, then SLI is a benefit in the 20-30%+ range over a single version of the same card (tested 460/480/580) ..that is when you get it working (Thanks to Pong and others here for all the tips).IMO the noise from two 480s, even the 470 is very unpleasant. The noise of the 580 in SLI is not that bad, in fact on par with a pair of 460s, but one 480/580 in FSX beats a pair of 460s performance wise even at most extreme AA settings.As far as TH2go I beleive it worx fine, but wait for those who have it comment, I have not tried it with 4xx cards.

Guest veeray

scope: SLI works great as long as you just want more outputs.. it won't slow or speed up anything.

Guest freebird77
scope: SLI .... it won't slow or speed up anything.
Wrong.Even back in the day on 8800 there was an increase even when only 16xAA was available, much more so now with high IQ modes in 32xAA, its very very sweet looking.Click here >HardOPC"The benefit of SLI increased as we increased the antialiasing setting .....once you hit 16X AA there were some definite differences in performance. What this shows us is that with BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTX SLI we are not GPU limited in this game until we hit 16X AA, so basically 8X AA is for free, at least on the Intel platform" Cheers!

Guest veeray

THe FSX binary hasn't changed for 3+ years.. SLI didn't work then it won't work now.. this is basic physics if not common knowledge...

Guest freebird77
THe FSX binary hasn't changed for 3+ years.. SLI didn't work then it won't work now.. this is basic physics if not common knowledge...
More first-hand experience that didnt involve the actual hardware no doubt. :Liar: That link of FSX test in SLI mode must be just fictional as well as some of the users here who went through the steps to help get it working correctly. Would be more correct to say that SLI does not offer the benefits to FSX that it does to most other games that do take real advantage of it. :Loser: With the correct profiles & drivers setting up FSX for SLI can be done and the performance benefits exactly as I posted and was shown back in 07 are the same as today <as long as you are atcually using FSX with a working SLI profile.Cheers!

Guest veeray

Dude by default the Nvidia profile sets it to SLI.... that's how much you know about the situation. Stop embarassing yourself.;..

Guest freebird77
Dude by default the Nvidia profile sets it to SLI.... that's how much you know about the situation. Stop embarassing yourself.;..
Yep, you sure got me there, and it worx so swell from there too!Ahhh, ahhhh, dying hack...ahhhh cough, dying stagger.... cough .....ahhhh...... weeeeezmy, my last breath....muttering words....O h h Oh, also try to take advantage of what SLI can do with ultra high AA from the NVCP ...Oops!

I have not read much good about FSX and SLI. Many more reports of decreased performance than improved performance.You cannot do with two cards what tripplehead does. You can run 3-monitors on 2-cards but only 2- of the three monitors will span. The 3rd monitor can only be used for undocked views. You can still use it but not the same as Tripplehead.With 2-cards you hook up 2-monitors to one card then 1-monitor to the second card. This is not in SLI.Tripplehead will allow multi-monitors and permit spanning view across those monitors.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.