Sign in to follow this  
OPS1

CS757 or the QW757

I have had the CS757 for 2 years now. Well if im honest the first year was trying to work out how to fly the bird :Hypnotized: Anyway I think the CS757 cracks the mustard for me. The animations are awsome, just like the functional flightdeck windows etc etc. The CS752 wich i always fly now on VATSIM, has very good flight dynamics. The nose wheel steering is very realistic as it rolls more than any other add ons while taxing the 75. The FMC is good as it has a lot of SIDS/STARS already programmed into the FMC as you dont have to mess around going to navigraph and downloading procedures into it. The model is great on whole, if you stick the TSS RB211-535E4 sound pack on it, you feel the realism. What lets it down though, is the poor peformance it creates on your PC. I want to know if the QW757 has the majority of all the good features of the CS757, but with better peformance on your PC? Cheers, Tom Wowk (1084223)

I would def recommend the QW 757 over the CS 757 and this is coming from someone who has used both. Performance is great with the QW, have not had an issue with it bringing down my FPS at all. The FDE (designed by a real world 757 pilot) and sounds are by far the best I've had had in FS. Tons of high quality paints available and the guys over at QW are constantly enhancing the product. It has been the best $45 I've ever spent for this hobby. :wink:

CFII & Delta 737 First Officer

I would def recommend the QW 757 over the CS 757 and this is coming from someone who has used both. Performance is great with the QW, have not had an issue with it bringing down my FPS at all. The FDE (designed by a real world 757 pilot) and sounds are by far the best I've had had in FS. Tons of high quality paints available and the guys over at QW are constantly enhancing the product. It has been the best $45 I've ever spent for this hobby. :wink:
After reading this I decided to purchase the QW 757 because of all the complaints I had heard about performance issues with the CS product. But I have to say that I think the QW 757 is the WORST $45 I've spent on this hobby in a long time. The FPS are appallingly bad for a "lite" product. I have a pretty capable system and FPS are almost never an issue for me anymore, but this product drags my FPS down into the teens or at best low 20's. Anything below 24 fps is discernible to the human eye. Anything less than 20 fps destroys the illusion of real flight for me. I just wasted some money I could have purchased a great new scenery with. My advice to anybody reading this is do not purchase this product! With decent performance it would be a good "lite" product with some positive features and a few deficiencies. As it is, I will not be using it unless they come up with a further SP that addresses the FPS issue.

After reading this I decided to purchase the QW 757 because of all the complaints I had heard about performance issues with the CS product. But I have to say that I think the QW 757 is the WORST $45 I've spent on this hobby in a long time. The FPS are appallingly bad for a "lite" product. I have a pretty capable system and FPS are almost never an issue for me anymore, but this product drags my FPS down into the teens or at best low 20's. Anything below 24 fps is discernible to the human eye. Anything less than 20 fps destroys the illusion of real flight for me. I just wasted some money I could have purchased a great new scenery with. My advice to anybody reading this is do not purchase this product! With decent performance it would be a good "lite" product with some positive features and a few deficiencies. As it is, I will not be using it unless they come up with a further SP that addresses the FPS issue.
The problem is not with the plane, but your system. You have what would be considered today a mid range system, I do to, I have an E6850 @3.0Ghz 4GB and a 9800GTX card. The major bottleneck on your system is your GT430. While it's true FSX is CPU bound to a point, it also needs a high Texture Memory Bandwidth. 70GB/s is considered to be the sweet spot for FSX, and the higher the better (Mine is 70.4GB/s). Your card is only capable of 28.8GB/s. Even with a better card, with our type of system, we'd be hard pressed to get mid 20's+ with complex system aircraft, in any kind of detailed scenery area. For that you'd need the newer I7 systems running at 4+Ghz. That doesn't mean you still can't get acceptable results. You can look at my videos, to see the performance I get, and here is a full flight of the CS757 which you can get an idea of what you can expect. Remember, while I use GameCam, which is less resource hungry then FRAPS, recording still costs me about 2-3FPS so take that in consideration.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I own both products as well in FS9. I disagree the CS757 has great ground handling; the QW model beats it hands down as one doesn’t slid around corners like the aforementioned does. Other than that the CS model does have a great VC with many features but a lacking external model. Visually the QW external model is more realistically shaped especially around the nose/cockpit area. Both products don't quite get the feel of the 757 cockpit quit right but the forward panel in the VC of the QW model is pretty dead on. The overall VC in the CS model better than the QW model though. Looking around the Quality Wings VC reminds me of the dated PSS 757.I settled on the QW model as with the latest patch I don't have performance issues in FS9. Overall the QW 757 has better flight dynamics than CaptainSim's model who has never been one for great FDE's. I wish we could have a hybrid of both products which would offer the perfect virtual 757. An update was produced for the PSS 777's VC textures. I wish something like that could be done for QW's VC. Not the main panel in the VC but rather everything else. Again it looks like PSS’s 757. It's actually hard at times for me to choose between the two 757's. For the record I've reinstalled the QW 757 on my new Windows 7 setup and not the CS offering. I guess that's saying allot within itself. I guess you could say I don't feel like going through the hassle of dealing with CS for a reinstall. QW is painless and efficient another reason QW beats out CS on my end...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The problem is not with the plane, but your system. You have what would be considered today a mid range system, I do to, I have an E6850 @3.0Ghz 4GB and a 9800GTX card. The major bottleneck on your system is your GT430. While it's true FSX is CPU bound to a point, it also needs a high Texture Memory Bandwidth. 70GB/s is considered to be the sweet spot for FSX, and the higher the better (Mine is 70.4GB/s). Your card is only capable of 28.8GB/s. Even with a better card, with our type of system, we'd be hard pressed to get mid 20's+ with complex system aircraft, in any kind of detailed scenery area. For that you'd need the newer I7 systems running at 4+Ghz. That doesn't mean you still can't get acceptable results. You can look at my videos, to see the performance I get, and here is a full flight of the CS757 which you can get an idea of what you can expect. Remember, while I use GameCam, which is less resource hungry then FRAPS, recording still costs me about 2-3FPS so take that in consideration.
Thanks for the feedback Tom - you clearly know hardware and I definitely cannot argue with you on that score. But I don't use FSX - I am an FS9 holdout and get outstanding performance with many, far more complex and complete addons than the QW757. My system is fairly new and I pretty much put it together to maximize FS9 - products that used to challenge my old system now run perfectly. Great video by the way! :biggrin: Cheers mateIan

Thanks for the feedback Tom - you clearly know hardware and I definitely cannot argue with you on that score. But I don't use FSX - I am an FS9 holdout and get outstanding performance with many, far more complex and complete addons than the QW757. My system is fairly new and I pretty much put it together to maximize FS9 - products that used to challenge my old system now run perfectly. Great video by the way! :biggrin: Cheers mateIan
Ian do you have the latest version of the product and did you go into Config manager and adjust preferences to your system?Another thing you can do is stop by the Quality Wings forum and ask around for solutions. I had performance problems too with this bird until I adjusted a few things and got the latest version.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Morning, I have zero experience with the CS757 so I can't post to that. However..... I very much enjoy the QW757 and feel that package is a good deal what with if all the different air-frame/rngine combinations, panels, and available liveries...money worth spent. I'm "flying" this model more then the systems heavy PMDG and Wilco 737-XXX models I own basically because of the time saved from set up to flight. I am not a pilot-commercial or otherwise so I really don't feel like I'm missing a whole lot with the mid-range panels.The plan after all is to fly the plane somewhere, not run through check-lists and proceedures designed for a crew of two. I'm a trucker here in the US-this just cuts into my mandatory break time too much sometimes when all I want to do is fly the dang plane. I am not having the fram-rate problems that others here are posting on but then, I know what this laptop is capable of and have adjusted everthing down to get the best preformance possible-little things like dynamic scenery never lit my fire anyway. My frame-rates look to be consistent with my other models. About the only issue I have is in regard to A/T which seems to jump around-overspeed one minute then okay the next. I thought this might be due to the fact that I use HIFI's weather engines in real time and that the plane might be reacting to tail or head winds and the like. It is not, however, a deal breaker for me. My 2 cents worth 73 Mark

I've had both, but despite heroic efforts in customer support, the QW 757 seldom managed the climb speed properly on my install(s). If that isn't an issue for people, then there's no doubt it is a very nice product. Still, the Captain Sim 757 is probably my all-time favorite add-on and I have some of the McPhat repaints for good measure. CS is updating their bird and we'll see what that brings. There are good choices for Boeings these days, seems like whichever way you go.

...CS is updating their bird and we'll see what that brings...
I'm currently waiting for that. Depending on what they modify/add, I might reinstall the CS757 I think that both the CS757 and QW757 are good products. The QW757is a very good deal, given the amount of models and system functionality, but I always found it to be too simple. I want full control, enjoying the likes of the PMDG plans and LDS767 for exmaple, so in certain respects the QW757 lacks for my flying purposes. The CS757 certainly is mroe detailed in the systems department, but it has rough edges that might also put you off. It also has less models available than the QW757, but the available ones look stunning. The choice is quite hard. Think for yourself what you really want to have in your 757. More control/systems simulated to a higher degree? Then take the CS one. More models for less money at the cost of less system simulation? That'll be the QW757. Also note that the QW757 might perform better for you than the CS757. Ad for me? I'm not sure which oen I prefer more. I have not reinstalled the QW757 due to the reason I alreayd mentioned (I want more control), but also because of the Addon Manager which you need to activate the QW757. On the other hand, I remember the CS757 as being rather FPS intensive and not everything was always working the way it should. They are now making a patch, v4.5, so I'll be waiting and seeing what gets fixed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case