Sign in to follow this  
aliege

dlgalert.bmp

Hi All,I have never had this problem since I fly with FS9 but since a few weeks I had a error that tells me that dlgalert.bmp could NOT be loaded and crashes FS9.I know we are allready flying FSX but I am still stocked to FS9 would very very happy if someone out there that could tell what the problem is here.I have searche the internet and many forums but did NOT find the answer to my problems.PLEASE I would be very happy if anybody gives me the answer.Be sure I have tryd anything{reinstall and so on}Running on XP withATI 4870 Radeon graphics4 gig memoryThanks on advanceGeert Burgstrag.burgstra@ewetel.net

Your question has already been answered on the Flightsim forums.Just a friendly bit of advice..........Never post your e-mail address in this, or any forum, anywhere - unless you enjoy receiving spam.The "bad guys" use automated programs to troll forums seeking e-mail addresses which are then passed on to spammers.If you need to be contacted, ask folks to send you a PM (Personal Message) instead.

Your question has already been answered on the Flightsim forums.Just a friendly bit of advice..........Never post your e-mail address in this, or any forum, anywhere - unless you enjoy receiving spam.The "bad guys" use automated programs to troll forums seeking e-mail addresses which are then passed on to spammers.If you need to be contacted, ask folks to send you a PM (Personal Message) instead.
??Thanks for the advice "Opa" will follow it but on what flightsim forum my questen is answered?Here?

??Thanks for the advice "Opa" will follow it but on what flightsim forum my questen is answered?Here?
Again I looked at Flightsim but they allso could not find or give me the solution.Not only the dlgalert.bmp but allso the iconinfo.bmp gives me the throuble after a time off flying in FS9.But anywhere someday I hope I will find the solution or whats its causing this problem.hehehehRegardsGeert

Again I looked at Flightsim but they allso could not find or give me the solution.Not only the dlgalert.bmp but allso the iconinfo.bmp gives me the throuble after a time off flying in FS9.But anywhere someday I hope I will find the solution or whats its causing this problem.hehehehRegardsGeert
Geert,Do you mean dlgsplash.bmp? This is the only file I can think of and I think that is what the others are referring to.It should reside in the Flight Simulator 9\Uires directory. The file iconinfo.bmp also belongs there. It may be that you have somehow lost some files from there.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Geert,Do you mean dlgsplash.bmp? This is the only file I can think of and I think that is what the others are referring to.It should reside in the Flight Simulator 9\Uires directory. The file iconinfo.bmp also belongs there. It may be that you have somehow lost some files from there.John
No John,It is dlgalert.bmp and sometimes allso iconinfo.bmp.Strange they are both bmp,s that comes up with starting FS9 but I get the problem after a while of flying anywhere or any plane.So what the heck says me that they could NOT load those bmps right in the middle of a flight????Your gues is as good as miners,hehehe but I will find it somewhere somehow sometime,hahahahahGreetingsGeert

Sometimes the sim will pause briefly to load scenery mid flight and in that case both dlgalert.bmp and iconinfo.bmp will be pressed into service to display the loading progress dialog. You should extract MSGAME3.CAB again, this time replace all files in the Uires folder with those extracted to the temporary folder from the .cab file. That way you know you have original copies of everything MS intended to have in that folder. At least that way you can rule out missing or corrupted .bmps as the source of the error.Jim

It is dlgalert.bmp
Yes, I should have looked deeper - that file belings in the same place.I agree with Jim's suggestion - you need to make sure all the files are present in that directory.digalert.bmp is the image of the box in which you see the progress bar while things load.iconinfo.bmp is an image of a letter i in a small balloondlgsplash.bmp, which I wrongly mentioned, is the splash screen when you first start FS.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Yes, I should have looked deeper - that file belings in the same place.I agree with Jim's suggestion - you need to make sure all the files are present in that directory.digalert.bmp is the image of the box in which you see the progress bar while things load.iconinfo.bmp is an image of a letter i in a small balloondlgsplash.bmp, which I wrongly mentioned, is the splash screen when you first start FS.John
Thanks for both your suggestions but I allready did that{replaced that UIRES map from the CD2} But the message keep coming up even after a complete NEW installed FS9.Dont know whats going on here.Thanks sofarGeert