•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

All About External FPS LImiter

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny767

Johnny767

• Banned
  • 677 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

Gents,One thing I've seen alot is to have an external FPS limiter... I only use the FSX to 30fps locked....So, please how (or where do I get this FPS limiter....Is it an auto-installer application and done...or does i takes to disect the frog's belly....Please advisedThanks,John
Johnny

Posted Image

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 RelaxX

RelaxX

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 5 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:56 AM

Hi John,I wrote im my guide:

Limitation of the frame rate fps.

It doesn't make sense if the PC calculates and draws the screen content with a rate of 50 fps and more. That is simply a waste of valuable computing power. Hence it's better to limit the frame rate enabling the simulation to run smoother and with better image quality. We don't use the internal FPS limitation, because this function is a bit inefficient and consumes about 5 fps. We rather set the internal limiter to "infinite" and use an external FPS limiter from Marko Ludolph. You can download the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar and unpack it. Java should be installed on your computer to use this excellent limiter. You can move the directory FPS_Limiter_0.2 into the FSX-directory (e. g. C:\FSX). Then you start the user interface FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar. You accept the preset maximum fps of 30, select "Search Executable" and point to the FSX.exe file. Pushing "create bat" will create the batch file you need to start the FPS_Limiter_0.2 and the simulator FSX. You can increase and decrease the preset fps-limit on the fly using F12 and F11. You will find the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar with google. It is a small utility which needs no installation.

#3 Johnny767

Johnny767

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • 677 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

It doesn't make sense if the PC calculates and draws the screen content with a rate of 50 fps and more. That is simply a waste of valuable computing power. Hence it's better to limit the frame rate enabling the simulation to run smoother and with better image quality. We don't use the internal FPS limitation, because this function is a bit inefficient and consumes about 5 fps. We rather set the internal limiter to "infinite" and use an external FPS limiter from Marko Ludolph. You can download the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar and unpack it. Java should be installed on your computer to use this excellent limiter. You can move the directory FPS_Limiter_0.2 into the FSX-directory (e. g. C:\FSX). Then you start the user interface FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar. You accept the preset maximum fps of 30, select "Search Executable" and point to the FSX.exe file. Pushing "create bat" will create the batch file you need to start the FPS_Limiter_0.2 and the simulator FSX. You can increase and decrease the preset fps-limit on the fly using F12 and F11. You will find the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar with google. It is a small utility which needs no installation.

Tahnk you, brother, I installed it last night and works great !
Johnny

Posted Image

#4 SAX702

SAX702

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

Thank you for the clear explanation. Is there a way to turn off the frame numbers on the screen's upper left?Regards,David Vega
SAX702

#5 RelaxX

RelaxX

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Shift + Z

#6 DAD

DAD

Gamertag LH4371

• Members
  • 1,034 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

Shift + Z

hm, can I close the DOS window or does it have to stay opened, showing the 2 lines using renderer xyz and starting ..fsx.exe?phil
Phil Leaven

#7 RelaxX

RelaxX

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Shift + Z is the switch of the FPS counter of the FSX.To turn off the frame numbers on the screen's upper left you should edit the file fsx.exe.limited.bat: Set the parameter /x:ON to /x:OFF. The DOS window has to stay open or minimized. You should only close it after you exited the FSX.

#8 DAD

DAD

Gamertag LH4371

• Members
  • 1,034 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

The DOS window has to stay open or minimized. You should only close it after you exited the FSX.

thx
Phil Leaven

#9 DeanP1

DeanP1

• Inactive Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Has anyone tried this with Windows 7? I can't get application to open.

#10 RelaxX

RelaxX

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

I successfully run it with Windows 7 64 bit.

#11 Louis8

Louis8

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 8 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Sure wish some one would make a u-tube video on it cause i can't get it to work no how.
Louis Massicotte

Asus P6T X58 w/ Triple DDR3 2000, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan,1394,PCI-E,3 way CrossFireX/SLI
Mushkin XP3-12800 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR3 SDRAM (6-7-6-18), 6GB Triple Channel Kit
INTEL D Core i7 975 Extreme 3.2 GHz w/8MB Cache
Western Digital Veloci Raptor 150GB 10,000rpm SATA II w/ 16MB cache (2 of these)
NVidea GTX 280 PCI-E 2.0
ANTEC Twelve Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case 9( Monster)
ANTEC TruePower Quattro 1000W power supply
LG Super Multi security DCD writer 22x SATA, Black

#12 petkez

petkez

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Did you install the Bojotes tuning tool for FSX??http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Pete Richards
YSSY Sydney, Aussie relocated in remote northern Canada. CYXY Whitehorse Canada.

Alienware Aurora Desktop, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English, Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 920 (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache), 9GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - (3x 1024MB + 3x 2048MB), 2GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5970, 2x 500GB - SATA-II 3Gb/s 7200RPM 16MB Cache HDD,120GB Corsair Force Series SSD, FSX, FS2004, X-Plane, CH Products Yoke & Pedels, Trackir 5, PMDG 747X, PMDG MD11, PMDG J41, IFly737NG

#13 joshleeman

joshleeman

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

It doesn't make sense if the PC calculates and draws the screen content with a rate of 50 fps and more. That is simply a waste of valuable computing power. Hence it's better to limit the frame rate enabling the simulation to run smoother and with better image quality. We don't use the internal FPS limitation, because this function is a bit inefficient and consumes about 5 fps. We rather set the internal limiter to "infinite" and use an external FPS limiter from Marko Ludolph. You can download the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar and unpack it. Java should be installed on your computer to use this excellent limiter.You can move the directory FPS_Limiter_0.2 into the FSX-directory (e. g. C:FSX). Then you start the user interface FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar. You accept the preset maximum fps of 30, select "Search Executable" and point to the FSX.exe file. Pushing "create bat" will create the batch file you need to start the FPS_Limiter_0.2 and the simulator FSX.You can increase and decrease the preset fps-limit on the fly using F12 and F11.You will find the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar with google. It is a small utility which needs no installation.

Do u extract the entire contents of the rar into main fsx folder, or do u extract fps limiter to its own folder and add it to fsx main folder, because Ive tried both ways and get an error and wont open. Once you create the fsx.exe.limited file where do u put it, and thats what u click on to start fsx? Because I get a command prompt to open and it sais starting... and then gives error?
Posted Image

#14 RelaxX

RelaxX

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Sorry, I don’t remember anymore. I have removed the external limiter from my system and from my guide. I am now using the internal FPS limiter with great success.

#15 kaydub

kaydub

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 3 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Don't you have to have Java installed in order to utilize it?

Yes...
KAB200_sig4.jpg