AVSIM Publications - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
|DID YOU KNOW?|
File Library Updates!
The AVSIM File Library System will send you an email everyday at midnight EDT (0500 UTC) providing you a list of files, and direct links to those files, uploaded over the previous 24 hours by community contributors. Never miss a day of AVSIM Library uploads again! Sign up is easy and free. You can subscribe to the email list here.
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- (UK) Take On Helicopters - bundle edition 90% off!
- Don't miss MMMX!
- Taxi2Gate Mexico City 40% off
- Drzewiecki Design 30% off
- Aerosoft Presidents Day Sale
- Save money by pre-ordering Canberra PR9
- Milviz 350i on Presale Discount
- Aerosoft 737 Cockpit Builder Suite Source Code
- Kingston 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive $129.00 for 24 hours
- VRinsight MCP Combo II
- Flight Assignment: A.T.P.
- BUTTKICKER Gamer II
- Anyone have a used TrackIR they want to part with?
- Wanted - Trim wheel
- Sim rig pc parts
- Used EVGA GTX480
- Wanted : standing column yoke
- Ifly 737NGX Cockpit Builders Edition
- PFC Cirrus Flight Console (Serial Port) + PFC Pedals - $600 + Shipping
How to reload/refresh scenery
3 replies to this topic
Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:06 PM
I've seen people mention setting up a key for reloading/refreshing scenery only. I cannot find this entry in the FSX commands box anywhere. The only thing I found was reset flight or something to that effect. I thought it might have been Holger mentioning it somewhere.The reason I'm curious is I've been running some tests to figure out why a large variance in FPS causes stutters in my Track IR unit. These large variances occur usually when the autogen is loading a large area of trees or buildings. I want to be able to reload my scenery fast to do some more testing.On a site note... would disabling preload have anything to do with the FSX scenery database or autogen while the software is running? (I mean running in game not in the menu where it will load up if you sit idle).
Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:36 PM
RyanDisablePreLoad=1 - AFAIK this just speeds up the loading of scenery and textures and once FSX has started it has no further effect. If you have a lot of scenery and planes and/or AI software you will see that it "halts temporarily' at 6% so I'm not sure it really does speed up texture, etc loading. You could try it without as I only see a few seconds difference using an SSD. Just tried it with and without and bearing in mind that I have MTX 5.3a installed it takes 38 sec with value 1 and 41 seconds disabled. why bother?RegardsPeterH