Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How to reload/refresh scenery

I've seen people mention setting up a key for reloading/refreshing scenery only. I cannot find this entry in the FSX commands box anywhere. The only thing I found was reset flight or something to that effect. I thought it might have been Holger mentioning it somewhere.The reason I'm curious is I've been running some tests to figure out why a large variance in FPS causes stutters in my Track IR unit. These large variances occur usually when the autogen is loading a large area of trees or buildings. I want to be able to reload my scenery fast to do some more testing.On a site note... would disabling preload have anything to do with the FSX scenery database or autogen while the software is running? (I mean running in game not in the menu where it will load up if you sit idle).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It is there, just found it myself yesterday. There is no key assigned to it by default, but if you select all assigments, and scroll all the way down to R letter, you'll find it. Don't remember what it is categorized as.

RyanDisablePreLoad=1 - AFAIK this just speeds up the loading of scenery and textures and once FSX has started it has no further effect. If you have a lot of scenery and planes and/or AI software you will see that it "halts temporarily' at 6% so I'm not sure it really does speed up texture, etc loading. You could try it without as I only see a few seconds difference using an SSD. :( Just tried it with and without and bearing in mind that I have MTX 5.3a installed it takes 38 sec with value 1 and 41 seconds disabled. why bother?RegardsPeterH

Thanks I found the key binding!Yeah my FSX takes a while so I normally start it, then get to the acft screen, select my plane, and it's already loaded. Otherwise it won't load unless i hit Fly Now.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |