Thanks for the good advice and screen shot....................
You are most welcome. If you need any help and I can assist, just let me know.Kind regards,

I used MSI afterburner and overclocked the GTX 580(seetings similar to Spiritflyer doing gradual changes) I have a well vented case but not a EVGA backplate I notice spiritflyer your GPU temperature is 34 c is that with FSX running?. what would be considered and overheating temperature? I had some high 60-70c yesterday and system crashed after 30 minute flying. solution up the fan to 85% its noisy but system now stable and temperature running FSX is about 49-50c. Dont mind the noise hehe. note room was very warm in Perth western Australia yesterday. How does EVGA backplate work?.....................Is that how you get 34C. note: I also had it overclocked CPU at 4.7 backed it back to 4.5 I think this could have caused crash.

We need to unpin this 480GTX vs 580 GTX thread when some FSX tests become available with the Nvidia 600 Series cards. I won't be a first adopter this time, so someone needs to step up to the plate!Kind regards,

How does EVGA backplate work?.....................Is that how you get 34C
Sorry, only just saw this.It idles between 32 - 34c ish but runs in the high 50s or low 60s when full blown working hard in FSX at high OC in CPU and GPU. I have a lot of high speed fans that pulls a lot of air through and out of the case! The backplate seems to help, but not certain. Looks good though!Kind regards,

You're right (unpinned). Hopefully someone steps up with a real good comparison, like yours.

Hi Paul,Ben is right. The 570 GTX is as near to a 580GTX you can get at a much lower cost. After looking around online this seems to be as good a deal as I could find. If I was going to buy a new video card, this would be the one.http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130613Kind regards,
Now how in the world did I miss this thread? I just received this week a new EVGA GTX 560 Ti card with 2gb of ram. Paid around 30 bucks less but still...Ah well, I am sure I will be happy with my purchase.

Since a number of people have been asking about the relative performance of various video cards leading up to the new Nvidia 600 series, I though this information might be helpful. Even though now over a year old, the data is still relevant.

Kind regards,

I havent posted for awhile as im working in china, my son tells me the INTEL CORE i7 2700K 3.5GHz 8MB overclocked via ASUS software to 4.5 GHZ stable, CORSAIR COOLING HYDRO H80 CPU COOLER, ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD, G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR3 RIPJAWS X C9 1600MHZ, Hard Drive 1 CORSAIR FORCE 3 240GB 2.5" SSD SATA3 550/520 (FSX installed in separate folder C:\FSX), Hard Drive 2 WD CAVIAR GREEN 3.5" 2TB 7200/64MB/SATA3 (miscellaneous software and data). Graphics Card 1 GEFORCE EVGA GTX580 SC 794M/4050M 1536MB/D-DVI/HDMI. Graphics Card 2 NONE, PIONEER 24x SATA DVD-R/RW/DL BLACK OEM. Case ANTEC NINE HUNDRED 900 TWO V3 GAMING CASE.CORSAIR 1050W HX-1050 MODULAR POWER SUPPLY. Operating System MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL OEM/64BIT.

Its still performing strong - no problems

interesting i have also a mac book air running windows 8 on Bootcamp partition and its runs really well Haswell intelI5 processor 1.3 SSD drive is 128 with boost but its only running on 11inch screen but its incredibly smooth...

Question can a FSX setup fit into micro ATX case and still keep temperatures down has anyone done it?