Sign in to follow this  
DieselTen

FS9 won't boot / start anymore

Hello dear flightsimmers,all of a sudden, my FS9 won't boot any longer. :( It even does not get to show the splash screen. The moment I click the FS9.exe I see in the Windows Task-Manager application tab, for only a brief second or so a "SysFader".I have just previously installed a texture for the Level-D 767 and the DC-9-30 from HJG (including its panel) before the last time I had run FS9 successfully. Of course, I removed all files related to aforementioned add-ons, system rebooted, however, the result is the same. I am not aware of any other updates on my system. I have WinXP Home 32bit, an ATI graphics card, and well, I can't for the life of me think of anything that could cause this sudden objection of my FS9 installation.Has anyone else heard of or seen or even experienced this before?It would be great if anyone has some tips. I hope a complete re-installation of FS9 can be avoided *gulp*. That would be smashing. :( Thank you all,Rafael

You might also need to consider doing a system restore to a date before your 767 and DC-9 installs.David

hello guys,thanks so much for your tips. Weird enough, I have now figured all the mess was caused by the last update of my AntiVirus (AVIRA) software as of December 13th 2010! Damn. So for now, I did a system restore from a date before, uninstalled and reinstalled AntiVirus (version from 15 Nov.), without letting it update for the time being.FS9 runs again. :( ...that was tight.Again, thanks to you all for your helpful suggestions!

Never used AVIRA, it gets a good write up. It seems that it constantly scans your computer, has it got a "game mode" you can toggle the program off before starting FS9. Just a thought !