Sign in to follow this  
Dutch727

Small Christmas present for you RC users

Hi all,I've been enjoying RC, with only one drawback -- getting hit on the ground by crazed/blind AI pilots. I think maybe I solved the problem, and here's a link to the solution:http://www.fscaptain.net/downloads/GCAS100.zipThis is a small, simple gauge you can put in any aircraft. It monitors ground AI traffic using FSUIPC, and if anything is headed towards you it will stop them. More details in the README.While it's particularly useful for us RC users it doesn't require RC to be useful -- it works anywhere anytime. The gauge (which is visible as a single green light) can be placed where it is invisible and the gauge will still work automatically. It works in FS9 and FSX and doesn't seem to affect frame rates at all. I can't think of any drawback, actually, except the small effort it takes to put it on a panel.I hope this makes your RC flying a little better and a little safer! Happy Holidays from the FSCaptain team!Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

"Have you ever just completed a long flight and be heading for your gate when some blind and/or suicidal AI pilot rear ends you, "If it works as good as the readme, I like it.JimCYWG

Guest nzch2010

Thanks Dutch, much appreciated.Straight%20Face.gif

Thanks ever so much for the great little gauge.With a little judicious editing of the placement coordinates (if you want to actually see the gauge) and the size numbers (if you want the green light smaller) it can be placed on any panel.Works like a charm for me (FS2004). Tis awesome to be able to stop a 747 in it's tracks when I am in a Beech Baron! B) Thanks again! :( :( :(

Thanks for the feedback, glad you guys are enjoying being treated with the respect you deserve by the AI pilot's association :)Regards,Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Guest nzch2010
Thanks for the feedback, glad you guys are enjoying being treated with the respect you deserve by the AI pilot's association :)Regards,Dutch
I liken it to a 88mm anti tank gun for fsx. Happy xmas Dutch. Straight%20Face.gif