Sign in to follow this  
agutz

Leave Freq for Wx

Since I installed ASE sp2 (Build: 642) I have a similar problem as Al Jordanhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/321035-rc-pauses-starting-40nm-crossing/but my setup is different, so I start a new thread.I takes more than the allotted 4 minutes to get weather, no matter if I have the comms or Otto. There is a long delay before and after I get the information. After this RC response is normal.I run FSX and ASE (depiction mode: standard) and UT2 (commercial traffic 40%, GA 20%) on the same PC. RC4 (no pre-recorded chatter, no display text) runs on the client PC.FSUIPC.ini has UseASEweather=Yes.FSUIPC is 4.641WideClient is 6.837agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Since I installed ASE sp2 (Build: 642) I have a similar problem as Al Jordanhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/321035-rc-pauses-starting-40nm-crossing/but my setup is different, so I start a new thread.I takes more than the allotted 4 minutes to get weather, no matter if I have the comms or Otto. There is a long delay before and after I get the information. After this RC response is normal.I run FSX and ASE (depiction mode: standard) and UT2 (commercial traffic 40%, GA 20%) on the same PC. RC4 (no pre-recorded chatter, no display text) runs on the client PC.FSUIPC.ini has UseASEweather=Yes.FSUIPC is 4.641WideClient is 6.837agutz
make a log, duplicate the issue, zip it up and send it to me.jd

JD,I tried to send you a RC log related to my related thread mentioned in the opening post, to no avail. It was zipped and 3MB in size, but was "undeliverable" to the jd[at]jdtllc.com, as described in the "How to send me a log", pinned at the top of this forum. I still have the log and bounce messages is you have another means to receive them. But, please read below first.What I honestly beleive is now happing with RC, and the new FSUIPC -> Activesky/ATIS feature, RC is spending way too much time (slow) getting the ATIS weather directly from ActiveSky Evolution (ASE). This (slowness) occurrs both at the "leaving to get whether" routine, near the 40nm transiition, and again when contacting tower and you get the final winds (takes a long time for RC to come back with the weather reports. It's as if RC is spending an inordinate amount of time parsing the large Activesky weather snapshot file or reading it from memory (or however it works). Once this slow resonse occurs, you have to wait a long time before the RC controller comes back and continues. This drastically affects the minimal time needed to begin the approach descent (especally on VNAV into an ILS) shortly after crossing the 40nm restriction and again when tower takes to long (looking up weather) and you're already landing when tower comese back with "cleared to land." Again, becasuse it was taking too long getting the weather.According to the latest FSUIPC release notes, the new FSUIPC.ini switch "Activesky = yes" has no affect when using ActiveSky in the DWC mode which as of ASE SP2, RC will always get approach/landing weather (taking too long for controller resonses). By using the switch, you can force RC to read ASE ATIS even when using ASE station-based (standard) mode.So in conclusion, maybe you, Pete, and Damien can give this weather parsing delay a once-over? I've tried RC both on my normal WideFS rig. colocated directly with ActiveSky, and directly on the FSX game rig - same resonse time (slow) getting weather. I intend to cross-post this discussion in the ASE and FSUIPC forums.I am off from work for the remainder of the year (lots of beer - I mean FS time) available over the Holidays, if I can be of any testing help.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I had the same problem.I've just unchecked "Interact with AI" "AI chatter" and "Pre-recorded chatter".It's better now especially with "interact with AI" unchecked

Interact with AI offers some protection via RC especially when you are on final and in some cases enroute against AI conflicts. That part is a low resource user.Display Text is a higher resource user. The constant AI Prerecorded chatter is of high use and is totally random and dense. It does not relate to what is going on around you and is there for ambiance. AI Chatter is also an audio compiled process that relates to hearing AI/ATC conversations on the same frequency in relation to what traffic surrounds you. It deliberately has been limited in scope to consume less resources at dense times. The traffic notification calls can help with situational awareness.In case this has not been mentioned, it is advised to use a separate audio card, not a system on the motherboard, to improve efficiency.

I had the same problem.I've just unchecked "Interact with AI" "AI chatter" and "Pre-recorded chatter".It's better now especially with "interact with AI" unchecked
interact with ai MUST be checked. strongly recommended that you check AI chatter as wellpre-recorded can be unchecked, and i would uncheck it if i were youjd

I have updated my findings in both the HiFi forum and on Pete's FSUIPC forum, here and here.Basically, while using ASE SP2 Standard mode, if I have the new "UseASEWeather=yes" switch in the FSUIPC.ini file, then RC slows down, just as it always had with DWC enabled in ASE. If I set that new switch to UseASEWeather=No, then RC acts as it always did, with poor ATIS arrival and anticipation of AI. It doesn't matter if I run RC on the client PC with ASE, or directly on the FSX PC, same symptoms.I have years of experience with RC and HiFiSim and I would like to run DWC mode with my airliners like other are now reporting, without RC slowing down intollerably. ASE, FSUIPC, and WideFS logs (zipped) are attached to the post on Pete's forum - one zip for Standard mode with the new switch enabled, and one zip with the new switch disabled.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Just to update, this is from my last flight (EBBR - LFSB):I ran FSX and ASE ( Build: 642, depiction mode: DWC) and UT2 (commercial traffic 50%, GA 30%) on the server PC.RC4 (no pre-recorded chatter, no display text, tune on contact off) voice-interfaced by IYP on the client PC.FSUIPC.ini has UseASEweather=Yes.FSUIPC is now 4.645WideClient is now 6.838RC4 response was normal, except when weather was involved.When Otto asked to leave freq for weather at 50 nm out it took 55 seconds till he was back, on contact tower it was 25 seconds before he got the winds from RC4.I'll do a log next time.agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Just to update, this is from my last flight (EBBR - LFSB):I ran FSX and ASE ( Build: 642, depiction mode: DWC) and UT2 (commercial traffic 50%, GA 30%) on the server PC.RC4 (no pre-recorded chatter, no display text, tune on contact off) voice-interfaced by IYP on the client PC.FSUIPC.ini has UseASEweather=Yes.FSUIPC is now 4.645WideClient is now 6.838RC4 response was normal, except when weather was involved.When Otto asked to leave freq for weather at 50 nm out it took 55 seconds till he was back, on contact tower it was 25 seconds before he got the winds from RC4.I'll do a log next time.agutz
did you send me a log? if you did i haven't seen it. if you haven't, make a log, duplicate the problem, and zip up the log and send it to me.jd

interact with ai MUST be checked. strongly recommended that you check AI chatter as wellpre-recorded can be unchecked, and i would uncheck it if i were youjd
ok thanks a lot for those advices...and in fact it's true that the display text option slow down radar contact.

I am long time user of what is now ASE(Build: 642) and RC4.I have never figured out how to use a ASE DWC mode with RC4 without RC4 getting the "slows".I have tried every fix known to man and nothing works.In ASE I have changed from DWC to STANDARD mode and now RC4 works at normal speed.ASE wx, however, is not as good as DWC mode but that is the trade off I live with.Hopefully, there will be a fix one day that will enable DWC and RC4 to work together with RC4 at its normal speed.zach

In the mean time I have thoroughly defragged client (RC4, FSC) and server (FSX, ASE in DWC mode) PCs using O&O.It really helped. Inflight weather I got in 35" (compared to 120 before), 50nm out was 45'', tower was bit slow (60'').jd has the log.Most important: RC4 response was normal throughout the flight (I'm using IYP as a voice-interface).agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

zach,it's payware (oo-software.com), unfortunately, but recommended by Nick_N etc.It works well to keep the 10000 wav files of RC4 in order..agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller