Sign in to follow this  
glassman2005

[TRUSTED] Section - Weirdness.....

I have a customer who has the oddest FSX behavior I've ever seen. Somehow, after installing add-on software, FSX never prompts for whether the user should trust the add-on, or not. Yet, somehow, automatically, entries are getting put into the FSX.CFG [TRUSTED] section with a value of "-1" and "-2" (which I believe mean untrusted) even though the user was never prompted with the question, and never responded yes or no to the trust prompt.I edited his FSX.CFG file and removed all entries in the [Trusted] section, hoping this would somehow clear the problem after FSX was restarted. But mysteriously again, after re-starting FSX, it put entries for the gauges right back into the [trusted] section with the untrusted (negative value) settings, without ever prompting for whether to trust or not.I suspected that FSX itself was perhaps completely messed up, and although I am usually the last one on the planet to suggest a re-install of FSX, I went ahead and did this for the customer. I completely un-installed FSX, and then re-installed from the original DVD's. Then I applied SP1 and SP2 since his DVD's were RTM's. Upon starting FSX again after all that work, not even the stock gauges showed up. When I looked into FSX.CFG again this time, the [Trusted] section had been populated by entries for all the stock gauges, but all the values were set to -1 and -2 for all the stock gauges. I managed to get those stock gauges working again by editing FSX.CFG and changing the value on the stock gauges to be =2, and the stock gauges returned successfully. But I still have the same problem with anything other than stock gauges. The entires are automatically appearing in the [trusted] section with negative values, so are therefore flagged as untrusted, even though the user never answered the question in the first place.Has anybody ever seen this? Any ideas? I'm stumped, and I thought I knew stuff......

Thank you so much. That was exactly it. And Lefteris, if you are out there watching, many thanks for that blog entry, I had no clue what was going on.

Thank you so much. That was exactly it. And Lefteris, if you are out there watching, many thanks for that blog entry, I had no clue what was going on.
You can likely offer your thanks in a response on his blog.Glad to hear you found the answer to the problem.