Sign in to follow this  
calypso

New Ilyushin Il-18 released (freeware)

It's been a while since we've had a major release on the Russian front (sorry).There has been an Ilyushin Il-18 available for a while now, but this release is much more detailed and features a fully working VC and a full passenger cabin!Very nice it is too.http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/il-18-34726.html?action=download&hl=img34726_1.jpgimg34726_2.jpgimg34726_3.jpg

John

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Looks great!<div><br></div><div>Aaah, one of the authors is Kirill Konovalov. Suddenly, I'm not surprised any more. He has worked on more aircraft, but sadly not many of them come to an actual release, usually because the gauges are never finished (Kirill usually does the modeling)</div>

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for the heads up comrade, that looks great.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, with a little help from Google Translate, I did manage to power up the systems and start the APU.Got the engines running too eventually (no Ctrl E here) and took her up for test flight.She handles beautifully with a slow and heavy feel, as it should.I found myself using both the 2D panel and the VC, although I am sure it would be possible to avoid the 2D panel altogether.Autopilot is stable and I used it to make a coupled ILS approach into Geneva airport (LSGG), my home town.Still a lot to learn, but a few more flights should do it. :( Highly recommended.

John

Yup, downloading that baby now. It is a 54Mb DL if anyone is curious.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Been waiting for this IL-18 update for a long time. The new model and VC are great.

Guest Snapper

Hi, Model is great and with great VCs.Just one question.I don't think my gauge is working correctly, Some gauge seems to be not working well, Speed indicator, VS indicator and Altitude indicator is dull.I've installed 2D panel too. placed it to panel folder in IL-18 folderCan you tell me where exactly the gauge file have to go? or what file should be on which folder?Thanks for beautiful bird.

@SnapperThe IL-18 installer is incomplete as it doesn't install some gauges which the panel.cfg requires. e.g. STT_baro_2_V1_0.gau and I think STT_IL62_N_V1_03.gau -Without these gauges you won't have a working altimeter or VSI.rumor has it that the IL-38 installer has those gauges, but I got them from the FSX Tu-154 package and the old IL-62M beta lying around.

Oh, looking very cool!Does it work with fsx? and can you share more screen shots.thanks

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Couldn't find paintkit anywhere so I decided to make clean textures for this bird.1_qaxqpe.jpg2_qaxqps.jpg

Oh, looking very cool!Does it work with fsx? and can you share more screen shots.thanks
The gauges won't work in FSX. Most of them are originally from the old model here - http://il18.fluo.net/
Couldn't find paintkit anywhere so I decided to make clean textures for this bird............
Is that for the new or old model? The paintkit you uploaded to the library says its for Edgar Guinart's IL-18 - he released the old Project IL-18 model with some changes to the panel.

It's been a while since we've had a major release on the Russian front (sorry).There has been an Ilyushin Il-18 available for a while now, but this release is much more detailed and features a fully working VC and a full passenger cabin!Very nice it is too.http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/il-18-34726.html?action=download&hl=img34726_1.jpgimg34726_2.jpgimg34726_3.jpg
Thanks for the heads up John, nice to hear from you again. How is the Fiat 500 these days :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave. Had to sell the 500 I'm afraid. Rust had started to become a serious problem.It went to a young Italian mechanic who said he could sort out the rust, so I'm glad it went to a good home. :( Back on topic ......if you "walk" down the passenger cabin on the Il-18, right back to the tail, you'll find the VIP section!vip.jpg

John