Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Help - ASE SP2 ATIS delay to RC

Jim or Damian,I would like to refer you to a discussion and my analysis over in the Radar Contact forum - regarding the new functionality of getting RC to use ASE weather - it takes too long to parse and is cuasing RC voice resonse delays in the critical approach and landing phases of the flight. A moment of your time reading the analysis would be greatly apprciated.Happy Holidays to you and yours...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/321640-leave-freq-for-wx/page__view__findpost__p__1897432

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,Try running RC on a different CPU core when you get a chance.

Hey Jim,What I've been able to figure out is, if I use the "Standard" mode without the new "UseASEWeather" switch (UseASEWeather=No) in the FSUIPC.ini file, then all is well and RC acts as before SP2 (including poor arrival ATIS reports for RC). But, if I change the switch to "UseASEWeather=Yes" while still in ASE Standard mode, then I get the exact same delayed responses in RC that we had all seen while using ASE in DWC mode. So, using Standard mode with the new switch causes RC (slow response) delays as well. This is with ASE running on my Simconnect-Client/WideClient PC and I get the same slow responses from Radar Contact whether I run it on the Client or direclty on the FSX PC. I have also tried reinstalling ASE with the original ASE full installer and just the SP2 update to no avail - same symptoms.From what I have seen, DWC mode looks good and I'd really like to use it with RC like others seem to be - but, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why I might be seeing the opposite results. :( I have two zips of ASE, FSUIPC, and WideFS logs, one for each Standard scenario (with and without the new FSUIPC UseASEWeather switch) if you or Damian should find them useful. I can't seem to attach them to this post but I can e-mail them if desired.These same logs are attached to Pete's reply on his forum here:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE