Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

Ms Flight new photos

Hi!Microsoft has posted new photos! http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Hmmm... I was sorta hoping they weren't going to use the same basic textures. Ie it does look like X with some newer textures in some areas. And blurries :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm... I was sorta hoping they weren't going to use the same basic textures. Ie it does look like X with some newer textures in some areas. And blurries :(
They may use temporary artwork from previous generation, while working on new features. Does anybody noticed nice shorelines on the water?

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter

Well... I remember the FSX screenies too well. How they looked - and what we got...

I think it looks really good for this early stage of development. And think of the potential that exists here for third party developers to improve upon. I'm personally quite excited for Flight now.

I think these screenies quite good.Having been a bit underwhelmed with the last video, I must say this has got me excited again about FLIGHT.Hopefully this will be an amzing looking sim base if the shots are enything to go by this early on in development.

I am not too impressed with what they have shown thus far. However, I do feel that they have set a really nice looking platform to build upon. The autogen looks a lot fuller. The clouds and overall appearance has been improved on very nicely.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Looks good so far, but i'm still more concerned about what they do with weather related items, like volumetric clouds and a fix to the instant visibility changes you get when climbing in or out of IMC, and low level haze that stays when climbing rather than disappearing and showing the ground below. As well as better precip effects that were more like what we had in FS9 and not the horrible looking snow we have in FSX.It will surely be interesting to see how Flight progresses in the next few months though.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Nice pics, but that doesn't really show us a lot to be honest, I can have FSX look like that if I want 12FPS. Show us a video of it and tell us the specs of the computer that is running it and I'll be ready to be more convinced. Not saying it won't be great, but a static screenshot doesn't tell us anything about how it actually is as a flight sim or how it performs on today's hardware. Jury is still out.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The screenshots look really great! Flight is looking even better than I thought it would! Big%20Grin.gif

Brandon Filer

I don't get why is everyone so sceptical! I was literally drooling over those shots as I saw them. It's an early development, so I believe there is much space for advance.I think it's unfair to respond with "how will it perform" etc. FS(X) is THE heaviest computer game, graphically considered. It maybe doesn't use the latest and the greatest, but is also something that is developed each couple of years. There is virtually no "problem" with FSX performance, just that it requires very much power to process what it wants to show you, that's all. And then we simmers come in, with addon aircraft, addon scenery, addon clouds, higher resolutions, further views to avoid blurries. What really do you expect?I believe much of optimization can be done, and I hope they achieve that with Flight. Plus some other neat features, like those shores and cliffs they show in the shots.Anyway, big thumbs up Microsoft, and make it right this time!

I hope they use the grass texture from pic 3 and use it around airports.