Sign in to follow this  
FlyAndFight

Micro-stutters with Saratoga

Hello! I just purchased the Saratoga today and have done several quick flights to check her out and I really like the aircraft except for the fact that I'm getting a tiny stutter every second or so. It's happening even with Frame-rates in the 20's. I loaded up the exact same flight with different aircraft (both default and addons) and did not experience these stutters. The stutters are in both the VC and when viewing the aircraft externally. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is there a way to solve the stutters?I appreciate any suggestions.Thanks.

Alexander Alonso

I figured it out myself.The stutters are caused by the GPS unit. The GPS doesn't cause this in any other aircraft. Not sure why Carenado's is the only one. Perhaps a Carenado rep can explain it someday.In any case, I went into the Panel.cfg folder and took out the GPS by adding the "//" before the line, as follows:[Vcockpit03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_archer_3//gauge00=FSGPSCarenado3!gps_500, 7,6,369,310

Alexander Alonso

Haha I was going to post something about it being the GPS but my browser crashed and I didn't feel like retyping all of it.The default GPS (and any other gauges that use its map) hit fps and cause stutters pretty bad (despite having a slowwwwwwwwww refresh rate). For example when I got rid of the default GPS in the Realair Duke and I added in the RXP GNS430W, my fps went up by at least 5 and it was a lot smoother.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Thanks for the info on the GPS, Kiwikat! Just as you said, even though it's got a slow refresh rate, for some reason, it's hitting the Saratoga pretty bad. Since my little editing of the Panel.cfg, it's not working in the VC but when I pop it up using the Shift-2 keys, back come the stutters. But I can deal with it for just the few seconds needed to view the GPS every now and then.What I found strange is that the frame-rate is fine, even during the stutters.

Alexander Alonso