Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FSX good fps but much too 'jerky'

The external limiter should help you.I FINALLY was able to get it working in Windows 7 on my new install.Here I just uploaded it to skydrive:http://cid-408ca931940d5e3c.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/FPS^_Limiter^_0.2.rarUnzip it too a folder, run the .jar file, and select the fsx.exe location and create bat. Then you run the .bat file instead of the normal fsx.exe. F11 decreases fps by 1 and F12 increases.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The 'locked spot view' is not one I ever want (hate the 'dead' feel to it) - the normal spot view is fine now. I have downloaded the limiter in any case, thanks for the linkMartin

Hm what I was thinking while reading this thread is something I myself just can't get rid off: stutters caused by the VSync option. If I have VSync of, I get many stutters, though my framerate is stable at or around 30 FPS, but when I turn it off the tearing annoys me (although the sim is sooo smooth)! It's a difficult choice hehe since the jerky feeling with VSync turned on is really annoying as wel.. so maybe your are experiencing this as well?

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Not sure - what 'tearing' do people mean when they refer to VertSync? I don't think I get that problem (with VertSync on). You got a screenshot maybe?M.

Not sure - what 'tearing' do people mean when they refer to VertSync? I don't think I get that problem (with VertSync on). You got a screenshot maybe?M.
Although not from FSX, this is what people refer to when they talk about image tearing. It usually happens when VSync is off.GGDSG_19.jpg

I just see the words 'Posted Image' - no link or pic ???
Hmmmm, that's odd. Here's a link to the image.http://www.tweakguides.com/images/GGDSG_19.jpg

5 years? So you never changed anything once you got your i7?
They did my other machine and then did my new one. But no, once it was done, I havent touched a setting since.

Jay

When I click on that link I get a page saying 'Hotlinking Blocked' (This site is linking directly to an image without permissionTo view the original image visit www.TweakGuides.com).. not to worry!M. :-)

When I click on that link I get a page saying 'Hotlinking Blocked' (This site is linking directly to an image without permissionTo view the original image visit www.TweakGuides.com).. not to worry!M. :-)
Bah.ggdsg19.jpg

This is odd (AVSIM?) - the image was there yesterday, now there are just the words "Posted Image" again - no picture or hyperlink. What's going on? Checked on my laptop (XP) - same thing.M.