Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Project Airbus/Wilco Merge

Does anybody know how to merge the exterior model of a project airbus (assuming you have an FSX model) with the Virtual cockpit of the Wilco Airbus A320? I know it is possible because a user on Youtube had done this, but he has not yet responded to my message. Any help is appreciated, thanks!Straight%20Face.gif

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Does anybody know how to merge the exterior model of a project airbus (assuming you have an FSX model) with the Virtual cockpit of the Wilco Airbus A320? I know it is possible because a user on Youtube had done this, but he has not yet responded to my message. Any help is appreciated, thanks!Straight%20Face.gif
It's relatively easy, if you are comfortable editing config files. Normally you would merge from Panel to Model, for standard FS Models, but it's the opposite when merging complex aircraft like the Wilco. These are the steps.1 Make a copy of the Wilco A320 folder (So you can still use the wilco models if you want too.)Working with the copy you just made2. Copy the PA Model folder into it. Call it something unique like say model.PA3. Copy the interior .MDL file from the Wilco Model folder to the Model.PA folder you just created. 4. Edit the model.cfg file and add the line "Interior=xxxxxx (Wilco interior model name)5. Copy in the PA texture folders you want to use. 6. Copy a texture.cfg file (You can get one from one the default aircraft texture folders) into each one of those.7. Create a "Texture" folder8. Copy the files that begin with "cock", "interior", "misc" and "panel" from a Wilco texture folder in it.9. Open up both the PA and wilco aircraft.cfg files Note you'll be copying entries from the PA file to the Wilco file.10. Delete all Fltsim section entries on the Wilco file and replace them with the Fltsim entries for the PA file. Making sure the Sim, Sound, Panel are pointing to the Wilco entries. and the model, and texture entries match the PA folders created. If you intend to keep using the original PA models as is, make sure the Title entries and the UI Variation fields are unique, so you have no dupe entries.11. Replace the Contact_Points, "Lights", "Exit" and "Views" section with the PA entries.That should do it!You can do the same thing for the A318, and A319 as well.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It's relatively easy, if you are comfortable editing config files. Normally you would merge from Panel to Model, for standard FS Models, but it's the opposite when merging complex aircraft like the Wilco. These are the steps.1 Make a copy of the Wilco A320 folder (So you can still use the wilco models if you want too.)Working with the copy you just made2. Copy the PA Model folder into it. Call it something unique like say model.PA3. Copy the interior .MDL file from the Wilco Model folder to the Model.PA folder you just created. 4. Edit the model.cfg file and add the line "Interior=xxxxxx (Wilco interior model name)5. Copy in the PA texture folders you want to use. 6. Copy a texture.cfg file (You can get one from one the default aircraft texture folders) into each one of those.7. Create a "Texture" folder8. Copy the files that begin with "cock", "interior", "misc" and "panel" from a Wilco texture folder in it.9. Open up both the PA and wilco aircraft.cfg files Note you'll be copying entries from the PA file to the Wilco file.10. Delete all Fltsim section entries on the Wilco file and replace them with the Fltsim entries for the PA file. Making sure the Sim, Sound, Panel are pointing to the Wilco entries. and the model, and texture entries match the PA folders created. If you intend to keep using the original PA models as is, make sure the Title entries and the UI Variation fields are unique, so you have no dupe entries.11. Replace the Contact_Points, "Lights", "Exit" and "Views" section with the PA entries.That should do it!You can do the same thing for the A318, and A319 as well.
So is it required that you find a Project Airbus version of the repaint to modify the textures. Is this what you mean on step 5? Also is it necessary to have the project airbus aircraft already installed in the sim objects folder or can you just download the fsx PA Airbus models (found on avsim)? So far I have gotten the aircraft to show up in the fsx menu, but when I load the aircraft in the sim, there is no exterior model or vc, just the main wilco panel. Thanks and please reply when you can. :(

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

So is it required that you find a Project Airbus version of the repaint to modify the textures. Is this what you mean on step 5? Also is it necessary to have the project airbus aircraft already installed in the sim objects folder or can you just download the fsx PA Airbus models (found on avsim)? So far I have gotten the aircraft to show up in the fsx menu, but when I load the aircraft in the sim, there is no exterior model or vc, just the main wilco panel. Thanks and please reply when you can. :(
Make sure you downloaded the FSX model (version 2) not the original FS9 model. It won't work with the Original model. --- and yes you do need PA repaints, the wilco repaints will not work with the PA model.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Make sure you downloaded the FSX model (version 2) not the original FS9 model. It won't work with the Original model. --- and yes you do need PA repaints, the wilco repaints will not work with the PA model.
Ok got it working, and it looks so much better than the wilco exterior model. All it needs now is a good soundset and adding some dirt texture to the paint (both which I can do myself). Thanks for all your help and I will soon post a video of this aircraft on youtube. You can find me as B0eing1992 on youtube as I no longer use the sho69607 account.

~Spencer Hoefer

Ok got it working, and it looks so much better than the wilco exterior model. All it needs now is a good soundset and adding some dirt texture to the paint (both which I can do myself). Thanks for all your help and I will soon post a video of this aircraft on youtube. You can find me as B0eing1992 on youtube as I no longer use the sho69607 account.
I had a feeling that was you on Youtube, that's why I didn't respond there (Since I responded here)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Just uninstalled Aerosoft Airbus X. How does this merge behave as far as flight dynamics, etc? This may be something that I can use until a better Airbus comes alone (or I die of old age...which ever comes first).

I had a feeling that was you on Youtube, that's why I didn't respond there (Since I responded here)Ya well speaking to what I said earlier, there are some minor issues with the internal textures. I have included the pictures of this and a view of the outside(which is the way it should look as far as engine textures go).

~Spencer Hoefer

I had a feeling that was you on Youtube, that's why I didn't respond there (Since I responded here)
Unfortunately, I spoke to soon as there appears to be a problem with the internal view looking at the engine and parts of the wing . As you can see in this picture, something has gone horribly wrong. However the external view is fine Sorry I responded twice, anyways look below for what Im trying to say. I cant delete this reply, it wont let me.

~Spencer Hoefer

No unfortunately that's it as far as the wings go in the virtual cabin portion of the internal model. That part is a Wilco model, so you are limited to Wilco textures. If you want Wing views, you can use the external aircraft views. You can access them by right clicking the mouse and selecting aircraft views (I think that's what it's called). The merge works mainly for the VC.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

No unfortunately that's it as far as the wings go in the virtual cabin portion of the internal model. That part is a Wilco model, so you are limited to Wilco textures. If you want Wing views, you can use the external aircraft views. You can access them by right clicking the mouse and selecting aircraft views (I think that's what it's called). The merge works mainly for the VC.
ok thanks for all your help.

~Spencer Hoefer

Guest 413X3

Any updates/tweaks to flight dynamics systems or panels or something for the Wilco bird? I am interested now that I can use some nice Project Airbus repaints and their model. Isn't there a vc night light update for the vol1 Airbus?

I did everything and it worked but did anyone else have the problem with the wheels being halfway in the ground? If so can you please tell me how to fix this problem.

Kyle Richardson

✈✈ F L Y D E L T A J E T S ✈✈

I did everything and it worked but did anyone else have the problem with the wheels being halfway in the ground? If so can you please tell me how to fix this problem.
Did you perform step #11?11. Replace the Contact_Points, "Lights", "Exit" and "Views" section with the PA entries.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!