Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Alternative External FPS Limiter

Just unzip, edit the antilag.cfg file to set your FPSLimit and place both files INSIDE your FSX root folder. No bat files or Java GUI needed. This one has a 'frames ahead' feature which can be used as a frame buffer. You can experiment with 0 (to disable frames ahead) 1 (to flush the render queue when the frame is ready) or 2 to queue a frame.http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/d3d_antilag101.zipSource: http://www.kegetys.net/Credit goes to Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen

Just unzip, edit the antilag.cfg file to set your FPSLimit and place both files INSIDE your FSX root folder. No bat files or Java GUI needed. This one has a 'frames ahead' feature which can be used as a frame buffer. You can experiment with 0 (to disable frames ahead) 1 (to flush the render queue when the frame is ready) or 2 to queue a frame.http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/d3d_antilag101.zipSource: http://www.kegetys.net/Credit goes to Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen
Thanks *******,Are there any benefits to using this one over the other FPS limiter other than no .bat or jave requirements? It must be a new app. then huh?

\Robert Hamlich/

It is a new app, yes. I'll test it tonight.. again, its just an alternative to those that can't make the FPSLimiter one work properly.

It does a good job of limiting the FPS, better than FPS limiter. Too bad it seems to break vsync (only on ATI I guess).
Hmm.. Do you have the vSync FIX applied?

I tried it and it eems to do a good job of limiting frames. Unfortunately, I can't go from full screen to windowed back to full screen. When I go from windowed to full screen the screen remain black.

NAX669.png

Initial test was very nice with extra smoothness over the old FPS Limiter. How can we use the enbseries mod with this seeing the both require a d3d9.dll file? The settings I used were:[config]RenderAheadLimit=2FPSlimit=30I did not have a Fullscreen/Window problem see system specs in my sig.Jim..... I take back what I said about the window/fullscreen not causing a problem.... it does. Too bad as it did seem smoother that the other limiter.

Jim Wenham

Hm. My biggest problem is the fact that using the parking brake switch on my Saitek throttle, using "pause" or using the toebrakes on the rudder pedals blackens my screen for some moments.As it is now, it's not useable for me. And the full screen/windowed bug is there as well.

Thanks, Gives the same smoothness as FPSLimiter on my system but will switch back to FPSLimiter as I miss the ENB series bloom effect.

Wow ******* you don't stop!! MS NEEDS to employ you as Head Honcho for the upcoming "Flight"Thanks very much for all your efforts.Happy New Year to you

Thanks.Will give this a quick run.Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hm. My biggest problem is the fact that using the parking brake switch on my Saitek throttle, using "pause" or using the toebrakes on the rudder pedals blackens my screen for some moments.As it is now, it's not useable for me. And the full screen/windowed bug is there as well.
Bear in mind that I haven't tried this new mod yet, but your problems all have something in common: they cause the red text to be visible onscreen for a moment. Perhaps there's a problem with the text overlay and this limiter on your rig. Have you tried switching all on-screen messages off in your fsx.cfg to see if that fixes the problems? Just a thought.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Works for me, *******, and am able to push the settings even more, however - running TripleHead2Go causes a black screen when ending the flight. It can be fixed with a 3-finger salute, at which time it pops back to the regular 'Free Flight' screen without further issue. Frames do not appear to be locked at anything, and fluctuate constantly - all high, but 35 - 57 - 38 - 50, etc., 'unlimited' in FSX and 90 in the cfg file.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It works well for me.The only issue I see is that when I exit FSX I get a slight pause. Other than than, it's a great little tool.Now, if you could only help me eradicate blurries when flying fast in PNW's Seattle, I'll be a happy man.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I never tried the other external FPS limiter with bat files and java as it was too complcated for me. This one seems easier, except I don't know what an FSX root folder is. Can somebody tell me? Then do I turn the FSX default FPS limiter to unlimited? Thanks.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars