Sign in to follow this  
razorsixone

SimConnect Gone Mad

Yesterday i was able to fly a Harrier with the VTOL gauge working, hovering just fine. Today i started FSX up and i can no longer hover. Infact FSUIPC does not work any longer. I do not have it showing in my FSX bar either under addons.It's like it has just decided to mess itself it up with no reason.I shut down FSX like i usually do, shut down the computer and this happens out of the blue.FSUIPC will not connect to "SimConnect" as it tells me SimConnect is not installed properly.I keep getting this error:Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07), but this is not correctly installed!... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!I have gone through various forums to resolve this and every solution has failed. I have tried re-installing FSX SP2 without resolving the problem. I have tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstall SimConnect using the SDK SimConnect.msi installer as per the FSUIPC owner has suggested.With some solutions such as reinstalling SP2 it has resolved some peoples error but not mine.I'm at a complete loss now on what to do. I've tried other solutions on renaming certain folders in the winsxs folder and manifests and nothing is working.It's a complete downer when most addons require FSUIPC and its no longer able to connect to SimConnect.Other solutuons say reinstalled Windows. Yeah right, i'm not re-installing windows just so i can play FSX.I seriously have no idea how a computer can mess up something when shutting down. I've never had this problem before?One thing i did notice when looking through the winsxs folder after i found i had no SimConnect working was that none of the SimConnect folders were actually present. So it was like they were just "deleted" when i shut down last night and this morning, nothing there.Reinstalling SimConnect.msi via the SDK doesn't work at all.I have also tried three different versions of FSUIPC including the 4.60 version.I might just give up on FSX altogether and MS Flight Sim for that matter.

I have also tried three different versions of FSUIPC including the 4.60 version.
Were the other two older, unsupported versions? Have you tried any of the much more recent versions at all? Have you come to the FSUIPC Support Forum, where FSUIPC support is available?If your main need for SimConnect is for FSUIPC, try visiting the FSUIPC support forum, looking in the SubForum called "Download Links". There's a more recent FSUIPC installer there, for 4.638, and an even more recent version, 4.651. These might just be able to work even with a broken SimConnect installation, but only providing at least the correct WinSxS folder is present. Otherwise, at the very least, you'd probably need to rerun the "SimConnect.msi" installer for the version of FSX you have (original, SP1, or SP2/Acceleration).This won't solve any SimConnect problems you might have with other add-ons or aircraft. It doesn't "fix" SimConnect. I just changed the way FSUIPC4 links to it in order to bypass some of the complex linkery Windows likes to do if you try to do it "by the book".I've got two PCs, one running Win7 and the other XP, and both of them have broken SimConnect installations. I have not been able to find any way to repair either without reinstalling Windows. I actually broke them deliberately (!) in order to research this, but I failed miserably to find a solution other than Windows re-installation (which I'll do one day, if only to tidy up my increasingly rubbish-ridden systems). In my opinion the side-by-Side library system is the most diabolically convoluted system ever conceived and implemented by Microsoft and when it goes wrong it is fatal. That's why I changed how FSUIPC links to it.BTW, for help on FSUIPC-specific matters you'd be better off coming to the FSUIPC support forum. I don't come here very often these days as it is pretty inactive.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen