What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- Aerosoft Download Products on Sale
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
. . .
Microsoft 7 issues
Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:08 PM
Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:16 AM
Hello,I am personally under Windows 7 64 bits and it works well, I only have sometime crash due to graphics (driver, or cards too charged)You have to check the compatibility with each addon and install everything with admin right to prevent any CTD.good luck!
Hello everyone. I'm in the planning mode of building a monster computer to run FSX with lots of add-ons. Some key specs include an i7 950, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 580, etc... I plan on running REX, Ultimate traffic 2, and of course all the favorite payware planes like PMDG's 747 and Level-D's 767, and the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang. I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!
Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:21 PM
What issues? You need to be more specific. There has never been any compatibility issues with Windows 7. Yes, people have crashes just like they had with older os's but that does not indicate a compatibility problem. You are always going to have crashes. If you check out the AVSIM Windows 7 forum you'll find much discussion about the new OS and there is only one known issue with adding scenery to the Scenery Library but that is it. There is a fix for that on the Windows 7 forum. FSX works great with Windows 7. BTW, you can purchase FSX for less than $30 today so trying it out will not necessarily destroy your savings account. I do not know about this issue brought up by jahman about crashes being caused with the UAC turned on. The UAC and any anti-virus program can create an issue with any software installation as both are looking for attempts to hack into your system or download a virus. Some people have had success turning these programs off whenever installing new software but most people who have installed FSX have not had any problems with UAC or an anti-virus program turned on. Best regards,Jim
I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!
Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:17 PM