The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
Microsoft 7 issues
Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:08 PM
Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:16 AM
Hello,I am personally under Windows 7 64 bits and it works well, I only have sometime crash due to graphics (driver, or cards too charged)You have to check the compatibility with each addon and install everything with admin right to prevent any CTD.good luck!
Hello everyone. I'm in the planning mode of building a monster computer to run FSX with lots of add-ons. Some key specs include an i7 950, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 580, etc... I plan on running REX, Ultimate traffic 2, and of course all the favorite payware planes like PMDG's 747 and Level-D's 767, and the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang. I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!
Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:21 PM
What issues? You need to be more specific. There has never been any compatibility issues with Windows 7. Yes, people have crashes just like they had with older os's but that does not indicate a compatibility problem. You are always going to have crashes. If you check out the AVSIM Windows 7 forum you'll find much discussion about the new OS and there is only one known issue with adding scenery to the Scenery Library but that is it. There is a fix for that on the Windows 7 forum. FSX works great with Windows 7. BTW, you can purchase FSX for less than $30 today so trying it out will not necessarily destroy your savings account. I do not know about this issue brought up by jahman about crashes being caused with the UAC turned on. The UAC and any anti-virus program can create an issue with any software installation as both are looking for attempts to hack into your system or download a virus. Some people have had success turning these programs off whenever installing new software but most people who have installed FSX have not had any problems with UAC or an anti-virus program turned on. Best regards,Jim
I was about to order FSX today and something told me to hold on and check compatibility of FSX with Windows 7. I've researched about it a little bit and saw that there were some issues of it crashing when windows 7 came out.Has that issue been cleared up?? Thanks!!
Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:17 PM