Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

No AI Traffic in FSX

Hi,I wanted to replace the default FSX AI traffic, so I downloaded the World of AI installer (version 2.4, dated 14/12/2006) and then a large batch of WOAI files from AVSIM into FSX. Installed the latter and all seemed to run fine: all the new bgl files are in the scenery/world/scenery folder and the AI a/c are in the FSX aircraft folder. I disabled the default trafficAircraft.bgl file..Result: I now have no traffic anywhere at any airport. My traffic silder is still at 50%. Even when I replace the new scenery/world/scenery folder with a backed up copy of the default one, I don't get my default AI a/c back - still empty airports. So what went wrong? I didn't install .NET 2.0 because Windows 7 comes with .NET 3.5 - and .NET is backwardly compatible. In any case the WOAI installer ran just fine: if the bgl, the a/c files are there and I have traffic at 50%, I should be seeing planes at airports...Can anyone advise on this? Did I do something wrong or have I missed something?Thanks,Martin

I see the a/c have been installed with bmp texture files rather than dds: will google this further (but surely that would just produce a/c with blank textures, not make all the AI traffic disappear?? And why still no default ai traffic when I restore the default traffic bgl file?).

Good Morning Martin.A common cause of zero WoAI traffic relates to the format of the files (FSX v FS9). Some time ago there was an excellent thread on this with some detailed explanations by David 'Opa' Marshall. Have a look at it and see if it might explain what's happening with your AI traffic.Hope it solves things for you.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295208-world-of-ai/page__p__1824022__hl__woai__fromsearch__1#entry1824022Brian Wilks

Hi Martin,You need to do one of two things because I am assuming you didn't convert the WOAI traffic.bgl's to FSX format using a tool like AIFPC.The thing is, if FSX detects an FS9 style bgl, it will only show FSX default traffic like a/c or ships/boats.FSX has two traffic bgls. The one you mentioned called trafficAircraft.bgl and also one called trafficBoats.bgl. So if you installed WOAI traffic and left the WOAI traffic bgl's in FS9 format and removed the trafficAircraft.bgl and left the trafficBoats.bgl, you will not see any aircraft AI and FSX will only display the Boat traffic in the water.You need to either remove or rename the trafficBoats.bgl AND the trafficAircraft.bgl, or convert all the WOAI traffic bgls into FSX format to get them to work in conjunction with the FSX Boat traffic. If you dont care about the FSX boat traffic then just remove the trafficBoats.bgl and keep all the FS9 format WOAI traffic bgls. The traffic has to be all in FSX format or all in FS9 format, you cant mix FS9 traffic bgls with FSX format traffic bgls.The tool AIFPC can be found with a google search. There maybe other tools that convert FS9 traffic bgls into FSX format as well, but AIFPC is the one that I have used for the past few years.As far as your question about the textures being in .bmp format, that is pretty much standard. I use some WOAI and Ultimate Traffic 2 and all the textures are .bmp format, so I wouldn't worry about it causing a problem.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks - I sort of picked up on bits of this from googling, but it wasn't clear what to do about it. I'll look at what you recommend.Annoyingly (to say the least), after restoring my whole FSX folder from backup, I still don't have any traffic anywhere, even with the default bgl file active!! Looked in the fsx.cfg file and traffic is set at 50% there - can't imagine what's going on.Will report back..M.

Hi Martin,The thing is, if FSX detects an FS9 style bgl, it will only show FSX default traffic like a/c or ships/boats.The traffic has to be all in FSX format or all in FS9 format, you cant mix FS9 traffic bgls with FSX format traffic bgls.The tool AIFPC can be found with a google search. There maybe other tools that convert FS9 traffic bgls into FSX format as well, but AIFPC is the one that I have used for the past few years.As far as your question about the textures being in .bmp format, that is pretty much standard. I use some WOAI and Ultimate Traffic 2 and all the textures are .bmp format, so I wouldn't worry about it causing a problem.
Actually it's the reverse, if there are FS9 and FSX traffic files together, only the FS9 ones will show.Other things that can cause disappearing traffic with FS9 models are if you are at an addon airport with FS9 model scenery, FS9 models will not show unless aircraft shadows are off. The other thing that can cause it is if he's running in DX10, which also doesn't like FS9 models.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

As chance would have it, I downloaded the latest version of AIFPC only last week. So I ran it, decompiled all the bgl files that had been installed by World of AI to txt files, then recompiled them with the two FSX options checked. That gave me a new folder of WoAI bgl files, which I copied to a clean (default) FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder. I finally removed the trafficAircraft.bgl file and then loaded an airport (EGKK) in FSX. Still no traffic anywhere. Moved the boats and vehicles bgl files (though that shouldn't make any difference now all the WoAI bgl files are in FSX format): still all airports empty.As I said, even when I load FSX with the default scenery/world/scenery folder now, I don't get the default AI traffic either - all gates empty. Traffic still set to 50% in fsx.cfg. What on earth has happened?BTW, I am running DirectX11, but I at least had default AI traffic at airports before I started all this.Thanks again,Martin

As chance would have it, I downloaded the latest version of AIFPC only last week. So I ran it, decompiled all the bgl files that had been installed by World of AI to txt files, then recompiled them with the two FSX options checked. That gave me a new folder of WoAI bgl files, which I copied to a clean (default) FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder. I finally removed the trafficAircraft.bgl file and then loaded an airport (EGKK) in FSX. Still no traffic anywhere. Moved the boats and vehicles bgl files (though that shouldn't make any difference now all the WoAI bgl files are in FSX format): still all airports empty.As I said, even when I load FSX with the default scenery/world/scenery folder now, I don't get the default AI traffic either - all gates empty. Traffic still set to 50% in fsx.cfg. What on earth has happened?BTW, I am running DirectX11, but I at least had default AI traffic at airports before I started all this.Thanks again,Martin
Hi Martin!!You should check if exist a line like this (SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI Traffic) in fsx.cfg where you address the location of your WOAI ai aircrafts.I copied the line from my fsx.cfg. Yours could be different.I hope this could help!!!CheersIgnacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

I have:SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplaneswhich should be OK as the WoAI a/c are in the main FSX aircraft folder. Tried replacing the fsx.cfg file with one backed up a few days ago - still no AI traffic at all at any airport. Ho-hum...Thanks for the suggestion anyway.M.

Ok, I have traffic - but not that much! But at least the fact that I have any at all shows that the WoAI package is working. I put the slider up to 75% and then got some traffic at some airports, like Gatwick, but it's hardly busy. Quiter airports are still empty. I guess there are no flightplans installed for them.I think the problem is that although I downloaded ALL the WoAI files on the WoAI site, there are still huge gaps - for instance, no Air France Airbuses or Boeings (one 777 package apart) at all - so no wonder LFPG looks bare!Looks like I shall have to go hunting for more AI packages: have I exhausted WoAI? Can't see much more on AVSIM for instance. I suppose I can download other AI packages and treat them the same way with AIFPC?Martin

I have:SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplaneswhich should be OK as the WoAI a/c are in the main FSX aircraft folder. Tried replacing the fsx.cfg file with one backed up a few days ago - still no AI traffic at all at any airport. Ho-hum...Thanks for the suggestion anyway.M.
Martin,Did you check every aircraft.cfg? If i remember well, AIFP has an option that checks if you have missed aircraft in your flight planIgnacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Think maybe you missed my last reply.. :-)Can I find WoAI files anywhere else other than AVSIm and Flightsim.com (as linked on the WoAI website)? There are some glaring omissions - for example, no Air France medium/heavies. What's the easiest way to fill these gaps?M.

WOAI made it simple, they have a map. click on the area you want packages for, and it will list all the packages that flyto and from that area, ten jsut download each package. And as staed before, if you have FS9 and FSX packages, opnly the fs9 ones will show, why they had to do that, is anyones guess.

Think maybe you missed my last reply.. :-)Can I find WoAI files anywhere else other than AVSIm and Flightsim.com (as linked on the WoAI website)? There are some glaring omissions - for example, no Air France medium/heavies. What's the easiest way to fill these gaps?M.
I like alpha india group. It's not a "pushbutton" solution like a WoAI package. Here is the aircraft list from their summer 10 Aif France plans:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=148354// Air France Summer 2010AC#10,200,"Air France Airbus A380-800"AC#20,200,"Air France Boeing 747-400"AC#21,200,"Air France Boeing 747-400 - Old colors new stickers"AC#22,200,"Air France Boeing 747-400SCD - Old colors new stickers"AC#30,200,"Air France Airbus A340-300"AC#31,200,"Air France Airbus A340-300 - Old colors new stickers"AC#40,200,"Air France Boeing 777-300ER"AC#41,200,"Air France Boeing 777-300ER - Old colors new stickers"AC#42,200,"Air France Boeing 777-300ER - Skyteam"AC#50,200,"Air France Boeing 777-200"AC#51,200,"Air France Boeing 777-200 - Old colors new stickers"AC#52,200,"Air France Boeing 777-200 - Old colors old stickers"AC#60,200,"Air France Airbus A330-200"AC#61,200,"Air France Airbus A330-200 - Old colors new stickers"AC#62,200,"Air France Airbus A330-200 - Old colors old stickers"AC#70,200,"Air France Airbus A321-200"AC#71,200,"Air France Airbus A321-200 - Old colors new stickers"AC#72,200,"Air France Airbus A321-100 - Old colors old stickers"AC#80,200,"Air France Airbus A320-200"AC#81,200,"Air France Airbus A320-200 - Old colors new stickers"AC#82,200,"Air France Airbus A320-200 - Old colors old stickers"AC#83,200,"Air France Airbus A320-200 - RetroJet F-GFKJ"AC#90,200,"Air France Airbus A319-100"AC#91,200,"Air France Airbus A319-100 - Old colors new stickers"AC#92,200,"Air France Airbus A319-100 - Old colors old stickers"AC#93,200,"Air France Airbus A319-100LR - Dedicate"AC#100,200,"Air France Airbus A318-100"AC#101,200,"Air France Airbus A318-100 - Old colors new stickers"If you are checking out AI, I think you would want your slider to 100%, or at least open the flight plans in AIFP v2 to see what the % field is set to in the plans.scott s..