Guest jahman

According to ths info then i7-2600K 20% faster on average than the 17-950, so the i7-2600K running at 4.75 GHz (on air!) equals the i7-950 running at 4.7 x 1.20 = 5.7 GHz!As for price, the difference in price alone beteen the i7-960 and the i7-950 is $562, i.e. 1.77x the $317 price of the i7-2600K. How much better can this get?Cheers,- jahman.

has anybody tested the 2600k on fsx yet
No, but I am trying to get approval from my editor to write up a piece on it. It's going to be awhile though, he's out of town at CES until this weekend, and then I have to take the time to actually do the testing and write it up, and fit that into my free time outside of my regular full-time job.

Guest veeray

Most of those higher numbers 20%+ are due to an extension of the SSE Instruction set... not really an indication of improvement of FSX at all.. like zip. Someone please bench FSX!!!

will you be overclocking the 2600k or running at stock speed
Both, if it happens.
Most of those higher numbers 20%+ are due to an extension of the SSE Instruction set... not really an indication of improvement of FSX at all.. like zip. Someone please bench FSX!!!
Can you point out the specific software titles which you know benefit from AVX or AES-NI?

Guest freebird77
And there is a real posibility that clock for clock we wont see that kind of improvement at all.Just as it was with Fermi folks should just sit tight and wait to see how it plays out before trading in there 4Ghz I7s.

My My! Well, if anyone is not impressed with the Sandy Bridge 2600K then it must be because of not reading the in-depth reviews. The numbers are staggering (That is a direct quote). I have a great machine already, one of the best. As far as it being an upgrade from what I have, you bet it is, by a wide margin, and without having to pay a fortune to do so. Study this test and it's methodologyI have not finally decided to go Sandy Bridge, but depending on decisions with ram and motherboards, I will within the next few days. All I have to change is the MB, CPU and add a stick of ram - a few hundred dollars at most. Everything else will fit. And I can recoup a fair bit back when selling the P6TD Deluxe MB and i7-930.A Sandy Bridge i7 2600K at 5Ghz with super fast SSD's in Raid0 and an overclocked 580 GTX sounds good to me for the next step up. Will FSX like a super fast CPU? Sure it will, a whole lot.Kind regards,

C'mon Stephen, you know you're gonna do it!

NAX669.png

Guest freebird77
My My! Well, if anyone is not impressed with the Sandy Bridge 2600K then it must be because of not reading the in-depth reviews. The numbers are staggering (That is a direct quote). I have a great machine already, one of the best. As far as it being an upgrade from what I have, you bet it is, by a wide margin, and without having to pay a fortune to do so. Study this test and it's methodologyI have not finally decided to go Sandy Bridge, but depending on decisions with ram and motherboards, I will within the next few days. All I have to change is the MB, CPU and add a stick of ram - a few hundred dollars at most. Everything else will fit. And I can recoup a fair bit back when selling the P6TD Deluxe MB and i7-930.A Sandy Bridge i7 2600K at 5Ghz with super fast SSD's in Raid0 and an overclocked 580 GTX sounds good to me for the next step up. Will FSX like a super fast CPU? Sure it will, a whole lot.Kind regards,
YesYes the smell of new hardware, I understand completely.....just saying since not all software is seeing the clock per clock increases it becomes a different game depending on which way the clock ticks for FSX, like you said though 5Ghz sounds good, but patience does have its rewards.Cheers