Sign in to follow this  
IcarusMD11

FSX problem with Windows 7

TROUBLE!!! I have recently bought a new HP Pavilion with Windows 7. There is a serious and frustrating problem. All the time, when i am in a flight and try to access the menu, FSX freezes and there is an "FATAL ERROR" notice showing up. Also, when trying to change an aircraft during flight, it also crashes FSX. Threre is also a number of addons that will not work on FSX in Windows 7: WILCO SERIES 1/SERIES 2: When loading up the aircraft, there is an audible error sound and FS shuts down. PMDG MD-11/B747: When loading up the aircraft, FS freezes and crashes.

• Captain Sim 727
  • Captain Sim 757
  • Captain Sim 767
  • FS CoPilotx
  • FS Inn x

All these do not work properly. I also searched the internet and also found out that numerous other Flight Simmers have trouble playing FS on Windows 7. I tried to tweak the cfg. file, change the game resolution but nothing works. I understand that FSX was released in 2006 but for one thing, Microsoft has not released any updates since FSX Service Pack 2. I also installed Acceleration on it but it does not make a difference. As a conclusion, it is Windows 7 that is not compatible with FSX. Me and a lot of other Simmers have this problem but we cant find a solution. I will kindly ask and appreciate anyone who can help find a way to fix this. In the meantime I am too trying to find a way. My Computer Specs:HP Pavilion P6000 seriesWindows 7 64 bitProcessor: AMD Sempron 140-------2.70 GHzMemory: 3.00 GBFSX Deluxe & Acceleration

Hi,Not sure if this will fix your problems, but have you installed the uiautomationcore.dll fix into the FSX root folder?See here if not, and for more info.I had some similar problems when switching over to W7, but now FSX runs just as well as it did on Vista. Good luck, and do let us know how you get on. :(

Thank you very much, I appriciate this, I hope this works

Hi,Not sure if this will fix your problems, but have you installed the uiautomationcore.dll fix into the FSX root folder?See here if not, and for more info.I had some similar problems when switching over to W7, but now FSX runs just as well as it did on Vista. Good luck, and do let us know how you get on. :(

You'd better be off to remove it from Windows\System32 and Windows\syswow64 folders (not entire folders, just uiautomationcore).Solved it for me (Toshiba Satellite L650-12Z, Windows 7 x64)