Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Air Hauler questions

Okay, let's say there is a cargo in Paris CDG that needs delivering to London Heathrow by 10pm tomorrow evening which weighs 12,000lbs for which you'd earn 25,000 quid. You take the job. Your cargo airline has you, and one otherAl
One last question. Can you only fly cargo and not passenger in Air Hauler?

only cargo
It seems to be difficult to find what I wan't

wow, after reading this again, I want to do AH but man I just wish it would be able to do passenger.. I have to many cool planes that just won't fit in as cargo.here is another question. suppose you just want to be a small on demand cargo company... does it allow you to do high priority cargo? how about just some small paper work, etc can you modify the cargo list? in other words, the eggs, fish, etc maybe where I fly there wouldn't be fish, can I take that off the list?

Ciao!

Old topic, but interesting. I wonder what would be the best program for someone who ONLY flies the Katana 4x? I simply would like to do the flights I want to do (being free to take off from and go to any place I want to at anytime) and simply take a passenger with me for a scenic route and get paid for that. No other pilots needed, no cargo flights, just adding something to the realism that the Katana already brings.After reading all this I think I should get FSPax, right...? Even though that seems to be the least supported program...EDITJust checked out the FSPax site: even that program seems to offer too much... Can you turn of failures and things that only have to do with big airliners? The Katanan is a SMALL two seater...!

oh yes, I would say what you want to do fs pax is the way to go, you can easily shut off failures, let the katana take care of that itself. or for something that simple you could easily keep track of your finances in a spreadsheet yourself. look up on airnav where you fly to and you can check real world fuel prices and based on what you are already given with the Katana as far as expenses - just "charge" appropriately to make money. oh should you probably figure in landing fees and insurance cost as well, fspax does this if I recall but I wish there was a program that would allow you to update those things as the real world changes..

Ciao!

Old topic, but interesting. I wonder what would be the best program for someone who ONLY flies the Katana 4x? I simply would like to do the flights I want to do (being free to take off from and go to any place I want to at anytime) and simply take a passenger with me for a scenic route and get paid for that. No other pilots needed, no cargo flights, just adding something to the realism that the Katana already brings.
What is so special with this plane? What does 4x stand for?

What is so special with this plane? What does 4x stand for?
The special thing is that you have to do everything yourself as you would in real life: you really have do a preflight, you have to check the oil and add oil if necessary (choices between two kinds of oil), you have to check cooling stuff, you have to check fuel, you have to handle the plane with care or things will go wrong and get damaged, etc. etc.Checking oil isn't just looking at some picture to check it: by using the (good looking) interface you have to open the engine compartiment, take the lid of the oil er... thing (I don't know all those terms in English) and manually put a stick in it to check oil levels. You also have to add oil manually. And if you forget to put the lid back on, you'll be very sorry... The same goes for coolin fluids and fuel. You also have to let the er.. technical guy (why can't I remember all those names and terms...) check the plane and when something is wrong, it will have to be repaired and that takes time...! It's not just click and it's done.You also have to clean the plane (fill the bucket with water, put the sponge in it and clean the window manually...!) otherwise the window will get more and more dirty. There even is a vacuumcleaner.I also like that you the plane is parked, it's really parked. Even the radio's etc. have to be turned on manually (which hardly ever is the case in other GA addons). The manual even says to turn the transponder to standby when changing the numbers to prevent the tubes (or something) from breaking down.And so on, and so on. In short: it's the closest thing to actually owning a plane!!! It's the best and I've been flying it since the day it was released. I even don't have other GA's installed. In real life most people own ONE plane and so do I in FSX. ;)EDITAnd I even didn't mention yet that it flies great, haha! :)

boy I'm very close in purchasing that plane myself. I would pay big money if someone could come out with an addon that would allow you to do that with any aircraft.

Ciao!

The special thing is that you have to do everything yourself as you would in real life: you really have do a preflight, you have to check the oil and add oil if necessary (choices between two kinds of oil), you have to check cooling stuff, you have to check fuel, you have to handle the plane with care or things will go wrong and get damaged, etc. etc.Checking oil isn't just looking at some picture to check it: by using the (good looking) interface you have to open the engine compartiment, take the lid of the oil er... thing (I don't know all those terms in English) and manually put a stick in it to check oil levels. You also have to add oil manually. And if you forget to put the lid back on, you'll be very sorry... The same goes for coolin fluids and fuel. You also have to let the er.. technical guy (why can't I remember all those names and terms...) check the plane and when something is wrong, it will have to be repaired and that takes time...! It's not just click and it's done.You also have to clean the plane (fill the bucket with water, put the sponge in it and clean the window manually...!) otherwise the window will get more and more dirty. There even is a vacuumcleaner.I also like that you the plane is parked, it's really parked. Even the radio's etc. have to be turned on manually (which hardly ever is the case in other GA addons). The manual even says to turn the transponder to standby when changing the numbers to prevent the tubes (or something) from breaking down.And so on, and so on. In short: it's the closest thing to actually owning a plane!!! It's the best and I've been flying it since the day it was released. I even don't have other GA's installed. In real life most people own ONE plane and so do I in FSX. ;)EDITAnd I even didn't mention yet that it flies great, haha! :)
I discovered one more thing about it. Since I have bought the Katana for FS9 a long time ago the price for me is only 15 Euro

I have been looking at Air Hauler also but am unsure about whether or not it would work for me given what I am interested in trying to do. I really just want to be a small, independent on-demand cargo delivery service. I'm not interested in growing to the point of owning a fleet of larger aircraft, employees, etc. I really just want to base myself out of my small airport (KCDN) in SC and accept jobs as a one-man show flying a variety of smaller to mid-sized a/c and accepting local to mid-range cargo jobs.Will Air Hauler scale down? Can you keep yourself small in this game?Thanks!John

I have been looking at Air Hauler also but am unsure about whether or not it would work for me given what I am interested in trying to do. I really just want to be a small, independent on-demand cargo delivery service. I'm not interested in growing to the point of owning a fleet of larger aircraft, employees, etc. I really just want to base myself out of my small airport (KCDN) in SC and accept jobs as a one-man show flying a variety of smaller to mid-sized a/c and accepting local to mid-range cargo jobs.Will Air Hauler scale down? Can you keep yourself small in this game?Thanks!John
Yes, absolutely.You can be a small one person operator or grow through hiring A/I to be a global operation the choice is yours. In fact while it may not be a smart business decision I have made major cutbacks in my own company to get back to basics. The only combination that would be difficult to control would be maintaining yourself as a sole operator (No A/I bringing in $$$) while maintaining a high number of expensive bases.

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks for the input, Blaze. With that in mind I'll take a hard look at Air Hauler. Regards,John