Sign in to follow this  
Ericd

737NG in FSX

Hello,Anyone tried to install the 737 for FS9 in FSX. )like the Beechcraft 1900C=I´m afraid to ruin my setup. That´s why I ask Big%20Grin.gifThanksEric

I did it a while back after reading a thread somewhere where someone described the steps they took to make it work. I installed it to a fake FS9 folder on my other computer then transfered the files to the FSX computer.I will say this though, I loaded it up and flew it for about an hour, but then uninstalled it and never looked back. As nice as it looked years ago in FS9, it really shows its age in the VC when used in FSX. Plus it seem like there were a few little things that didn't want to work properly in the VC.If I were you I would just wait until the NGX comes out, or fly one of the other PMDG FSX birds in the mean time.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sean,Did you have any trouble with the fmc at all? when i try it i couldn't get it to work at all

FSX is not FS9.
Ur smart, Ryan! :(:(

I tried doing this as well a long time ago. I was desperate and skeptical and it did not work properly so off it came. Just wait a "little" longer and you won't need to.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ok thanks for all the input, I won't even try now.Eric

Sean,Did you have any trouble with the fmc at all? when i try it i couldn't get it to work at all
Honestly, I dont remember since it was so long ago, but since Ryan said that some parts work and some don't that's all you need to know.I just remember setting up a quick flight from Miami to Orlando, took off and got as far as Ft. Lauderdale, which isn't very far, then decided the VC didn't look as nice as I was hoping for, plus some of the click spots in the VC didn't work, so I exited the flight and deleted it from FSX.In my opinion it wasn't worth spending any more time on, so after I deleted it I never used it again and decided to just wait for the NGX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's a "step by step" guide to make FS2004 737NG to work on FSXFirst of all I recommend to make clean installs FS9 & FSX. Once two sims are set, proceed to install PMDG 737NG on FS2004. Now here comes the tricky part.You'll need to go through each folder in FS2004 that contains "PMDG" files. Make a temp folder on your desktop and create these foldersEffectsGaugesModulesFMCWPPMDGSimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700SoundsNow, as I said before, Copy all files containing the keyword "pmdg" in FS2004 to their respective folder.Now copy the temp folder to the main FSX installation directory.You might wanna add some cameras (not working in fs9)Launch FSX, load a 737 plane, and DO NOT go to the overhead panel because this will make FSX crash. First press SHIFT-1 and you'll get all gauges working, NOW you can go to the overhead panel and turn off the plane to start from cold & dark.Enjoy!

[CameraDefinition.0]Title = "Starboard Wing Inboard Edge 30"Guid = {E6F09AF1-BE8D-45b9-A321-E6070D456328}Description = View over the starboard wing from passenger povOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 1.5, 1.1, -3InitialPbh = 10, 0, 100XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.1]Title = "Port Wing Inboard Edge 30"Guid = {283902FC-DE04-4ca4-A455-6A6B42ACA4D1}Description = View over the port wing from passenger povOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -1.5, 1.1, -3 InitialPbh = 10, 0, 260XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.2]Title = "Starboard Wing Inboard Edge 40"Guid = {84AE889D-10E9-435f-8FA2-33FADE170A5F}Description = View behind starboard trailing edge flapsOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 1.5, 1.1, -9.8InitialPbh = 5, 0, 60XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.3]Title = "Port Wing Inboard Edge 40"Guid = {3971E217-9966-466f-8A0A-A7A15C4AF102}Description = View behind port trailing edge flapsOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -1.5, 1.1, -9.8InitialPbh = 5, 0, 300XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.4]Title = "Starboard Wing Inboard Edge 16"Guid = {905DF62B-DFA4-4a29-9D93-6291438F3A32}Description = View of starboard engine inlet leading edge and inboard flapsOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 1.5, 1.1, 6.0InitialPbh = 10, 0, 130XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.5]Title = "Port Wing Inboard Edge 16"Guid = {F505C2C2-85E7-4f49-96F6-5D921103F566}Description = View of port engine inlet leading edge and inboard flapsOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -1.5, 1.1, 6.0InitialPbh = 10, 0, 230XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.6]Title = "Forward Airstairs"Guid = {0783D08E-C927-45cb-9F9E-E676FB9FC48E}Description = Walk round inspection start positionOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -6.0, -1.3, 10.43InitialPbh = -8, 0, 60XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.7]Title = "Main Landing Gear View"Guid = {1B1771BD-C708-4df0-A12A-1B1AE86B8341}Description = Eye Level Port Side Main Landing GearOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .5ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = -10.0, -2.3, -12.0InitialPbh = -5, 0, 25XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.8]Title = "Fin Wide Camera - Fixed"Guid = {01834B40-1CBF-42e5-9090-C5D916D90C53}Description = Tailfin above static wicksOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = FALSEInitialZoom = .6ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 0.0, 9.3, -19.43InitialPbh = 15, 0, 0XyzAdjust = FALSECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=FALSEClipMode=Minimum[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Main View"Guid = {1991C69B-2C34-454f-AD69-803D9FB6A4B3}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=40HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0,0,-0.325InitialPbh=3, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Display View"Guid = {2C829FC5-1A34-40a4-8276-879C0D090D4A}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=40HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0,0,-0.327InitialPbh=11, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Flight Attendant Panel View"Guid = {0D004D59-F828-4747-BA63-CD933F42603D}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=40HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.7,0.6,-2.7InitialPbh=11, 0, -35.2491
Copy
Hello,Anyone tried to install the 737 for FS9 in FSX. )like the Beechcraft 1900C=I´m afraid to ruin my setup. That´s why I ask Big%20Grin.gifThanksEric

one problem left... CMDA and B will not connect. It disconnect immediately after pressing.

Here's a "step by step" guide to make FS2004 737NG to work on FSXFirst of all I recommend to make clean installs FS9 & FSX. Once two sims are set, proceed to install PMDG 737NG on FS2004. Now here comes the tricky part.You'll need to go through each folder in FS2004 that contains "PMDG" files. Make a temp folder on your desktop and create these foldersEffectsGaugesModulesFMCWPPMDGSimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700SoundsNow, as I said before, Copy all files containing the keyword "pmdg" in FS2004 to their respective folder.Now copy the temp folder to the main FSX installation directory.You might wanna add some cameras (not working in fs9)Launch FSX, load a 737 plane, and DO NOT go to the overhead panel because this will make FSX crash. First press SHIFT-1 and you'll get all gauges working, NOW you can go to the overhead panel and turn off the plane to start from cold & dark.Enjoy!Copy
Thanks for the guide.I said I won't, but I couldn't resist, so I did give it a try.It works, the 737 is working perfect. One problem. The FMC is working, but I can't get any routes in it because the FMC doesn't find the navigraph data. But it flies wonderfull even after all these years. Compliments to PMDG!regards,Eric

The navigraph data should go on a carpet named FMCWP in the main FSX directory. You might wanna pull PMDG's 747's or MD11 navdata folder to FSX\FMCWP and voila!you'll get the airac updated.Cheers m8!

Thanks for the guide.I said I won't, but I couldn't resist, so I did give it a try.It works, the 737 is working perfect. One problem. The FMC is working, but I can't get any routes in it because the FMC doesn't find the navigraph data. But it flies wonderfull even after all these years. Compliments to PMDG!regards,Eric

The navigraph data should go on a carpet named FMCWP in the main FSX directory. You might wanna pull PMDG's 747's or MD11 navdata folder to FSX\FMCWP and voila!you'll get the airac updated.Cheers m8!
Thanks, tonight I will try it.Eric

May I use some more minutes of your time?Now I want to get it right!!I copied the Navdata folder from the PMDG folder to the FMCWP. Even the Sidstars.But the FMC keep saying "program error" when I try to input an airportname (EHAM or something like that)Every thing is working in the FMC. But no navdata. The field under NAvdata is empty and stays empty.Any sugggestions?ThanksEric

Hi Eric!Try thisInstall PMDG 747 for FSX or MD11reinstall latest PMDG AIRAC for FSXFSX PMDG Airac installs in the main FSX\PMDG foldercopy the airac to the FMCWP, that should do the jobCheers!

May I use some more minutes of your time?Now I want to get it right!!I copied the Navdata folder from the PMDG folder to the FMCWP. Even the Sidstars.But the FMC keep saying "program error" when I try to input an airportname (EHAM or something like that)Every thing is working in the FMC. But no navdata. The field under NAvdata is empty and stays empty.Any sugggestions?ThanksEric