Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

Flight and FSX Comparison Screenshots

So far, I have done comparisons with screenshots 2, 3, 5, and 6 of Flight with FSX. I plan on doing shot 4 soon, although I am still searching for the location of shot 1. Until then, here are the current ones.Screenshot 2valleyoverlook.jpgvalleyoverlookfsx.jpgScreenshot 3valleywithwater.jpgvalleywithwaterfsx.jpgScreenshot 5mauleoverwater.jpgmauleoverwaterfsx.jpgScreenshot 6mauleheadingtowardswate.jpgmauleheadingtowardswate.jpgI can already tell you screenshot 4 won't be easy to replicate! :(:(

Brandon Filer

Guest veeray

Pretty good comparison.. Hopefully the folks at OrbX take advantage of the water upgrade. It's great Flight has so much detail around Norfolk, but I would think it would take Orbx to do an entire continent at this level.

Just observing in SS #2, noticed that it appears there are shadows being cast from the tree in the foreground... hopefully this speaks well of more true lighting/shadows with Flight in regards to cloud shadows and if on an overcast day once below the cloud deck, the atmospheric lighting gets noticeably darker. As well, I wonder what those black dots are on the horizon of SS #2?

Eric 

Wow ... Thank you for taking the time to show these nearly identical snapshots from each. I already see a less cartoonish appearance of MS Flight compared to that of FSX, namely looking at the aircraft itself. It is great how they've reduced the texture stretch on the coastlines too.Regards,Owen

Wow ... Thank you for taking the time to show these nearly identical snapshots from each. I already see a less cartoonish appearance of MS Flight compared to that of FSX, namely looking at the aircraft itself. It is great how they've reduced the texture stretch on the coastlines too.Regards,Owen
I agree. Suddenly, I am getting very excited about Flight.

It would be interesting to take it a step further and show a comparison with FS9 shots included to see how far the sim has evolved since FS9 was released.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It would be interesting to take it a step further and show a comparison with FS9 shots included to see how far the sim has evolved since FS9 was released.
I could certainly do that after all the FSX comparison shots are done. (Just shots 1 and 4) The camera potions wouldn't be the same on some of them because of the limitations of FS9. (only the shots with the aircraft)

Brandon Filer

Great comparison!Could you please write the geographical coordinates of the views, so we can have a look in Google Earth?Thanks!

Looks like the size of the trees is better in Flight. I sure hope that is the case. For me the size of trees, compared to house and building structures. Hope the January set of screenshots (if we get them) will include some building structures to see if the odd scale in FS8-10 is represented in a more realistic manner in Flight. So far, I have to say I am impressed and hopefully optimistic with this version. I am kind of glad this release will be five years after the last one so there are some significant modernizations in the sim.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Flight is really looking fantastic! in this early stage of development. very cool comparison screenshots. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Great comparison!Could you please write the geographical coordinates of the views, so we can have a look in Google Earth?Thanks!
Screenshot 2:
  • N20° 3.49'
  • W155° 37.62'
  • Heading 359

Screenshot 3:

• N20° 8.59'
  • W155° 33.98'
  • Heading 223

Screenshot 4:

• N22° 1.85'
  • W159° 30.03'
  • Heading 133

Screenshot 5:

• N22° 14.30'
  • W159° 23.36'
  • Heading 232

Screenshot 6:

• N22° 2.99'
  • W159° 29.96'
  • Heading 50

Comparison shot 4 is done. It was so hard to line up this one, I'm not even sure if I'm at the right location on the island, LOL!! LOL.gifmountainsoverlook.jpgmountainsoverlookfsx.jpg

Brandon Filer

Comparison shot 4 is done. It was so hard to line up this one, I'm not even sure if I'm at the right location on the island, LOL!! LOL.gif
Looks pretty good to me Brandon!

although I am still searching for the location of shot 1.
You know.... If I had looked at the MS site earlier I might have been of assistance sooner.For #1 you should be coming across the northern side of Mau'i, from Hana (PHHN) to Kahului (PHOG). Any time you see that much stream activity around Hawai'i you'll be on a north shore of an island. Rough guess is that you're 15 miles away from PHOG, on a bearing of around 230-245 or so. The land mass showing through the propeller is the island of Moloka'i.Hope that may help? If you need free mesh for the Islands, I have some 10m available in the library... :( One thing a couple of pictures showed me is better mesh definition further out in Flight vs. FSX. That may (or may) not be from tweaking the existing 38m used in FSX or it could be some of the 10m that's available as source? After all, we all know it's about the mesh, man!C'mon Lotto numbers! Meshman needs to move to Hawai'i... :(

Flew the area last night, s/b about 15-20 miles out from Kahului and around 5500-6000 feet.I made the trip over some photo work I bought. It was on sale at 50% off and I still feel like I paid too much...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.