Sign in to follow this  
Yawdamper

Review Cessna 310R, MilViz

HelloIn the Aircraft Review Cessna 310R by MilViz, you remark under Product Information "Simulation Type"FS9/FSX !!!Are you certain but this Addon RUN under the FS9 ????Thanks for your statementYawdamper

In the Aircraft Review Cessna 310R by MilViz, you remark under Product Information "Simulation Type"FS9/FSX !!!
Should read FSX.I'll get that fixed.thanks for the pick up.

And also, you appear to use a laptop for your review.I use a fast overclocked Core 2 Duo with an 8800GTS GPU, and get appalling framerates - comparable to some other MilViz / Eaglesoft aircraft, the F1 Mustang Jet and Captain Sim airliners !!!Do you feel a review should completely omit any reference to framerate performance, particulary for an FSX addon ?Were you using a resolution of 1200x800, low Ai and other settings per chance ?MAybe it would be useful to know this information before people part with £20 for an a/c that really needs a "very good" PC to run it smoothly ?

My comments are on performance. From 2001 to 2009 I put approx 1500 hours on the C310R. This is an excellent addon for flight sim X. The only cooment I would make is that it seems to have a little too much get up and go for various power settings. The ones I flew (in forest fire suppression)had a VG kit that allowed a takeoff weight of 5680.....made for nice low speed handling. It was the only piston twin (other than the CL215)I flew in my career and other than in ice my memories of it are of a beautiful light aircraft to spend time in. Dave

My comments are on performance. From 2001 to 2009 I put approx 1500 hours on the C310R. This is an excellent addon for flight sim X. The only cooment I would make is that it seems to have a little too much get up and go for various power settings. The ones I flew (in forest fire suppression)had a VG kit that allowed a takeoff weight of 5680.....made for nice low speed handling. It was the only piston twin (other than the CL215)I flew in my career and other than in ice my memories of it are of a beautiful light aircraft to spend time in. Dave
With performance, they mean how the aircraft performs on their computer from a FPS perspective. So, not how the plane flies, but how heavy the plane is for the computer to run. For example, the FPS are a lot better with a default plane than with the PMDG 747; thus, the performance of the default planes are better than of the PMDG 747 (this was meant only as an example, by the way, and it isn't based at all on actual values!)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Sorry. Should have clarified I meant aircraft performance. For various manifold pressure/rpm combinations climb performance, indicated cruise speeds seem on the high side.....regardless it's a good addon. Minor point really. Dave

Guest bstolle
Sorry. Should have clarified I meant aircraft performance. For various manifold pressure/rpm combinations climb performance, indicated cruise speeds seem on the high side.....regardless it's a good addon. Minor point really. Dave
That's strange as I made the performance exactly to the book and Ken verified the actual power settings with calibrations flights in his own 310 during cruise, approach etc..

Should read FSX.I'll get that fixed.thanks for the pick up.
hi i was just wondering how can i download the cessna310 for my flightsim x acceleration,can you help please.

hi i was just wondering how can i download the cessna310 for my flightsim x acceleration,can you help please.

Go to
installerRun installerPay for itEnjoy!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator